Anybody else get insulted by strangers on a daily basis? Or have weight loss tips?

Social anxiety's all irrational phobia's right? WRONG!!!
My fears are perfectly rational - the only reason I fear what people think of me is because EVERY time i go into town, somebody insults me. Usually a group of guys. I hate it so much. Yeah i know I'm unattractive and have a weird manly walk - no need to bloody point it out to me and ruin my confidence even more! I don't think I'm a fat ugly monster... I know I am! :(
I'm so sick of people who dont even know me making me feel like ****. Its amazing how strangers have the power to shatter every bit of confidence you have and nearly end your life (yep, it happened to be on a bridge today and I wont even explain how much I just wanted to jump off).

Today was horrible. I was walking into town -hungover, scraggy hair, no makeup, red face- minding my own business and there were these two guys walking towards me. I noticed one of 'em walking funny and noticed he was mocking the way I walk. I tried to pretend I didnt notice and changed my walk straight away. Then they walked past me and (please don't laugh)both made farting noises amd started laughing. I remember a guy telling me before that it was a sleazy compliment. This wasn't though. They were clearly doing it to offend me! If I had a rock I would've thrown it and made sure i knocked at least one of em out cold.

I'm sick of this crap - I try to hide my anxiety but because I'm fat and wearing a hoodie I get abused! Its so stupid.. I'm really losing my will to live. P.S. This isn't a suicide threat - I'm 100% anti-suicide. Why am I here like? All my life consists of is these idiots insulting me! I'll never be able to leave the house and get one positive comment about my appearance. All I'm seen as is that fat butch nervous wreck. I'm so fed up! I dress casual and I get abused - I dress up like I'm going to go out and I get nothing! Maybe a "oh your boobs falling out" by some old man.

I'm sick of having to hide, avoid eye contact, take alternate routes, and pretend to be on my phone (and have a panic attack when I cant find my phone) just to avoid these people (ie. nearly every guy who walks past me) and their insults.

I'm starting Paul McKenna's weightloss programme and joining the gym on tuesday. I did Paul McKenna's thing for two weeks before and lost 4lbs in 2 weeks. I'm hoping to lose more this time though. I need to lose 4 or 5 stone like!!
If anyone has any good weight loss tips they'd be much appreciated. These people and their insults are destroying me!

hidingfromtheworld

Yes,my freind,I have encountered this problem countless times. I have been pretty much locked away in my home for 20 years because of being bullied by strangers over my appearance. I have been called 'ugly m_____ fu_____by complete strangers, i have had strangers approach me in stores [when i had nt even noticed them] and say'what the f ---- are you looking at ugly m---- f----. ..you see ,i was an overweight ugly child,my parents repeatedly called me ugly and made fun of every part of my body down to moles and freckles. i grew to be tall and skinny but due to low self esteem from being criticized i have extremely poor posture. i have had strangers imitate this many times which makes me slouch more. yes,i know im not attractive,,i know this better than anyone because its me. and when strangers insult me i want to disappear too. its a horrible feeling. its funny [not literally] that you say you pretend to be on your phone ,,i do this often. And, im sick of taking alternate routes to avoid harassment /humiliation. my story is a long one but i know exactly how you feel. im sorry that this encounter you described happened to you. but ,i can assure you that i know exactly how you felt that day..lets talk more if you want...take care.

hidingfromtheworld

i started the slouching my shoulders thing because [i gues] as kid i felt like i could nt be seen by others..i have always looked down and slouched..as if im hiding..wanted to add that.

2ate

It sounds like a tough situation you were in. What kind of town do you live that have random strangers insulting you? This doesn't sound like a town to live in. these insulters are jerks. It's their problem. There must be something about them deep down that wants them to do this...

I didn't know what else to say but didn't want to make you feel as though your thread went un heard.

2ate

as far as losing weight...no one should be giving any advice per se. because no one knows your physical condition better than your doctor. If you can afford it, you could hire a personal trainer and he or she could help you.

good luck :)

Noca

Banned
I got made fun of for being underweight most of my life. People may refrain from saying someone is fat but they never even think twice and just call someone skinny. Its really annoying at restaurants, they will try to give me extra food or make jokes that I really dont find funny. I dont choose to be underweight, I just have a chronic low appetite.

Noca, I would kill to be you! I've got a huuuge appetite and I hate it. See I binge aswell, because I starve myself in front of people - not wise!
Then again I can see why you don't like it.

I get ignored when people are bein offered food. Like everyone in the room would get offered somethin' and I'd be ignored. My mother even said I could have a heart attack if I don't cop on. How's that for a confidence boost eh?! :rolleyes:

Doctors just tell you to eat healthy and blah blah blah! Sure I know how to - problem is that "healthy" food tastes manky. That said i do like cooking things from scratch rather than eating loads of junk! I suppose i may just kill myself in the gym 'cos it'll be worth it in the end!

2ate, I've lived in a worse town where going out was an absolute nightmare - doesnt help that I lived with a model either! This place is actually one of the friendliest places I've ever been shockingly enough... If I could find a place where I knew fully that I wouldn't be insulted I'd move there without even packing!

hidingfromtheworld, you sound a lot like me! I too started slouching at a really young age. 9, I think, could've been earlier than that! Now i just look around frantically at everything except the feared people. Had a nervous breakdown one day because of it. See I REFUSE to eat in front of anyone or associate myself with food when there's people around. So imagine how bad it was when i was eating a sandwich on a train, making sure nobody could see me, and all of a sudden these guys come up and try take my bag off me. Then they laugh at me and return 2 seconds later, one of em sayin' "I'm not gonna take it, you fat bitch."

It was horrible!

U

userremoved

Wow, sounds like you've got some nasty people in your area. Please tell me these are not adult men acting like this.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I can relate. Even in my worse days of anorexia people would still mock me, implying that I was fat :( Now they keep doing it, also they say I'm ugly and I look like a dude. Others simply despise me because I'm weird and others just ignore me.

I understand how you feel, but you didn't do anything to cause this and I'm pretty sure you look okay and you're not ugly. They have a problem, they are mindless bastards. You were just unlucky to find them, just as I was/am unlucky to find the wrong people almost all the time. They don't mock you for the way you look, they do that because they are idiots. Your looks have nothing to do with their behavior. People like them will always find something to hurt others, it's their nature to make others feel bad, no matter with what.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Often my psychologist tells me that my fear of people is a part of a paranoia, irrational, as you said. And then I go out and others confirm my irrational fears. No, I'm not paranoid at all, I'm just realistic.
I try to think of it as their problem though. There's something wrong with these people, I swear.
Good luck with the weight loss too, but don't think it's going to stop a**holes from being a**holes. People always find fault with each other to cover up their own insecurities. ::(: I wish I could find a way to block out their words, because I don't know how everyone else deals with these people. I'm a freak, yeah, but goddamit, why does everyone give a sh*t? I've stopped using public transport, and now it's getting harder to find the courage to leave my house.

Honda

This is stupid... Society is getting stupid.. It was never this huge before... People start worrying about how they look or act so that others dont poke fun of them..
And people insult and rape the living crap out of other people to set an example and earn respect or fear of others...
Its like a gangsta world nowadays... If you dont whoop ass everyone just jumps on you... People start worrying about how they interact with other humans just like people worry about finding food or shelter in other places...
This is silly, and as a matter of fact its about leverage not physical appearance, ive seen fat people verbally insult and rape the living **** out of people poking fun of them... Its about the person who is the loudest and most abusive as if, the big gangsta that is... There are alot of people with brain and logic and wouldnt waste their time with this bull**** but alot of silly people are out there and you might not want to give them much attention or go down to their level.. See once they see that you're weak or naive they will start and wont stop.. Keep ignoring them as much as you can.. Just fashionable nowadays to offend and insult others and make offending jokes that anyone no matter what will get offended from.

Last edited:

Kat

That’s awful people like that make me feel so enraged!:mad: If they can’t show a simple thing like common courtesy, then their the lowest life form and should be wearing those electric dog collars around their neck that goes off every time they attempt to say something destructive because they're too stupid to show compassion.

Last edited:

hoddesdon

My weight loss tip is to try the Paleo diet. It consists only of food occurring in the natural environment - meat, seafood, nuts, fruit and vegetables. That is the food eaten for 90% of human history, to which the body is well suited.

Food introduced in the Neolithic age - grains, dairy etc - is not tolerated as well. An example is sweet things - in nature, sweetness does correlate with goodness, but artificial food, such as soft drinks etc, are not healthy just because they are sweet.

I have been progressively migrating to the Paleo diet, but it can be difficult. Over the last few weeks I have removed grains altogether, and have lost six-and-a-half kilograms over the last few weeks. I have been going to the gym, but I was doing that before with no result.

I agree with Hellhound - these people are saying more about themselves than they are about you.

Kat

It may-be somewhat outlandish but I think because the female image gets used a lot in our society to promote products, I think even guys can be jealous of good looking girls just as much as girls can. It’s not the fact that you are a female, it’s just that you have a quality they wish they had and they despise you for it.

johnny 85

dat pisses me right off , what the hell is up with people? what gives them the right to act like that??? this world is just full of A holes who are inconsiderate of other peoples feelings and will do anything for a cheap laugh or make themselves feel better by treating other people like sh*t.

Honda

^ such people need dictators to whoop their asses... They are always there and its always a matter of you that puts the limits to them... They see that you're scared then thats it they ride u like a donkey.. Usually when walking along ignore these people as long as they dont get physical... People judge you by the look on your face, the way you walk and behave and the way you react to their actions.. Luckily we dont have much of these *******s where i live.. It is intimidating and normal to be on alert when a stranger crosses the line with you but how it ends depends on how you play it out...

BlackKids

I've lost 3stone in 6 mths :) so I dont think I've done too bad.

Losing weight is pretty simple and is all to do with your calorie intact ( everyone knows it right but they think there is some kinda secret. I dont beleive in all the crap. Its just hard work and exercise)

Work out how many calories you should be eating based on your weight and height. Its different for everyone so not just the standard 2000 for women like they say. Exercise as much as possible. Finding something you enjoy is vital. Personally I love cycling and swimming. Also do running and weights 1/2 a week. If you can love the gym then great.

More exercise you do the more you'll improve your metabolism and therefore burn fat easier. Look into ways to boost your metabolism and please dont starve yourself as this isnt sustainable over a long period.

hippiechild

height of too-muchery

I don't think that I was ever really picked on or attacked... was way too weird and crazy for anyone to bother with that.
These people that you describe are remarkably disgusting and I'm glad that I have been able to avoid them. You certainly don't deserve to be treated in this way, no matter who you are or what faults you may have. People are beautiful unique beings and all deserve love
My weight loss tip is to try the Paleo diet. It consists only of food occurring in the natural environment - meat, seafood, nuts, fruit and vegetables. That is the food eaten for 90% of human history, to which the body is well suited.

Food introduced in the Neolithic age - grains, dairy etc - is not tolerated as well. An example is sweet things - in nature, sweetness does correlate with goodness, but artificial food, such as soft drinks etc, are not healthy just because they are sweet.

I have been progressively migrating to the Paleo diet, but it can be difficult. Over the last few weeks I have removed grains altogether, and have lost six-and-a-half kilograms over the last few weeks. I have been going to the gym, but I was doing that before with no result.

I agree with Hellhound - these people are saying more about themselves than they are about you.

Roger that, brother! Natural, unprocessed foods that we were designed to be eating! They'll give you the physique of a feisty wood nymph. I think it would make you feel better both physically and mentally, due to weightless and increased physical capabilities as well as supplying your body and brain with ample nutrition from healthful sources.

Another option would be a full out ketogenic diet, which I found to be useful as a short term tool. Basically no carbohydrates, enough protein and hella fat. After 3-5 days of depleting the starchy glycogen stored in the muscles of your body, you will start using fat as your main energy source. During this time you will have lost a fairly remarkable amount of weight, mostly in the form of water. Since it's completely insane, I don't recommend anyone do it for more than several weeks. It's not a good way to lose weight long term, but I think that its real benefit is not weight loss, but the change of perception that comes with it.

Firstly, it weans you off highly processed sugars (don't be a breadhead!) which helps you to make less impulsive, highly destructive eating decisions: going and eating hella carbohydrate for comfort will be less of a problem since that addiction will be under your control now. Secondstly, the healthful vegetables will have been made the star of the show. Having been the only source of fibrous carbohydrate, most people learn to loovvee their steamed broccolis, spinach, canned green beans and other tasty greens as a snack. Once again, the carbo comfort reflex will have been killed for now, leaving room for healthy food. Lastly, it builds restraint to the highest degree, setting you up to tackle almost anything! :D

Light cardio, swimming, yoga, weight training, hiking, walking, tree climbing, hardcore dog walking, bear wrestling or whatever exercise appeals to you would be of even greater importance than diet. I feel that putting too much thought into diet without considering exercise can lead to over-controlling intake and getting really screwed up levels of nutrients. Make sure that you take part in some kind of exercise/general physical activity that you can enjoy.

of course, this is just the opinion and experience of internet-weirdo hippie. Ask your doctor before doing anything drastic.

Last edited: