• Usually Won't Sleep In Bra, But Will

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Will And Won't Sleep In Them About Evenly

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Never Wear Any Kind Of Bra At Any Time

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Draconess25

Personally, I can't stand anything but sports bras. I don't care if they aren't sexy, flatten my boobs, stop them from growing, make my them look funny, or don't look good with some clothes. Regular bras are too revealing for my taste, which I think defeats the whole point of wearing them at all. Likewise, my boyfriend couldn't care less what kind of bra I wear, since I'll just take it off anyways. Nor do we care if they grow anymore. Besides, I personally think regular bras look weirder with how they separate the boobs in the middle. And all I usually wear is t-shirts and button-ups, and even if I do wear something "fancier", I couldn't care less if people see my sports bra as long as the color matches/compliments the shirt.

On the other hand, I can't just wear nothing to bed. I have to sleep in a sports bra. I can't stand my boobs just all lose while I'm sleeping. Too exposed, and I need to have some support for when I'm sleeping on my side. If I'm not wearing a bra, I feel like I might as well sleep naked. And I don't do that. I don't know how some people do. If you feel the need to where a bra during the day, why does night change that? I don't get it.

I've heard all kinds of things about what's more supporting. My mom says sports bras make your tits sag and don't give support, but most websites say sports bras offer more support because they're for sports, but other people have said padded underwire bras make your boobs sag less, a couple other websites say all bras make them sag because the support keeps the ligaments from being used so they get weak, but ligaments attach bone to bone and boobs are not bones. I just don't see what the point of the whole fight against sagging is. You're boobs are gonna sag eventually no matter what. And really, when you're already wrinkled, gray-haired, post-menopusal, and possibly toothless, what does a few extra years of less-saggy boobs mean? I just don't get why so many people worry about something that will happen no matter what and really won't matter by then.

So, anyone else's opinions on bras? Prefered kind, when do you where them, if at all?

Flanscho

As far as I know, regarding the sagginess boobs get while you age, it's irrelevant what kind of bra you wear or whether you wear one at all, since the boobs are mostly consisting of fat and not muscles. It's genetics anyway.

I'm a guy. I like wearing as few layers of clothes as possible. Normally that's always t-shirt in summer / pullover in winter, underpants and pants. Well, and depending on where I am socks and shoes, but I try to get rid of them first. I once had a gf though that was aroused by me wearing feminine underwear. Since her being happy made me happy, and this was no effort at all, I did that every now and then for her. Which were in that case then mostly sports bras, since everything else would be too uncomfortable.

But now I'm single, so I'm back to the "wear as few layers as possible" mode.

Silatuyok

Wow. I never knew there was so much thought put into it. One of the many blessings of not being well-endowed, I suppose.
As for me, I go with the "less layers is better" approach. If I can get away without wearing a layer, I will. Sometimes a sundress is all you(I) need.
That being said, I have noticed that wearing a bra in the wintertime keeps me significantly warmer.

I'm wondering how long it will take for this thread to be banished to the Adult's Only page. :p

Entangled

"Likewise, my boyfriend couldn't care less what kind of bra I wear, since I'll just take it off anyways."

That's what my bf says too. He says that he does not care about what I wear because he thinks all of my clothing looks better on the floor. :bigsmile:

Well I've heard that women who are 'more gifted' prefer sports bras because they keep everything in place really well and give the best support.
Myself being 'less gifted' I don't like sports bras because they just make me have a completely flat chest due to their compression, so I always wear regular bras.

Froggy246

Probably just me being dumb but I don't get what these two options mean?!
Usually Will Sleep In Bra, But Won't
Usually Won't Sleep In Bra, But Will

Anywho, I guess a subtitle may have worked - 'a question for humans with boobs'

Onto the topic at hand, bras....they are very uncomfortable at the end of the day, which is why at the end of the day it's usually the first thing that gets ditched before I throw on the lounging wear.
If I could get away with not wearing one ever I would, but it does depend on the clothing and what you're up to, I use to wear the ahh/genie bras to work instead of normal ones but it's a bit tricky when it's cold....
So yea only wear when out and about, *only if it's necessary, and the comfier the better.

* By necessary I mean by the way it looks, not by the way it feels (in answer to the OP - why the need to wear during the day but not in the night)

Last edited:

Missing

It's hard for me to sleep without a bra. I'm not HUGE but I'm not at all small either. They get in the way and it's annoying to turn over and they're just all over the place. xD I do it sometimes though.

I 100% have to wear an underwire bra. Not padded, just underwire. I haven't worn a sports bra in a very long time, but I feel like when I wear regular clothy bras that they're just flapping everywhere. xD They also feel more heavy which hurts my back a little.

As for sagging, I don't think bras can stop that. I mean, most people think boobs look like super star boobs on every single woman and that's just false. xD My mother and sister are HUGE and theirs sag a lot just due to the pure size of them. xD

I gained a lot of weight due to depression and now that I've lost it all (and then some) I noticed my boobs are more ... perked? Haha xD

I have heard/remember sports bras making the boobs look a bit smaller too. I have an hourglass figure so I like keeping my boobs their exact size or else it changes my figure a little.

Haha. I didn't expect to be talking about bras and boobs today.

Anxy

I hate bras with passion. I can't stand them being all sweaty and uncomfortable. They're another reason why I don't want to go out when it's warm (when it's cold I usually wear many layers, so people can't see my nipples).

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Nevermind, I don't think I can edit it.

Remus or another mod can edit the poll if you ask them, I believe.

PS

no-calm-your-tits-calmyourtits-no-nani-duh.jpg

Panties, circumcision, and now... bras. What next, sex toys? ;) Methinks this will go in the "Adults Only" forum as well, once the mods get around to it. I like this thread though :D

I prefer to sleep without a bra on at night, but some pajama tops, umm... chafe a little, if you know what I mean. With those shirts I usually just use one of those thin trainer type bras as a "night bra" because it's loose and comfortable.

I would love to be able to go without a bra during the day sometimes, but I feel too weird without one because it seems culturally unacceptable to do so, unless you're a super model or celebrity on the red carpet. I also think bras are sort of false advertising if they have too much pushup capability or padding. Even normal bras are sort of deceptive; boobs usually look pretty different without the support and shaping of a bra. I guess we just accept that look, though, even though I think having your breasts lifted and rounded by fabric akin to wearing heels - your legs and butt don't look that good without them, your strut's different, and you're not really that tall (obviously). Same with makeup I suppose. Women alter their appearance so much. Sometimes, purely for this reason, I wish I were a man, haha.

Feathers

I avoid bras when I can - only wear them when needed, eg to church or to public places....
Another perk of not being so well 'gifted' is I read they don't sag so with older age then....
I prefer layers or clothing that doesn't require bras.
Used to wear underwired bras a lot, but took the wires from some of them as I read maybe they can cause cancer, the wires. And I wear them much less now...
At night - nothing and freedom :) Our bodies are different, if yours likes sports bras, more power to you!
I actually would like to get a good sports bra, where do you buy yours and what kind?

I actually would like to get a good sports bra, where do you buy yours and what kind?

I know you were asking the OP, but I will humbly offer a response since I was on the hunt for a good sports bra this past summer when I had a regular running routine.

I currently only have one good sports bra and it's REALLY good. I got it from a local run/walk shop. It looks amazing (although I don't feel comfortable running in JUST sports bra and pants, minus the shirt; too much skin out for me) and it's the perfect amount of snug. I think the local sports/running places have the best athletic wear.

That said, if you can't find one of those, I've heard lululemon has some fantastic and super cute sports bras. And there's always places like Nike and sports clothing outfitters in the mall. I wouldn't go with anything super cheap or cheap-looking, though. It's worth spending a little more for something that really supports because working out can do a number on your breasts from all the bouncing :giggle:

Lost Girl

I've read about this 5 year study where it was found that wearing bras actually make breasts sag more than if a woman were to go braless and natural. I'm thinkinggg about thinking of going that route. Bounciness and the presence of nipples showing through tops is what's stopped me from taking the plunge so far.

And sleep in a bra? Jesus NO. I remove it AS SOON as I walk through that front door. Graciously and triumphantly. Like a glorified ritual that signifies the freedom which is now mine, now that I am In my home - My kingdom. Where free breasts reign. It is great. Best feeling in the world is taking that thing off. And pants.

Best feeling in the world is taking that thing off.

I have to agree, it is a nice feeling when you get to take it off at the end of the day. Like taking off heels or dress clothes - restrictive and somewhat uncomfortable (although I only find a bra to be consciously uncomfortable if I've been wearing it too long - good ones should be comfortable when you're wearing them normally).

Edit: actually, now that I think of it, I think taking your bra off is more like taking your socks off. They're not terribly uncomfortable while you're wearing them, but when you take them off and your skin can breathe you realize just how stuffy it was wearing them.