Asking girl out

thegunners21

A relationship won't guarantee happiness, but very few feelings are worse than being 20 years old and still never having had a real relationships. I was in that exact place at the age of 20 and thanks to MTV and high school movies, you're basically treated like a leprotic by any girl in your age group who knows this.

I've been in a few relationships (but only one serious) and had a few one-night stands and knowing that I won't be shunned because of inexperience anymore (which happened a lot in my late teens) is a confidence boost.

That's what i am afraid of. I am 20 years old and have never been in a relationship and if some girl finds that out would refuse me outright, even though she might be interested in me.
Hate the culture that has been spawned by high school shows and MTV.

Sora

That's what i am afraid of. I am 20 years old and have never been in a relationship and if some girl finds that out would refuse me outright, even though she might be interested in me.
Hate the culture that has been spawned by high school shows and MTV.

But she might not, not all women are heartless bitches you know lol, some of them are nice! Two of the women I got with didn't care I was a virgin / no experience, in fact one of them liked it. One woman said to my friend behind my back that she wouldn't dare have sex with me I am a virgin, but to my face she was nice and showed signs of wanting to. There are all kinds of people out there, just take a chance and see! By the way none of them thought I was a virgin or predicted it, it was only when I told them I hadn't done it before that they found out.

drganon

I just turned 23 and I have yet to ask a girl out or go out on a date. I really think I'm going to end up dying alone.

Sora

Haha I suppose it can work with some since the online thing is becoming more accepted. Heck you never know, in the distant future it might even be considered weird to ask someone out in person. I tried to ask a girl out by text last year but it was an instant fail. Maybe I shouldve wrote her a letter like we did in the 80s then stand on her lawn holding a boom box.

Haha yeh! A shy person can only dream that this becomes the normal! Though the internet is changing how people interact a lot these days, I suppose it isn't as far fetched as it once seemed!

I used to think it would be sad if I had to find someone online but now it really is starting to feel like it might be the only option, it's hard to find shy people in the real world!

Sora

And what to do when you don't have or fail to see any chances, and are too afraid for creating one, although you know your fears are irrational? =/

For the first part, there is always someone who likes you, even if it feels like there isn't, I'd suggest asking a friend to keep an eye out for you, failing that try to notice it yourself, there are tons of books and videos based on stuff like this which I am sure would help, personally I don't know of any but I have listened to confidence and self help things before and that was enough for me to pick up things when I am around women, it made me see things in a whole different way. As for being too afraid it's either do nothing and get nothing or face it and get some kind of answer at least. For the last part I am not sure, can't suggest anything there as I am not very clued up on irrational fears. Sorry!

WeirdyMcGee

My ex asked me out by telling me a joke about gas.
...because the school was evacuated and we were standing out in the cold- gave me his sweater because my teeth were chattering and then told me a joke about gas (seeing as the evacuation was because of a nonexistent gas leak) and then concluded by saying; "so, you wanna go out sometime?"

Romantic, right?

...So I guess doing a favor, followed by breaking the ice with a joke works?
Even if it's a terrible joke.

Kiwong

I probably could've dated more and not been said no to. To be honest even the girls I did ask out, who were very nice about it, was not a particularly enjoyable experience, quite stressfull to be honest. I don't miss that complication in my life. I can think of a hundred more enjoyable things to do than stressing over asking anyone for a date.

slowmotiondaydream

all those sleepness nights searching the net about how to ask a girl out, i should have read this thread ages ago. It's really helped me out. thanks guys :)

dannyboy65

Just push yourself out of your comfort zone and ask her out to dinner or something fun and at the same time a good place to talk. Don't go direct out to being your girlfriend. Have a couple dates and get to know each other better and get comfortable together. Down the road when you tell her you like her she may say the same thing :) good luck!

Littlewilly

Would anyone on here ask out a Russian lady whom you work in the same place
but hardly even know except in passing.

Last edited:

Luckylife

I loath and detest the very idea of 'asking out' - it seems vomitable to substitute the need to be close to someone with a verbal declaration. It is something I will not do. When I find someone attractive it is a physical thing, never does it make me blurt out words at 150 wpm.
Example: I was at the local bar the other day and I noticed a lovely young woman so naturally I smiled at her. Music was playing so as we were dancing I went up close to her, held her hand and we danced passionately. I kissed her several times and thought we should have a deep meaningful kiss but her friends had other ideas and whisked her away. Ah well.
If I was to have any conversation it would have been with few words at first followed by more the better I knew her. Do you see what I mean?

Metal_isthe_Answer

I don't bother any more, I'm convinced no woman could ever have the slightest interest in me, even if it feels like a perfect match.
The upside is that I can watch all the anime I want, play all the games I want, spend hours working on music or reading, and there's no one to object like all my friends wives would and do.