anybody else have an SPW online relationship ?

206Raider

Lol yep it definitly has it's upside, I wouldn't change it for anything. Me and Krista talk a lot, but we remain friends even though we say a lot of personal things to eachother and like eachother, we both know the chances of it becoming real are slim since we are kind of far apart, we leave the door open as a possibility but it's much easier to be friends but yes we are very close and we try to be eachothers biggest support.

Silvox Black

Is it not a contradicting step backward when it's merely referred to as a "fantasy that will just break"?

Perhaps she is merely attempting to keep an open mind to all possibilities for the future. However I am certain she is doing everything in her power to maintain that the positive outcome shall prevail.

Aye, i suppose you have to be in the situation to fully understand it...
I've never been in the situation. I've been in long distance relationships with guys who've cheated the second i wasnt around. I was the "weekend girlfriend" as one guy "jokingly" put it and my friend had an online relationship with a girl in scotland, which was chaotic to say the least...

The guys I've spoken to here seem different though- and i guess if ye can both do it, dont get jealous constantly, and don't resent the fact you can't be intimate with somebody without hurting the online gf/bf then go ahead!

I personally would be terrified of it, but thats only because of past experience..

Krista

Aye, i suppose you have to be in the situation to fully understand it...
I've never been in the situation. I've been in long distance relationships with guys who've cheated the second i wasnt around. I was the "weekend girlfriend" as one guy "jokingly" put it and my friend had an online relationship with a girl in scotland, which was chaotic to say the least...

The guys I've spoken to here seem different though- and i guess if ye can both do it, dont get jealous constantly, and don't resent the fact you can't be intimate with somebody without hurting the online gf/bf then go ahead!

I personally would be terrified of it, but thats only because of past experience..

I think doubts are beginning to creep into everyone's mind thanks to this thread.

U

userremoved

I think doubts are beginning to creep into everyone's mind thanks to this thread.

I think the doubts where already there before the thread. All this did was force us to talk about it for a min. Well not me I just kinda watched you guys talk.

Last edited:

Kat

I am in one but we didn’t meet at SPW. We’ve spent a lot of time in person and it was kind of luck that we met because both of us weren’t looking for anyone, we just really hit it off. We would probably still be really good friends if we were the same sex.

The situation presents some challenges but it’s not that bad. It helps when you share certain interest together, to get through those moments when you’ve had a dull day and got nothing to talk about but you still want to spend time together. Both, of us haven’t been intimate with anyone else that wouldn’t be acceptable in any other circumstance unless both parties agree to it and we don’t. It is not much different when your single and you can’t get layed if you crave sex it’s you and your hand. Sorry for the TMI.

I have had my moments of jealousy but I think I would of if they lived next door that stems from feeling inadequate to someone else. We, usually get through it, I just need reassurance at those times. Things aren’t perfect all the time but we get through it, both people have to be willing to work at it.

He will bee here soon so no long distance relationship for much longer. :)

Krista

SORRY! :(
i really shouldnt be allowed talk sometimes...

Not at all dear! It was nothing you said in the least bit lol.

I think the doubts where already there before the thread. All this did was force us to talk about it for a min. Well not me I just kinda watched you guys talk.

And I do believe you're right, I suppose lingering thoughts have been there and this must have brought them to the surface. I guess we can't all live in a fantasy world huh.

AimeeSP

I have been, well not on here but in a similar anxiety website that i no longer use, BECAUSE of the person i was in an online relationship thing with. Turned out he was a bully and i nearly had to call the police on him, very good at convincing people he is 'nice' though. I fell for it. :/

Re thinking everything though, if he had turned out to be a nice person i'm not sure i could have met. I worry too much about my outer appearance not being attractive enough. Pictures can be good at hiding certain imperfections at different angles/lighting. It's not so easy in real life. :D