CNN: Men ditch 'nice guy' style, get more dates

Luke1993

Yeah or they don't want a guy who will just be "yes man" and agree to everything they say like a puppy.

Yeah what is wrong with that? Why would a girl want someone who deliberately disobeys her? If what you say is true I'm doomed lol

Chlo

Banned
I wont say in a relationship i could go out with a very ugly guy but at the same time looks are not over important. For me its all about honesty and trust. I hate complicated guys liars, game players and all of that. Once the trust is gone, so is the relationship.

I would defo avoid bad boys.

Ignace

It's not always like that, I've never seen a beautiful girl with an ugly guy.. They always go out with the 'beautiful' liars .. That's my vision of it when I look outside.

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah what is wrong with that? Why would a girl want someone who deliberately disobeys her? If what you say is true I'm doomed lol

No I'm not on about a person who says something to just disagree for the sake of it..I'm on about people who might just say yes and agree with everything another person says to try and please them..not because they actualy agree.

I guess what I'm trying to say is some people might want a partner with their own set of beliefs and views on topics than a simple yes person.

U

userremoved

I guess what I'm trying to say is some people might want a partner with their own set of beliefs and views on topics than a simple yes person.

I would hope that everyone would want that. Since relationships are supposed to be give and take not just one way. I wouldn't want a girl that agreed with me on everything and did what I said. I would feel she was more like a slave than a person I could relate too.

Danfalc

Banned
I would hope that everyone would want that. Since relationships are supposed to be give and take not just one way. I wouldn't want a girl that agreed with me on everything and did what I said. I would feel she was more like a slave than a person I could relate too.

Yeah definitely,Yknow If I had a girlfriend who just agreed with everything I said,it would probably be kinda cute at first knowing she was trying to make me happy.But It would quickly loose it's appeal and I would hope she could realise I liked her even if her views conflicted with mine.

But yeah you hit the nail on the head about give and take.

Chlo

Banned
I think to be with someone you have to have mutual interests otherwise what would you talk about? THE WEATHER :p

thor01

Lets just say this article was definitely true, for most most women (and I don't think it is in all cases at all, I know that some women will think for themselves and not in terms of stereotypes, but lets just say its completely true) , I would think of this as their problem, not a problem with me. IMO if women were only really attracted to people like that I would feel that something is wrong, with the way people think. I would have to continue to be just like I am, because its all I can be, and basically just give up completely haha, let the women have their idiots and people who will not appreciate them, I'd know they were missing out on guys who would be caring. I can definitely see some truths in the theory in the article tbh. Just by observing which kind of guys have the girls more. And I don't have a style to ditch. I don't go through different "styles", in attempt to get girls, I'm just what I am and if girls won't like that, then there's nothing I can do haha.

Last edited:

Felgen

ya know... i didn't even read that article, so this could be totally ignorant, so i'll just say how i am, haha...

anyway.. sometimes "nice guys" can come off as unexperienced creeps (in my experience) ..i like gentlemen (as i am a southern belle and all ;) haha), but down here, a southern gentlemen is polite and 'nice' but he's rough around the edges.. as in the lifestyle.. maybe 'nice' can mean 'safe' in those "not too nice" instances. i like a nice guy who doesn't mind getting dirty, going hunting, driving fast, being a manly man, haha..

so whatever, i don't even know if that made sense.. but i really think "nice" doesn't just mean someone who is polite.. i mean, most girls don't want a sensitive softy, that's our job! :)

Keep in mind that beeing as pushover and beeing a nice guy are two different things. There are plenty of nice guys who aren't pushovers, but still get rejected for lacking confidence or for beeing shy.

Girls also need to have at least a little backbone to have a functioning relationship. If girls are pushovers, they'll be taken advantage off and then dumped. I've dated several submissive girls that agreed to everything I said, always ordered the same thing as I did in restaurants and let me decide everything. It sure as hell din't get me excited, so I can see why girls won't date spineless men.

Lea

Banned
Keep in mind that beeing as pushover and beeing a nice guy are two different things. There are plenty of nice guys who aren't pushovers, but still get rejected for lacking confidence or for beeing shy.

Girls also need to have at least a little backbone to have a functioning relationship. If girls are pushovers, they'll be taken advantage off and then dumped. I've dated several submissive girls that agreed to everything I said, always ordered the same thing as I did in restaurants and let me decide everything. It sure as hell din't get me excited, so I can see why girls won't date spineless men.

Yes, of course it goes both for men and women, I don't know why these threads are always just about men.

Richey

i mean lets be really honest here,
you have to be yourself..there are always going to be generalisations and speculation over what people will be attracted by ..but does this mean we have to create a person's perception of a perfect human being or potential date ...
i thought that variety and being different is what makes people unique, flaws and all..

i see nothing wrong with being a nice guy or girls being nice because i'm sure nice people also have a meaner side buried in there somewhere anyway ...if they are a push over then that just means they need a little help to be more confident in their opinions ....

alot of this is just superficial nonsense ..

the way i see it is i don't care if i meet a girl who is quiet or loud or both, if we get along and like each other it doesn't have to become so complicated like people make it out to be..

Last edited:

combat

i see nothing wrong with being a nice guy or girls being nice because i'm sure nice people also have a meaner side buried in there somewhere anyway ...if they are a push over then that just means they need a little help to be more confident in their opinions ....

I'm 25 and have never even kissed a girl. Obviously, there is something "wrong" with who I am because that clearly isn't normal. Everybody always says "just be yourself," "don't change for anyone," blah blah blah, as if it were some kind of recipe for success. It isn't.

da_illest101

I'm 25 and have never even kissed a girl. Obviously, there is something "wrong" with who I am because that clearly isn't normal. Everybody always says "just be yourself," "don't change for anyone," blah blah blah, as if it were some kind of recipe for success. It isn't.

Finally someone who get it, Most of my friends that are in couple tell me the same thing but get what YOUR ADVICE ISN'T ******* WORKING :mad:

Nack

Banned
Finally someone who get it, Most of my friends that are in couple tell me the same thing but get what YOUR ADVICE ISN'T ******* WORKING :mad:

But I think most of the time they mean don't think about getting a girlfriend when you talk to girls or w/e. Because if your mindset isn't set on that; then you'll be more of yourself. I mean most guys that have gf don't even think of that, they usually just wanna get into the women pants then be off.

I get that man, I have gotten the same advice and it isn't the most helpful thing, but as has been said before, there is no cookie cutter way to get a girlfriend.You just have to keep till you succeed. It's either that or you give up. It's that simple. Your best hope is to put up as honest a front as possible, be confident and kind, but have an edge and don't be a push over. Put the right words together with that, and the right girl and presto your good. That's at least what I believe, and what I am doing right now.

Newtype

I personally think you must be yourself at all times. If you're not good with someone from the opposite sex, it's probably not because you were being yourself. Sure, you can pretend just to make someone like you, but then what? You're stuck having to pretend every time you're with that person. You wouldn't wanna fall in love with someone who's fake, right? The same thing goes for whoever's falling for you.