challenge yourself

Hoppy

I'm trying to challenge myself by eating better, but I can already feel it slipping away....

What an extraordinary defeatist attitude.

Change it to something you can do: Eat one fruit a day or something.

Meggy0001

I would like to stand up for myself for once and say what I feel to those people that push me down and always let me down :) that'll be nice

MikeyC

What an extraordinary defeatist attitude.

Change it to something you can do: Eat one fruit a day or something.
But I can eat healthy. I've done it before. Maintaining it is another thing altogether because I need to be mentally in the game. I am defeatist by nature, I'm sure.

Tulicks

My goal is to wake up earlier, like 5am. I tend to sleep in a lot, which doesn't make me feel all that good the following day. So starting tonight I am going to make it my personal goal to get up earlier... maybe not exactly as early as 5am, but early enough to hear the birds chirping outside my window. :)

MikeyC

Wow that' early...! How do you do it???
I have no choice, and I just have to fight myself out of bed. Winter is approaching in Australia so it's going to get more and more difficult when it's cold out. If I want to keep earning money, I have to get up that early, no matter what. Plus trying to go to bed earlier than 8:30pm helps.

Aletheia

Maintaining it is another thing altogether because I need to be mentally in the game.

The thing that works for me is to make changes to my diet that I'm going to be okay with for the rest of my life. Things that might take some getting used to, but after that won't be a struggle.

Cutting out butter and caffeine were recent changes, and my latest one is allowing myself to pander to my sweet tooth as often as I like, providing it's with fruit.

(ymmv)

Last edited:

MikeyC

The thing that works for me is to make changes to my diet that I'm going to be okay with for the rest of my life. Things that might take some getting used to, but after that won't be a struggle.

Cutting out butter and caffeine were recent changes, and my latest one is allowing myself to pander to my sweet tooth as often as I like, providing it's with fruit.

(ymmv)
Yeah, I cut out margarine on sandwiches and sugar on my breakfast cereals without drama. However, some changes have to be forced against my will. It's not normal to eat 2 blocks of chocolate per day, among the other crap I would be eating.