anybody else have an SPW online relationship ?

Lorraine Manca

But i think its so cute when people meet each other over the net,being a mod working here for a while,ive seen quite a few people hook up and its nice to see people happy :) I dont understand why there is still sometimes a stigma to online dating,people say oh you could be meeting a nutter,well you could if you met someone randomly in the pub too!

exactly, on spw, you are guaranteed the person's a nutter, no more guessing!

exactly, on spw, you are guaranteed the person's a nutter, no more guessing!

True... No scary surprises there! :) But yeh, i think if people are in a relationship they should keep it on the down-low, cause people would be jealous, maybe even obsessive, and try to interfere.
Its hard enough with real life people tryin' to ruin things - best not let online people do it too!

listen lady! i dont know what time it is, in the foreign world!! but its monday here! (or it was at some point) ::p:

I know you're in Scotland, which is a few hours ahead of me on the East Coast of the US... so for you it's probably early Wednesday morning as it's almost 10 pm Tuesday night for me... so it's been a while since it was Monday for you ::p:

FOR REAL

Banned
I know you're in Scotland, which is a few hours ahead of me on the East Coast of the US... so for you it's probably early Wednesday morning as it's almost 10 pm Tuesday night for me... so it's been a while since it was Monday for you ::p:

why do you have to complicate things! :confused:

mrb

nothing gets past you does it pants :rolleyes:

Pookah

It is even harder for me to make friends on SPW than otherwise. I make more friends in World of Warcraft, lol.

Lea

Banned
One remark to what has been discussed before: I always thought that a real love or friendship meant to be able to trust each other totally, without fear that if you don't keep it hidden, it could be easily split by some fool from outside, or that you loose each other due to some misunderstanding. Because if you do, it wasn't real and if it's not real, it's not worth it so what do you have to loose? If something goes wrong in a relationship there might have been some intrusions or whatever caused by a third party but it's up to you how you deal with it. You might kick each other to the butt because you believe someone said something which isn't true or misunderstand the motives of the other or get wrong what they wanted to say et. etc.... Well there is always some potential danger outside but it's finally up to you 2 how you deal with it. So you cannot really blame the outside world, on the contrary if you can face a lot of hardship succesfully, it can only make you stronger.

I am not against keeping hidden online relationships, as everybody is entitled to privacy, just wanted to express this thought.

Last edited:

Tiercel

It is even harder for me to make friends on SPW than otherwise. I make more friends in World of Warcraft, lol.

Hey, at least you make friends in online games. Any time I ever play an MMO I just end up soloing and intentionally avoiding as much social interaction as possible. Thus, by avoiding a game's true purpose do I derive satisfaction from playing it. :confused:
And in case you're wondering, I'm currently avoiding my brother and my "D&D" buddies from real life in DDO Unlimited.

As for an "SPW online relationship," I'll just say I made a fairly open overture last year. But I don't wish to tamper with anyone's hopes, so I'll let the readers draw their own conclusions.

But yeah.... If any ladies are interested, feel free to contact me at the address provided in the aforementioned overture.

And as there's no default evil smiley, I'll just stick to my usual. :D

Pookah

My playful self comes out more in online games because I can't be hurt too badly like you can in real life. So I tend to make more "friends" because people like to be around fun people. I wish I could be so carelessly "fun" in real life.