Are you an animal empath?

seekeroftruth

I was on an animal rights forum the other day and some of the comments from members seemed very familiar to some on these forums...I am wondering if anyone else like me feels a particular bond with animals and a lack of a bond with humanity?

Browsing the introductory forums is where I stumbled across some comments which seemed similar to many on here:

animalsuffering.com

MadCat

Animals are better than humans. Though that is only if we separate the fact taht we humans are animals too.

Let's just say, OTHER animals are better than humans ;)

hippiechild

It's harder to get away with imperfections while surrounded by people who have the same ideas of what is good or bad. Animals don't judge us based on the same criteria as other humans do. A dog doesn't judge you based on how verbal you are; it just wants you to be kind, and consistent. Similarly, I don't think that humans judge other animals by the same system that they do. Maybe a cat repeatedly tries to befriend a raccoon and all the other cats learn to be afraid of it. A person won't know to discriminate against that cat. A cat is appreciated for its softness, friendliness and attentiveness.
Maybe the cat will end up getting along with people (and maybe raccoons) better than with other cats. You accept your cat. You, me and Lea all seem to get along better with animals. The animals accept you.

To me a bear is pretty much a bear. Some are cute, some are scary, some are brown and some are kinda blondish. To a bear observer, maybe a bear walks while dragging a hind leg slightly and is labeled as incapable. I still see a furry, burly bear.

...I left, came back and forgot what I was writing about. Sorry if I make no sense.

Anyway, I love animals :D

worrywort

I'm not sure but I've noticed that if I'm ever round another persons house, all of their pets seem to gravitate towards me! and there's always one dog that decides that my legs are the most humpable!

mndigi

I like cats. I had them all through my childhood and some of my mean neighbours gossiped about me spending more time with animals than humans. And yes, I remember hating people's guts and liking my cats because they wouldn't appear so malicious to me.

Last edited:

seekeroftruth

The human race not only perfected, but industrialized atrocity and agony...hooray!

As Charles Manson says(who has his own issues), it's all about ATWA.

tommydog

I sure am I love animals, especially dogs. Theres nothing like the loyalty of your dog, and a dogs feelings and actions are always honest.

TheNewZero

Sorry for bothering here with this, but sometimes I take the courage and watch the animal abuse videos. Yeah it´s painful to look the truth in face, what´s behind what we eat....

Those videos are what made me a vegetarian. Disturbing. My mom has a rule at dinner that 'food comes from the store'. I say if you can't face the fact that an animal has died for your meal, you shouldn't be eating meat. Having said that, you can never trust anything PETA says.:rolleyes:

Rodox

I am,I hate to see pets caged ,they should be in their natural habitat,for eating I had a phase when I refused to eat any meat,or wear any animal products,but I realised its just what or how we are,we were made to eat meat also,the problem its that there are to many people in this planet.

gsmax5

I've never been on any animal rights sites before, but I really love animals...well...at least the cute ones.

not really all animals, just love dogs. Have a Rottweiler named Rocky and a lil mutt named lady. They are my kids. lol

LadyWench

Yes, big time. Like it has been mentioned already, I tend to care more for animals, than a lot of homo sapiens.