anybody else have an SPW online relationship ?

Lets hope so... I've just been unlucky so i'm kinna cynical!

Johnny, i'm the same.... but you did deserve it! :)

And Aimee I know exactly how ya feel! Though Ive seen your fb photo's that people have taken and don't know how you think you're not pretty. I'd dread meeting up with someone after being in an online relationship because photo's make me look great..

Whoah the guy you were with was a bully? Let me guess reeeeeaaaallly pushy and jealous?

Noca

Banned
Lets hope so... I've just been unlucky so i'm kinna cynical!

Johnny, i'm the same.... but you did deserve it! :)

And Aimee I know exactly how ya feel! Though Ive seen your fb photo's that people have taken and don't know how you think you're not pretty. I'd dread meeting up with someone after being in an online relationship because photo's make me look great..

Whoah the guy you were with was a bully? Let me guess reeeeeaaaallly pushy and jealous?

Photos do the opposite to me. Id rather meet in person as soon as possible to whomever im dating.

In my experience its best to keep it quiet as there are those who like to destroy things through envy.

I think it's human nature to want to let the world know when you're in a relationship and happy... but at a place like this where topics such as love, sex, and relationships can be a sore spot for many, this is probably best. If I were in a relationship with someone here, the last thing I'd want to do is make others jealous or made to feel that I was trying to rub their faces in my happiness.

Yes it's a sore spot. I read in one book that insane and unhappy people want to destroy while sane and happy people want to create. Maybe thats the reason why I'm so skeptic. Maybe when I feel something for a girl in here I'll change my mind. I think relationship can be started here, but without physical connection can't go further.
Anyway today I'm in a bad mood, so I'm searching what to destroy. Don't listen to me.

I think relationship can be started here, but without physical connection can't go further.

I agree that a physical connection is vital for any relationship. If you start one here, you just have to consider all of the factors realistically- like how far apart you live, and how willing each of you are to make things work.

FinalSolution

It can be beautiful and it can be painful. I had once.. not from SPW but i meet her online. I liked her from start and after some months we fall in love. We had some problems but some really nice moments too. She wanted us to meet irl but that was something like scariest thing in world for me to do. For 1st time travel more than 2000 kms and meet girl of my dreams? Some1 like me? Well love makes us to do crazy things and i did it too. I meet her... It was best time in my life but it didnt last long. After that came period of sadness, desperation probably lowest point of my life that stil lasts. But i dont regret it. I proved myself that there is stil hope for me and if i managed to face something that i was affraid most of everything then i can do many things.

Be VERY careful, everyone.

I don't know if you mean this in terms of being careful about getting your heart broken because of unrealistic expectations/fantasies, or just having to be careful about online relationships in general because of the ease with which people can misrepresent themselves. I'd like to think that everyone on this forum is being genuine about themselves, but it's better to be skeptical until you're absolutely sure that a person is trustworthy.

Whichever way you mean this, this is great advice.

206Raider

It's hard to keep my spirits up today, I'm tryin but it feels like the world fell ontop of me. Nobody really needs to know all of this, but I don't regret anything that happened becuase she made me really happy and it was beneficial for both of us...ugh...we just both aren't ready for all that I realized last night. It's hard though. These relationships can make you feel higher and lower than you expected and I never really wanted a ldr of any kind it just kind of turned into that after we clicked on about everything.

I know some of you are thinking "be happy you had one at all, I never have" well trust me I been there, and didn't think any special girl like her was coming my way but it blindsides you, so keep your head up. Just be careful what you wish for becuase you just might get it, and then you might not know what to do with it once you have it, cherish every moment.

I don't know if you mean this in terms of being careful about getting your heart broken because of unrealistic expectations/fantasies, or just having to be careful about online relationships in general because of the ease with which people can misrepresent themselves. I'd like to think that everyone on this forum is being genuine about themselves, but it's better to be skeptical until you're absolutely sure that a person is trustworthy.

Whichever way you mean this, this is great advice.

I meant it in a general sense. Considering our conditions, at least for me, the need to have companionship is even greater, which can lead to whimsical approaches in acquiring that.

I am totally confused here. Didn't she insinuate you 2 were in an SPW relationship? If that is what she meant are you disagreeing?

My name was removed (when it was there to declare her feelings towards me) and has been replaced with a sad face, indicating what happened. Things were close, then something happened. When I said that, suddenly I was skeptical of the entire relationship.

Kat

I find it a little shady that people don’t discuss such things, it’s up to you I guess if you don’t want to share that you have someone in your life but there’s no negatives to say that you do, only if you’re looking for them and if people are in such a topic they don’t have to read it.

I find it a little shady that people don’t discuss such things, it’s up to you I guess if you don’t want to share that you have someone in your life but there’s no negatives to say that you do, only if you’re looking for them and if people are in such a topic they don’t have to read it.

Yeah, I'm not really ashamed. It just happened.

I agree that it could be suspicious if people don't want it known that they're in a relationship, but I think there could be good reasons for keeping quiet, at least in certain company. I wouldn't be ashamed if I had a relationship with someone here, but broadcasting it could drudge up unnecessary drama for the both of us- perhaps more for me since I'm a moderator. So I think if people want to keep relationships private, it's not necessarily shady. As long as they are secure in their relationship, it shouldn't matter who they choose to tell or not tell about it.

Kat

I agree that it could be suspicious if people don't want it known that they're in a relationship, but I think there could be good reasons for keeping quiet, at least in certain company. I wouldn't be ashamed if I had a relationship with someone here, but broadcasting it could drudge up unnecessary drama for the both of us- perhaps more for me since I'm a moderator. So I think if people want to keep relationships private, it's not necessarily shady. As long as they are secure in their relationship, it shouldn't matter who they choose to tell or not tell about it.

yeah, I agree with that!

Danfalc

Banned

Double agree to that..Ive been open about my personal life in the past despite being warned of someone not too,and that really did turn around and bite me firmly in the ass.This site isnt too bad,as its a support site and generally everyone is well supportive of each other.But people are people,say if your both from the same forum,sometimes people will **** stir,or if someone is jelous rumors will get spread.Im not saying no one should tell people,or that it should have to be kept secret,but it can be a headache sometimes.

But i think its so cute when people meet each other over the net,being a mod working here for a while,ive seen quite a few people hook up and its nice to see people happy :) I dont understand why there is still sometimes a stigma to online dating,people say oh you could be meeting a nutter,well you could if you met someone randomly in the pub too!