are you an asshole or bitch?

JCS008

I was nice when I was a child, but then I became an asshole through my tween and teenager years just because I tried to fit in and go with the crowd. Then I matured a little bit, but was a different kind of asshole in college. But these past few years I've been out, I just learned how ridiculous I was at time and really regret it. I've learned from my mistakes and go the extra mile to be a better person and do the right thing. But yeah, I guess I still have some asshole tendancies and thoughts, but I'm trying my best to move on from them.

WelshOne

I probably come across as an asshole a lot of the time, but only because I feel too awkward/shy to say or do what I would actually like to.

So for example, if I see someone who needs to cross a busy town road while I'm driving, I wont always stop my car and be courteous (altough most people don't). Not because I'm an asshole, but because I'm too fearful about holding up the cars behind me and pissing someone off. Or sometimes just because I'm afraid of the interaction with whoever wants to cross the road...

Yep I got the same problem. I used to be an asshole. I avoid people, not say hi, ignore them and avoid eye contact even in 2nd grade. I used to think that all that stuff like greetings, small talk, etc seems so fake...

Now I'm learning to look at things more rationally. And I'm making an effort to fake friendliness and confidence.. I hope one day I'll do those things because I genuinely want to be nice and friendly, as opposed to faking it

Lea

Banned
Dottie I gave you a rep point for your initial post in this thread. Not that I agreed you were a bitch :D, I just can relate to what you said.

kirahster

Funnily, I was always the nice, sociable outgoing person. It was since I met my ex and becam a single mother that I have turned into a bitch. People (who are my friends) make comments about how mean I can be. Then I feel bad about being mean...

206Raider

the world made you/me that way....I'm the same way, the world beat my ass down so much I finally said f--- it....I'm not being nice to you all anymore. I'm nice to the people who are nice to me but if I sense somebody even thinking about judging me, I go into f--- off mode. fake ass motherfu--ers will just talk about you when your gone regardless. Only difference is they the ones who look scared cuz they won't say anything to my face when I look mad.

Last edited:
i am nice if i am treated with respect, if not then i am horrible mean hard ass. I can be a real prick at times

my first relationship happened because the girl thought i was an asshole. it was just due to sa though - i must have been rude to her inadvertently.

some years later, this girl i really liked said she was only attracted to assholes. which i took to mean i was too nice. which was probably true. being alone in a strange town can make you kind of clingy. i really wished i was an asshole then.

jaim38

I can so relate to this thread. Not everyone is raised to be happy, cheerful, outgoing by nature. People come from different families and different personalities, just like candies come in different flavors. Extraversion and cheeriness comes a lot easier to some people than for others.

Being harassed and bullies so many times in the past, both at home, school, public, etc, I naturally developed a very defensive attitude. I am not outgoing, friendly, or cheerful by nature. Sometimes people misunderstood me and think I'm a b*tch. But like someone mentioned, there's a fragile core within me that I'm trying to protect.

Yep I got the same problem. I used to be an asshole. I avoid people, not say hi, ignore them and avoid eye contact even in 2nd grade. I used to think that all that stuff like greetings, small talk, etc seems so fake...

Now I'm learning to look at things more rationally. And I'm making an effort to fake friendliness and confidence.. I hope one day I'll do those things because I genuinely want to be nice and friendly, as opposed to faking it

Yeah, I need to make an effort to fake things. Even though the whole greeting thing seems fake, it's necessary to play by the rules of societal etiquette. I wish I had at least a tad bit of acting skills.

MollyBeGood

i am getting older now and i feel like i am becoming a bitch. i always thought of myself as a nice person. so much that i was a doormat. i have always tried to be nice. still i find myself being overly polite when i'm in public- especially at work where i am forced to kiss *** and play the doormat role. but on my own time i'm at the point where i don't go out of my way to smile at people or ask them what they're doing or what they're about. it's like if i act that way it is so phony and awkward. i would rather seem like an antisocial bitch than a fake so i'm at the point where i just can't feel bothered to care about people anymore.

i am a jaded, callous bitch. i am not a barrel of laughs or fun to hang out with. it was something i never learned to be. i was not conditioned to be fun or joyous as a kid. i was not treated that way.

i don't necessarily want to be a bitch but it's the only way i know how to act anymore. if i really wanted to i suppose i could try to be more conversational toward people but i don't feel like it is worth wasting my energy (and it takes a lot of energy for someone with SA). i have grown to dislike people in general and usually don't give them much of a chance. sad but true. it is kind of a "get them before they get me" mentality. i always have a preconcieved paranoia that everyone dislikes me, is suspicious of me, or is judgemental towards me. at this i turn myself off- always. i don't talk. no eye contact (it is painful). all of this comes from insane insecurity and translates into "bitch." so i am a bitch.

i wish i knew how to be jovial, light-hearted, free spirited. it is so foreign to me. i wouldn't even know where to begin. i would like to be a more free spirited individual but i feel trapped by work/school. is there a way to learn happiness within the confines of this entrapment?

also, i am not sure i can feel happy when i don't feel like i trust people at all. i am waiting for them to **** me over. how can i feel authentically generous and care free when i think the world is out to get me?

not to mention it is hard to be happy when it gets dark so early. god damn. i hate this shit! it's so depressing.

When I really want something or feel very strongly about something I have been called a bitch by men. I know my "presentation" could be a little better sometimes but I really kinda feel like you gotta be a Bitch sometimes to get anything in life.
I used to be sweeter and quieter and I also got walked all over all the time, and never got what I wanted.
I think there is a real happy medium. Once you start getting a few things you want in life you can loosen up and trust and be freer.
I try to make fun of myself in a way that isn't cruel just try to not take myself too seriously, that activity helps me lighten-up. Be able to laugh at yourself, while still loving yourself is the key.
I like the quote "Life is never as serious as the mind makes it out to be"

coyote

evidence suggests that i am attracted to bitches - i married two of them

unfortunately, i have found that they can be very hard to live with for any length of time

Kiwong

I mainly get called a dickhead or weird. I could be a bit of an asshole, but maybe my attitude has been shaped by experience. I like myself when I am my best, I wish I could be that way more often.

GhoulsNightOut

tumblr_mx87r096A61rnq40lo1_500.gif

Odo

Banned
I don't think I'm an asshole, but I do get frustrated pretty easily and I don't let go of things that I probably should. I also think I'm more likely to say those things that other people won't, and this gets me in trouble sometimes.

I envy people who have patience for the things that I don't.