Are you worried people will find out you are registered in this forum?

Bones

I really hope that none of my family see that I've been on here and used to only come on in 'incognito' mode... yet at the same time I hope that someone see's that I've been on here, in the hope that they'll question me about it and force me to do something about it. I don't use 'incognito' when I come on here any more.

My brother caught me on here one day... and most of my immediate family members know I have problems socializing. I've stopped caring whether most people know or not, but I don't advertise it.

Island_chic

No ..I'm not at all. I could care less. Maybe they need some help. I'm beyond embarrasment because I realize everybody has their own problems and deep dark secrets. So not embarrased at all anymore.

Ran

My family all know about my SAD, so I wouldn't care if they knew I started posting on a forum with other people that can relate.

As for people I don't know, or don't know very well finding out, I don't care. They have their own problems; I have mine. If they think that this is something to be ashamed of then their issues are deeper than mine!

Saying that though, I don't openly pop up and immediately start listing my issues when I'm talking to someone, whether online or off, unless they ask me first. Privacy is a virtue.

Yes i'm afraid of that, that they will read my stories here, because i'm very open about my life here, my issues i mean. And those are really hard, and people might think i'm crazy. o_O but here you all understand, and I thank you all for that. <3

IamThisOne

Today my instructor for my C++ Programming class came in early and I went in and decided to sign in. There were only like three other people in the classroom and they were behind me talking to this guy. They weren't directly behind me. Anyway I turned around and saw one of them looking at my screen. I know he say what it was because those huge words "SocialPhobiaWorld".

I'm sure he was wondering what kind of site I was on. Man, I've been thinking about that all day.

Maybe... but then I don't really care. Then, I really wish that someone would - perhaps it would lead them to understanding me better :)

mercyshy

Yes, sort of! But who cares? No matter what they will think about it, it's their problem. I don't care about it now because some of them don't even know what I feel and I think they don't also care about it. My family? They know about it coz I already told them.

Rodney

Yup, I always delete my history after coming on here. I always go on here or other SA forums when people can't see my computer screen. I made a thread about showing pictures of your pets and ended up taking my pets' pictures down because I was afraid someone would see them and know who I was. The chances are slim to none but I'm pretty unlucky... -_-

I'm not that bothered by people finding out, I even was discussing a thread I posted on this forum last night with my father. If anyone asks or wants to know I'll tell them. I have problems and are discussing them with people all across the world, they are discussing them with me and everyone else in this forum. I think it's something to be proud of, branching out into the world, getting help and giving help if possible.

awkwardamanda

Ya know, there's actually a member here who I think is someone I know from another website, and a completely unrelated one at that.:eek: He's not too active here, so I guess I'm okay saying this, but I'm not mentioning names anyway. Based on username, location, and some posts in the forums, there's a pretty good chance it's the same guy, but I've got my doubts anyway.::eek:: I'm still trying to work up the courage to ask him about it but it's kinda hard to just come out and ask somebody if they have social phobia. I'll have to be a little more subtle. It's not something I want to go around advertising either. If I'm right, I'll gladly talk to him about it. If it turns out I'm wrong, though, I don't want a "wtf are you talking about?" kind of response. I'd feel like an idiot for saying anything. So I guess if someone does recognize you here, it might not be a bad thing cause it only means they've got the same problems. But that's why I use a handful of different screen names. I've always worried about that off chance that somebody will recognize me, even if they never mention it. I don't mean to scare anyone who's already paranoid even more, but I guess it is possible.:confused:

awkwardamanda

^ same! i'm in the same boat. and i think this person has recognized me. o: but for some reason, i haven't brought it up. i'm worried i'll freak this person out. then again, i think i already have. i guess i have nothing to lose at this point...

(don't worry -- it's not you, awkwardamanda. :p)

Yeah, you're not who I was referring to either.::p: However, I don't use this name anywhere else, so right now it's definitely one-sided....Interesting.:rolleyes:

Snowdrop

No I totally get what you mean. I'm getting more and more paranoid by the day. I'm actually regretting putting down anything that may be linked to who I am. I'm way too cautious to put pics or vids of myself up and when my family are here, no way would I be caught on this site.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Yep, I worry. If I'm on this site and someone comes into my room or I hear them coming, I switch to a different window or tab and pretend to be looking at something else. I also delete my history every night so just in case someone gets on my computer, they don't see a thing.

I'm going to have to cosign the threadstarter.........

That's why I'd never post my picture here also.

I don't need the entire world knowing I'm weird.

although there is one person on here that knows me off the forums..... I tell her everything anyway so I don't care if she sees what I post.