Being skinny in a "bigger" world

Kiwong

Toned is the way to be. Fit and toned.

It's better to be healthy at whatever weight you are. Health can be lost quickly, and obesity is a culprit.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Does this thread bug anyone else or is it just me?

I'm not bugged (yet), but makes me wonder what the problem is with being "thick". What's the big deal? Are we infrahuman for having some extra weight? Not worth dating? I'm not upset, just wondering.

planetweirdo

Increasing the amount I eat every day won't make much of a difference. My metabolism is insanely high and that's just my natural trait that I can't fix.

I eat a healthy amount of food, so there's no reason to change that.

I do lift weights, and when someone is skinny it takes a lot of lifting to get really buff. I'm not looking to spend hours in the weight room.

This is the same problem that I have. I'm skinny and can't seem to gain weight no matter how much I eat. And it seems that I have to work out about three times more then most other guys just to get one tiny little muscle to pop up.
what's worst is that am too short. You're lucky that you are tall, because being short and skinny really stinks. I look like a little wimp with a man's head on a little boy's body. :sad:

Bronson99

This is the same problem that I have. I'm skinny and can't seem to gain weight no matter how much I eat. And it seems that I have to work out about three times more then most other guys just to get one tiny little muscle to pop up.
what's worst is that am too short. You're lucky that you are tall, because being short and skinny really stinks. I look like a little wimp with a man's head on a little boy's body. :sad:

How tall are you? I'm 5'9" and no one has ever told me I'm "too short" at this height, or anything like that.

MikeyC

In absolute honesty it is all about personality for me. Personality is what makes someone attractive. The older I get the more sure of that and as the old saying goes ' beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and its true.

If you gave me a line up of guys to choose from completely based on appearance, there are certain features I tend to go for in lieu of other information...and thats because I associate certain features with personality traits. For instance Ive had good experiences with guys with brown eyes so I think that's why I tend to find brown eyes attractive. Whereas I dont have good trackrecord with guys with blue eyes so I tend not to be as drawn to blue eyes. Again, when it comes to build, same thing. I wouldn't find the underwear model half as attractive as the average build guy.

If you gave me the same line up of guys and let me choose anyway I wanted -I would choose based on personality. Someone with a good personality just gets more and more attractive. I have known some (insert bunnyears) "hot" guys and had absolutely no attraction to them. None. It means nothing without the personality.
Luckily for you I have a razor-sharp personality. ::p:

I do have blue eyes, though. Damn!

OceanMist

I'm not bugged (yet), but makes me wonder what the problem is with being "thick". What's the big deal? Are we infrahuman for having some extra weight? Not worth dating? I'm not upset, just wondering.

My complaint was more what you said except an inversed version of that.

I'm concerned that many women don't want to date me because they think I'm too skinny for them.

I actually like thick girls who are just a little thick and have nice curves, nice legs and a nice chest doesn't hurt. I also like skinny girls that are cute so my range of weight preference in a girl is actually quite a variety of weight. The problem is, a lot of those women don't want to be with me because many don't want to be seen as the thick girl with the skinny guy.

I do understand that what I've said is a little complicated, and yes it is situational (as in beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc.)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I'm concerned that many women don't want to date me because they think I'm too skinny for them.

Skinny problems? Here's the solution!

282pb80.jpg

OceanMist

I'm glad someone gets what I'm saying. Whenever I make threads most people take them the wrong way it seems. I'm a controversial poster.

Some people's bodies just don't gain weight or muscle weight very easily. We are naturally scrawny dudes.

For instance, I'm actually stronger than I look as far as lifting objects (people are surprised when they see me lift something heavier than I thought I could lift).

I sympathize with the height thing. Your position is probably even harder than mine because I've noticed many women are very picky about guys' height.

Although a guy like you can do very well with shorter girls, possibly better than a guy of my height. RSDTyler explains this really well in one of his youtube videos. I bet you could clean up with girls around 5'1'' or 5'2''.

Bronson99

Although a guy like you can do very well with shorter girls, possibly better than a guy of my height. RSDTyler explains this really well in one of his youtube videos. I bet you could clean up with girls around 5'1'' or 5'2''.

I haven't been able to clean up with a woman of ANY height, lol. Theoretically, at 5'9", my height shouldn't be a major problem.

I bet it's the fact that I've basically never approached anyone or tried to improve my confidence, though, that has a lot to do with this.

As far as the size thing goes, it's the same with me, my metabolism is too fast. I once tried removing most added sugars from my diet, along with decreasing carb intake, and within just a couple weeks most of my pantaloons were too large for me. (I did have more energy, though--which is part of the reason I tried it.)

As far as the opposite approach, just eating more, I actually do not like to eat too much.. I feel uncomfortable. Also, it's not that simple.

WeirdyMcGee

My one and only was a thin guy.
He could eat for days and never gain and it made him feel self conscious but I always told him that he looked good even if his being thinner around the waist than me made *me* feel self conscious. haha
He wasn't massively taller than me, either.
There's nothing wrong with going with a guy shorter than you. My mom has mainly dated shorter guys and she's only 5'5.

You could move to a country where the %of thinner people is higher than the other?
Like... France?
Is that correct? I have a feeling that the French are known for being thin.

... by the way- I have French ancestry and am NOT thin. I'm 'athletic' without actually being an athletic person.

sphynx

Some girls actually prefer small and thin guys. Perhaps it evokes "motherly" feelings in them (if you're okay with it).

planetweirdo

Some girls actually prefer small and thin guys. Perhaps it evokes "motherly" feelings in them (if you're okay with it).

I do believe that there are some women out there that like small, thin guys, but I fear that they are such a small minority that I may never come across one of them.
I could be wrong, most of my ideas about what women like comes of the media and the media portrays women as only being attracted to tall, muscular, outgoing, macho men.
I have not met a lot of real life women because I'm afraid to.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with a woman not being attracted to small, thin men though.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Kiwong-that is great news. We have a rodent problem as of late with all of the rain the populations have been exploding. My house needs a cat so bad, but one of the dogs is not cat friendly. A clean home is great-happy for you! Mice are awful :(