Dating profile

emre43

Has anybody got any idea for a dating profile? I am not the most creative and am finding it really tough thinking of anything unique to say :sad:

PGT

The only advice I can give is to be honest about yourself. When you start talking to other people they will soon know if you are telling lies. Also just try to make it interesting and fun.

BigTom

After a few successful online meets I found it was best just to be yourself and if someone is interested then you know they are interested in you and not the online persona you make up...

Admitting to enjoying the odd chick flick helps too ;)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You could talk about your personality type, your hobbies, your tastes in music, things you like. Just be truthful about it.

Ashiene

So I tried a little experiment. I went on Facebook to make a fake female profile and posted about 40 pictures of myself in very photoshopped and realistic female guise (using female masks, wigs, prosthetics, clothes, etc). By the 3rd week, I was getting around 200-500 random friend requests, 50-100 messages and 300-500 status updates per day. There was nothing on my public profile except my faked sex, age, name and a sexy profile picture of myself.

When I was previously using my real male profile (which got banned after 5 years for ridiculous reasons), I would only get 1 random friend request every 1-2 weeks. On my male profile I could post a very insightful post (to my friend list of 560 people) and get 0 likes, 0 comments, but on my fake female profile, all I needed to post was a one-word sentence (to my friend list of 3500 people) and I would get dozens of likes and comments within seconds.

It goes to show how so-called online dating and social networking is just a big attention and popularity contest.

Bo592

So I tried a little experiment. I went on Facebook to make a fake female profile and posted about 40 pictures of myself in very photoshopped and realistic female guise (using female masks, wigs, prosthetics, clothes, etc). By the 3rd week, I was getting around 200-500 random friend requests, 50-100 messages and 300-500 status updates per day. There was nothing on my public profile except my faked sex, age, name and a sexy profile picture of myself.

When I was previously using my real male profile (which got banned after 5 years for ridiculous reasons), I would only get 1 random friend request every 1-2 weeks. On my male profile I could post a very insightful post (to my friend list of 560 people) and get 0 likes, 0 comments, but on my fake female profile, all I needed to post was a one-word sentence (to my friend list of 3500 people) and I would get dozens of likes and comments within seconds.

It goes to show how so-called online dating and social networking is just a big attention and popularity contest.
I thank that it has to do with women liking men who more are out going. I do believe pictures matters because pictures says alot. I do see your point men are the ones normal trying to find a date online more than women maybe it because women are a risk online more than men.

Hellhound

Super Moderator

And this is one of the reasons I'm ashamed of being what I am.

I hate humanity.

Unspoken

Supposedly it's a good idea to put down the basics plus a little extra. Enough detail about your interests and personality to pique the interest of the right people, but not so much that you're telling everyone your childhood tragedies or putting them to sleep. Think specifically about what you want to share with other people or important values, maybe.

Last edited:
Dating profiles. For men it doesn't matter what you put you will get barely any responses, initiative messages from women. Social roles, men chase. And women have a lot of messages to weed through. Good grief. Negative effects on both sides, male and female.

Ashiene

Dating profiles. For men it doesn't matter what you put you will get barely any responses, initiative messages from women. Social roles, men chase. And women have a lot of messages to weed through. Good grief. Negative effects on both sides, male and female.

I think after making my female profile I can understand why females don't show men much attention or even reply/check messages on social/dating networking sites.

About 70% of all the messages I get on my fake female profile are very rude, sexually harrassive messages that if anyone would say to a real woman offline, would get them arrested and thrown in prison for a long time.

Unspoken

I think after making my female profile I can understand why females don't show men much attention or even reply/check messages on social/dating networking sites.

About 70% of all the messages I get on my fake female profile are very rude, sexually harrassive messages that if anyone would say to a real woman offline, would get them arrested and thrown in prison for a long time.

Even my (married) mother gets that stuff on Facebook. I avoided it by using a cat as my profile picture; at least I can mess with them by pretending to really be a cat on a slow day.

coyote

Has anybody got any idea for a dating profile? I am not the most creative and am finding it really tough thinking of anything unique to say :sad:

don't post a photo of your penis

apparently, some women don't go for that sort of thing :idontknow:

BigJoe82

i paid for 3 months on match and i was completely honest on my profile about me and how i am what i like and don't like and i got 1 message and she lost interest fast. with my severe social anxiety and that 98% of women online want an outgoing adventurous guy that is 6 feet or taller. i have given up. i have my video games they don't judge me.

i do not suggest you give up, i am a lost cause nothing can help me. i wish you luck!