concentration difficulty

Ithior

What kind of situations are you talking about?
I can't concentrate when I try to study at night because the lights are too dim, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

NamiraWilhelm

Well you know I do :B yes, tips from others would be helpful. There are things I'm studying at the moment and my poor attention span and memory is a real pain....

Tuukka40

I saw a doctor and was diagnosed with ADHD-PI and they prescribed me meds. They actually work wonders. Before them I couldn't concentrate of ANYTHING, even if it was something of interest.

gustavofring

I do. It's much better when I sleep well, but it doesn't happen a lot. I do have moments of hyper-focus but I feel overall I have a severe disability to organize what I'm doing or working on, and get distracted a lot, thus not really finishing anything.

gustavofring

I saw a doctor and was diagnosed with ADHD-PI and they prescribed me meds. They actually work wonders. Before them I couldn't concentrate of ANYTHING, even if it was something of interest.

I often hear that they have weird side effects, like numbing feelings, creative thoughts and things like that. Do you experience that?

Argentum

Frequent spurts of activity. A big relaxation at the end of the day. Clearly divided tasks. Not much else to do.

Tuukka40

I often hear that they have weird side effects, like numbing feelings, creative thoughts and things like that. Do you experience that?

No, I wouldn't say so. I take an extended release pill in the morning...It wakes me up, picks up my mood, and allows me to concentrate for most of the day. I mean, your mind is liable to wonder off track and stay off track if you are not motivated to work on the task at hand.

Queen_Regnant

It was horrible when I was younger, particularly when I was in school since that was when I was required to.. you know.. pay attention. I could never focus on school work or class and always found myself in a dream world. That was my problem - I lived in my head, in a better, more desirable and interesting place.

All my work papers would have doodles all over them, practically covering the page. That's what I ended up becoming known for through my teachers.

I failed math class in almost every grade up until graduating. As I got older, my imagination, we'll call it, calmed down a bit and I was able to kinda listen to what the teacher was saying.. but it would never click. I still just don't understand math in the slightest except for the basics. I can't do fractions unless I am baking. ****.

Math was and is my worst subject, but it was like this for science and what not as well. I don't know if it was from my lack of concentration that my brain just doesn't click with things now, or if something else or a combination?

But anyway, I still have trouble as an adult with it but luckily it doesn't seem to be as bad. Perhaps it's because I concentrate to what I want to and don't seem to deal with the opposite.

Metal_isthe_Answer

I definitely have a concentration problem, and a memory problem. I've been assuming that it was my brain injury, I never really thought that it may some form of ADHD

MotherWolff

Banned
Is anyone here facing concentrating difficulties? If so, how do you manage them?

There are many herbs ou can take to improve concentration.

Also, I recommend that you eliminate all drugs, including medical, and poor diet, such as red meats and processed foods, and replace them with disease-fighting brain foods.:thumbup:

ryan2022

I have had problems in the past. I find medication either makes it worse or better. Take a long look at your diet to start. I find some things make my attention span worse. Look at the common allergens.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

MotherWolff

Banned
I have had problems in the past. I find medication either makes it worse or better. Take a long look at your diet to start. I find some things make my attention span worse. Look at the common allergens.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

No, all medications make your memory worse, among other things.:thumbdown:

AtTheGates

Banned
I'v always had a problem with this....iv come to the realization that im just going to have to suck it up and deal with it...I wish I had been taught enough discipline as a child to deal with it at an earlier time in my life though...but I wasnt so here I am now...but at this point im old enough to figure things out for myself..I just wish that my mom had spent a little bit LESS time with me as a child and my dad had spent a little MORE time with me...just to balance things out.

anyway, I think part of having concentration difficulties can be psychological or due to some type of disorder but im willing to bet that your problem can be improved simply with a bit of mental conditioning and altering your study habits....also, worrying about other stuff when you should be worrying about whats right in front of you can really mess up your ability to concentrate..I do that alot.

and I heard that lumosity website helps with concentration but idk.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Aye, ah hud this problem fur a few years noo... A huge change in ma diet an' bit mair exerise might help? Though, probably a change in dietary habits, mainly. Coz ah didnae half eat some unhealthy scran.

AtTheGates

Banned
Aye, ah hud this problem fur a few years noo... A huge change in ma diet an' bit mair exerise might help? Though, probably a change in dietary habits, mainly. Coz ah didnae half eat some unhealthy scran.

This is true I think...if you dont eat enough and have the proper nutrients then your brain can function to its full potential....iv had this problem when I was in school because I didnt always have time to eat breakfast

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
This is true I think...if you dont eat enough and have the proper nutrients then your brain can function to its full potential....iv had this problem when I was in school because I didnt always have time to eat breakfast

Aye, but, it's not just tha amount ye eat, but what ye eat, too.

Ma mum wus always buyin' fizzy drink an' junk food jist coz she saw that it was on offer. Despite me sayin' no' tae bother since huv ate or drank whit she bought previously when wus on offer - more of the same.

Thaim supermarkets are sly, like - always temptin' ye with offers.

Ah mean, it's fine, if ye disregard tha fact tha supermarket offers are usually shite ye should only eat occassionally. But if ye want tae huv various health issues and fork oot money fur a super-coffin an' a burial plot a quarter o' tha size uh Hampden Park football stadium, be ma guest. Sorry fur tha wee joke there, but ye see whit ah'm gittin' at.