challenge yourself

latte

i thought of a nice idea.
it's about achieving goals. i personally am a big dreamer of setting those and doing nothing. up to this point i have not done so many things i planned, and i can't tell the reason that blocks me taking an action.

it seems sometimes, when i'm not alone through this, there is another reason for doing things, pushing me, helping.

so i thought it will be a nice idea to make a goal challenge thread. anyone who's interested will set reasonably achievable goal for themselves, and will try to achieve it during a week.
it will be interesting to see if we are successful, and if not, what makes us fail and see what can we do to make it work.

it might be depressive looking at larger picture thinking that nothing works, but if we see that it's possible to keep up with little goals it might build up the confidence in many different aspects.

Danfalc

Banned
Good thread.

Over the next week I would like to try and achieve

1. Get my ass up town and get my hair cut
2. Go round my friends, spend a little time with him and his kids.

And a bigger goal depending on how my body is feeling, get back to the gym even if it's only to use the steam room and jacuzzi :cool:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Hate to say this kind of thread has come and went before... but... I think latte's one who can crack a whip and keep it going.

My first thing is 2: 1.) really do my fitness/diet routine - so, gym 3 times a week, cardio 3 (starting slow), and tennis at least once this week. Diet - well, healthier lol. Start slow, less of bad stuff.

2.) Actually do and post an attempted video I've been wanting to do.

IGotSeoul

great idea.

1. get into the routine of jogging in the early morning before people wake up.

2. steadily work those hours into daylight.

3. go to the doctor to get the lump in my throat checked out.

IGotSeoul

It's called an adams apple.

Sorry, I'm a prick. I hope its nothing too serious

don't worry about it.

well it's under that and is significantly larger in area. seems to have grown within the last year.

i'm not that concerned about it though, it could be a number of things. but if it happens to be the worst case scenario, i'll be ready to face it.

1.go jogging outside, without the care of what people think
2.learn the heelflip (skateboarding) i'm in a competition with a friend, who's first to do it ::p:
3.Sign up for the health care centre, to do sports, and be there the next up-coming weeks, to go fitness,swimming,relax(spa),do yoga and be in group activity there and get a personal coach.
4.Call a friend (I don't know if I'm able to do this, since I'm terrified to call him, he saw me battle'ing a panic attack twice a very long time ago)
5.Write a letter to my penpal in the .U.S.A. it's been a long time

Do facial at least 3 times this week
Wake up early in the morning and search for new career
Eat at least 3 apples this week

5.Write a letter to my penpal in the .U.S.A. it's been a long time

Ooh, thanks for reminding me. I also need t write a letter to a very good friend in New York, who sent me a lovely letter last week. I'm not sure how to reply, I'm not good with writing, but I'll see how it goes

Nanita

Nice thread..
My challenge is to go to a scheduled meeting on friday with a social worker/counselor at a jobcentre.

commenter39

i thought of a nice idea.
it's about achieving goals. i personally am a big dreamer of setting those and doing nothing. up to this point i have not done so many things i planned, and i can't tell the reason that blocks me taking an action.

it seems sometimes, when i'm not alone through this, there is another reason for doing things, pushing me, helping.

so i thought it will be a nice idea to make a goal challenge thread. anyone who's interested will set reasonably achievable goal for themselves, and will try to achieve it during a week.
it will be interesting to see if we are successful, and if not, what makes us fail and see what can we do to make it work.

it might be depressive looking at larger picture thinking that nothing works, but if we see that it's possible to keep up with little goals it might build up the confidence in many different aspects.
Nice idea, in fact I ve thought of that kind of thing myself and tried it too. It was about approaching girls and i got one nurse's phone number just to get it, not to call her, the next step was gonna be calling with another girl. Does that count?

simpsons2007

It sounds like a good idea but I'll have to pass for now. I'm not in the right frame of mind to even think about setting myself any challenges at the moment as I know I would just fail and fail badly and that would put me back even further.

NihilSlayer

I really want to volunteer and help out at an animal shelter. I have one free day every week, and I've been thinking about it for a really long time; but the human interaction part consistently keeps me from taking the first step... Once I"m with the dogs I'd be fine, I know. I just need to work up the courage and make the call; after that I'm sure to follow through cause I hate disappointing people, and the fuzzy critters even more.