Are you worried people will find out you are registered in this forum?

Tiercel

I'm not too worried about it. But do I visit this site when family members are around? F:eek: no!

With how my computer is set up now, my back is to a doorway. And I always worry that someone will see the screen and ask what I'm doing.

agoraphobickatie

i'm really open about my anxiety/agoraphobia.. all of my friends know about it and support me and help me through anxiety attacks if i need it, ha.. and about being on this forum, i talk about that openly, too.. haha like just tonight i was telling my friend something about "on this social phobia forum i'm on"... i talk about this forum a lot, actually, hah :)

Why

yes, that is why i dont post many pics here. I think society thinks social phobia is a kind of freak disorder (well who can blame em, SA makes me do stupid things) and i'd be very embrassed if ppl found out because i put on a fake visage in life.

206Raider

I used to... but now I could care less becuase f them ppl. They held me down. I need to rise up and be positive and do something big. I'm not afraid to admit I socially anxious but I don't want it to sound like a problem or excuse.

Silentknight

Constantly everytime my friend calls me and we talk I'm always worried she is going to say she found this forum and happend across a few of the postings I've written on here and now she wants to talk about it. Scary thought

Haruhiist

I am, that's why I use nicknames and never reveal my name.
Then again, if someone would discover me on this site, doesn't mean he / she has SA too?

But I'm afraid that my family finds out that I'm on this site, so I erase the history a lot.

Hikari

I am because it will give people I know more fuel for their insults. So I won't post my picture or anything like that. That and I've been stalked online before by someone, so I am always paranoid about it on every site.

lilymartens

I don't go around telling everybody about my condition, but it's not really a secret either. My mom, my doc and my best friend know. That's enough for me, but if somebody would ask, I'd tell them the truth.

A l a n

Yes! I don't think anyone I know would even suspect I have anxiety because I do come off as quite an outgoing person in real life sometimes.

Although the chances are low that people I know would ever find me on here, I'm still paranoid about it so that's why I keep my email and Facebook info on here hidden to contacts only or through PM.

nightcrawler

Yes! It's very unlikely anyone I know even knows about SAD/SP let alone a forum dedicated to it. Nevertheless I still won't post a pic of myself just in case.

Square_Eyes

I know the odds are slim but I can't help worrying about it. I posted a picture of my shoes, of all things, a couple of hours ago and I've been sitting here ever since anxiously picturing someone I know inexplicably stumbling across this website, recognizing the footwear and putting two and two together like some sort of ridiculous shoe detective.

Damaged

No im not, i've told my mum im on here because i told her it helped me a lot to be more positive and was nice to know people were going through the same things that i was, as i felt alone at first.

Although I am a bit worried my ex boyfriend will find out because i've wrote about our relationship a lot and he would just end up texting me loads of abuse :(

Illusions

I used to be paranoid about it, but now I couldn't care less. I'm sure it wouldn't come as a surprise to some people who know about my awkward tendencies, anyway.

Tuco

Thank you all for your replies, after reading them I think it is about 50/50 (worry/not worry). In any case, I won't be posting my picture here or in any other site anytime soon. I guess facebook is not an option for me either.

Orbital

Yup, I mainly use the same username for every forum/account on the internet, but used a different one here in case someone googles it. I know it's stupid because everyone I know IRL figures out I have SA eventually, but I can't help it.

Mr.Moon

I don't normally use this name in other places so I doubt anyone could find me by that.. But even if they could I wouldn't really care. I would feel a little stalked though if someone was trying that hard to find me on the netz.

Richey

my parents found out when i accidentally clicked print screen one time and because the printer was off nothing happened but when they accessed the newtork and turned the printer before i had a chance it printed out a thread while i was at work a few hours later. so when i got home the sheets of paper were sitting on my bed as if to say "we found this, its on your bed now" ...

i didnt say anything and neither did they. but i hate it when stuff like that happens. just the worst possible scenario i mean. because i think the thread was actually about parents as well. just shocking luck.