Bullying Can be a Good Thing!

Honda

Its natural to experience bullies in life, you cannot deny it, they are everywhere no matter what... I am strong in almost everything but facing bullies.. Im confident in soo many things yet facing bullies till now its my largest fear... I believe that running away from the problem will make it worse.. The earlier you face it the better...
I wana go to gym or do some self defense techniques to get more confident physically and mentally but im too lazy nowadays... I did a bit of boxing at home and do push ups on occasions just to make myself feel good.. but i never know today how will i ever deal with such situations cuz i never dared to face it...
Think about this... What if one day you will end up facing bullies threatening you and a loved one next to you.. If you're gonna be scared and afraid they will spot it in you and will finish you off but if you're smart you'll keep your cool and work your way out of it and the only way is through experiencing the pain.. Which i never dared to do and regret so...
Bullies arent the issue for me but hiding, not standing up for them and not facing them was my regret and it gave me sleepless nights.. and I personally would rather be a bully than a bitch, this is life... Hope that clears it out..

ThePunisher

I agree bullying can be a good thing in a way. Ofcourse I know it's bad and if I had a choice I wouldn't have wanted it to happen but it did and I can't change that. I would have considered myself a bully when I was young like around 8. I was just a kid ofcourse and didn't realise the consequences of it. I use to bully my cousin and one of my friends. It wasn't until I got bullied myself that I realise that it wasn't good being the victim and I finally knew what it was like to be in there shoes. It also taught me to learn to stick up for myself and thus made me a stronger person than I was before, so next time it happens I know how to deal with it.

I know bullying is perceived to be a bad thing, and it is.

However, as an 18 year-old I've learnt that bullying is something to learn from. I was bullied through high school between the ages of 11-15, but I'm now very happy I was bullied. I've learnt an awful lot about dealing with bullies by MYSELF. I never ever told anyone that I was being bullied. The bullying included name calling and physical violence. If anything, all the bullying I got through school has helped me succeed as a person now. I'm no longer scared of people in any shape or form, my mental strength has increased a lot in the last 4 years. I thank the bullies a lot for that. I've learnt how to draw inspiration from negative comments. I get on with my own thing, I'm proud of who I am, and no one will stop me now.

But yeah, the public advice would be to tell someone about it first, but I disagree. Deal with bullying by going to the gym, releasing those endorphins, telling yourself you're bigger and better than any of those bullies, and look at the negative sides of those bullies, that will make you feel better.

You have made the wisest choice of all, to depend on yourself and you have grown rapidly as a result. I say bullying is a bad thing, however it is a thing that anyone and everyone can overcome, learn and grow from. I am not afraid of bullies and jerks, most of the time they are just bluffing anyway. And if they were to violate my boundaries, mentally I am prepared to fight with all my heart because I know I am right to have the freedom to be in peace. When you know you are right and believe in your heart you have a right to be anywhere and given general respect, then no one can f--- with you!

Honda

Bullies are normal people and they prey on someone that doesn't retaliate or puts a limit to them, just people with a bad habit... Everybody gets scared but the tougher one wins... And courage is something you are born with; just have to exercise it and face your fears.. Cuz life, its a mystery you will never understand and you wouldn't want to waste time to find answers and worry about how this works and that works but live it instead..
I fear bullies but i know the only way to go is to face them.. And life is a challenging adventure that will never end till you die so either you live it up or give up and die from cowardice...
Most of my life i was running away and hiding from my problems, basically seeking comfort.. I wish i realized this much earlier i would've faced them and made the best of life.. I'll follow my heart and my instinct, thinking too much is also a bad thing... Actually the Mind and the Heart complete each other... Money, power, etc wont last forever but i rather have a clear mind and earn the respect of people in a good way than sit on a fortune... The concept of fear, live with it i will always be with you till you die..

Last edited:

hoddesdon

I agree that what you are saying is ridiculous.

Lemans is completely correct in mentioning the Stockholm Syndrome. "If you can't beat them, join them". That is weak-minded, so the question arises whether you are just aping the bullies so that they accept you. By espousing their attitudes they may think you are one of them. I have actually met someone like that, but under pressure the real person always came out.

Furthermore, many if not all people are damaged by this, so you are saying you are prepared to sacrifice others so you can get the benefits you claim.

Honda

^ NO, im not saying be like them.. Im saying being secure from the inside will help you face these situations better... Still, naturally when somebody crosses the line with you.. Then you need to put limits for that person or clear up the situation cleanly and smartly...

Rather than that person finding out about the fact that you cant control your fear and they keep running you over everything they get the chance... Im not saying you should kick people's asses everytime, thats stupid. No, you got it wrong... Lets face it bullies are everywhere and they dont prey on someone unless they find out their weaknesses.. Im with being the wise person that doesnt involve themselves with any kind of trouble and exit these situations cleanly and smartly instead of humiliating themselves beating others up or getting themselves beaten up...

If one has a great fear of bullies and you will never relax unless you stand up for them and it doesnt necessarily mean whooping their a$ses.. Reality of life, it got beauties and brutalities..

Krista

However, as an 18 year-old I've learnt that bullying is something to learn from. I was bullied through high school between the ages of 11-15, but I'm now very happy I was bullied. I've learnt an awful lot about dealing with bullies by MYSELF. I never ever told anyone that I was being bullied. The bullying included name calling and physical violence. If anything, all the bullying I got through school has helped me succeed as a person now. I'm no longer scared of people in any shape or form, my mental strength has increased a lot in the last 4 years. I thank the bullies a lot for that. I've learnt how to draw inspiration from negative comments. I get on with my own thing, I'm proud of who I am, and no one will stop me now.

But yeah, the public advice would be to tell someone about it first, but I disagree. Deal with bullying by going to the gym, releasing those endorphins, telling yourself you're bigger and better than any of those bullies, and look at the negative sides of those bullies, that will make you feel better.

I do understand what you're saying. I'm happy that you can draw inspiration from what happened to you but unfortunately, depending on the person, not everyone can mentally handle the stress of it. You see bullying as a way to prove them wrong, while others can't handle that sort of abuse. It's all in the mind set. At least you found something that works for you.

Honda

It is becoming a big problem nowadays and kids are the responsibility of their parents.. Im sorry to say that, i dont intend to sound harsh, and my condolences. Id teach my children to defend themselves from bullies so that they dont have to go through the pain of being bullied, id teach them to stand up never let anyone demean them but not to the extent of them becoming bullies...
Bullies are there throughout history but nowadays the phenomena grew bigger... Schools ignore it and parents with bullied kids underestimate it...
The world got more 'gangsta' nowadays so you need to be street smart to survive it and times do change. People lose their innocence at an early age.. 1 day the right is wrong the next day its the opposite.. Every era has its good things and bad things...
I glad to hear someone learned well from being bullied.. Unlike me i ran away and had to suffer years of pain... Now i could dump the past and live in the present but 1 thing remains to make the difference, which is never letting this happen again and be smart and strong enough to stop it or avoid it..

Thats my point, let me know where i went wrong...

Last edited:

Luke1993

Teachers don't give a **** when kids get bullied. They don't want to get invloved, but if my kid was being bullied I'd make sure that the school would get involved one way or another. I'd go so far as suing the school for negligence if I had to. Also, I would teach my kid to defend herself if someone were to tease her or attack her.

I remember that teachers would always deny or downplay the seriousness of bullying. The school councelor in high school told me it was all in my head. She basically made me out to be the problem and not the others. So the only thing I could really do is get myself kicked out.

A few do care I think, but can't get involved sometimes because of their superiors at the school, they could end up losing their job.

A lot of schools are being run like businesses now, only caring about how many students get in. It's very sad.

ffeev223234

People who harrass others do it for two basic reasons:

1.Those who are bullied behave differently from the rest of the group

2.They themselves are dealing with issues so they unleash their frustration on others who are different or weaker than that person.

ffeev223234

From what i read from your post acm, it sounds like you are venting your anger. Holding in your anger is never a good sign.

Untamed88

I dont think its ever a good thing. I was bullied all through school from ages 11-17 and that was six years ago and I am still a shy and socially awkward freak. I try and pretend they didnt get to me like they wanted to but I can still end up crying even now when I think of what I had to put up with.

Silvox Black

I understand your viewpoint. While bullying does cause irreparable pain and sorrow to the victim, as life progresses the victim will gain far more of an understanding of life as well as more intelligence and empathy. However I will not justify bullying for the pain and loss of life that is causes are far too high a cost for my tastes.

abby_g

bullying is never a good thing. i was bullied as a kid and that's the reason why im so afraid up to now. so dont you ever say that again.

no1

Banned
I cannot agree with you.

I'm sure you made a good thing of it, but that doesn't mean that everyone can.

you can't expect everyone that gets thrown into a shark's pit to come out of it and say "i'm thankful for that shark pit because it taught me how to fight sharks, let alone that I was even lucky enough to actually learn how without becoming so literally torn by the situation that I could end up stronger"

no1

Banned
but I'm also not saying that it can't be a good thing.

I'm just saying, that it's not always a good thing.

it's like saying the most perfect environment conducive to learning is that which is not conducive to learning, because you learn what is not conducive to learning such that you inherently all of a sudden know what IS conducive to learning. Doesn't happen that way, you do not just suddenly know what is good by just knowing what is bad. You have to learn what is good on your own, and that first comes with a drive.. something that not everyone achieves.

It's not a universally good thing. It's what you can make of it that makes it good.

And if you're a sado-masochist then, even if unconsciously then... so be it?

Atari82

Its not good for you but it does make you realize some things about life in your early ages so you don't have to struggle with them once you get older if you act upon them.

And just because you were bullied (even very severely), does not mean your life will turn out horrible. There are many celebrities and athleres who have gotten bullies just like Micheal Phelps

Stronger

To an extent, I agree with this. I have been bullied in terrible ways and for many years, it's made me stronger in a way. But to an extent, I must disagree - bullying isn't good. If I told you what I have gone through in life, maybe you'd even be inclined to rethink that statement of yours.

WorldEndsWithMe

Getting bullied is what gave me such a low-self image. People always would make fun of how I looked in school.
I can't see it as a good thing in anyway. There are so many better ways to learn the "that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" mentality. I think you can become a stronger person without having to deal with humilition and mean kids.
Even if you can move past it, you'll never forget how during your awkward years, people were cruel to you for no good reason. I have a hard time meeting new people, talking to boys or even accepting compliments because of bullying.