Any one else enraged by people staring at you?

Jannah

Banned
I usually ignore people altogether when I am out. Usually certain type of people stare at me and I know exaclty why.

Sinar_Matahari

i hate it, but i hate it even more when people continously say "ITS ALL IN YOUR MIND"

well we know it isnt!! dont we.

so fk them too!

I know exactly what you mean!!! Is it quite possible that I am hallucinating people staring at me?! I'm rational enough to know when someone is staring at me or not.

Cynic

I usually ignore people altogether when I am out.
I'm the same as you in that respect. Having said that, I do sometimes give hard stares at some of those who people on this may consider as 'jerks', as when they have no backup with them, they don't say a thing. Hard cunts indeed! :D

smff73

Yup,

Really, really irritating, as if I don't have enough on my plate, with my insecurities. The fact that you feel crap about yourself, insecure about your appearance, uncertain about communicating with people, then people stare too. And not just glance, but stare you down.

And I can assure you it's not my imagination, I've had people comment on people looking at me. And if I'm out with someone ( say my sister ) and someone blatantly stares at me, so she notices, the entire atmosphere changes,and I feel so depressed, stupid and helpless. Being a 35 year old male and feeling so frustrated, yet I can't think what to do about it! And it's not even a rare occurance, it happens all the bloody time, and guess what, it's far more often males than females, how is that supposed to make me feel? Do I look feminine? Are they looking for trouble ( in a shopping centre, on a main road )? Are they gay?

I just don't get it, I was always told it was rude to stare.

Reiji Moritsugu

This is one of the most irritating aspects of going outside, that´s for sure.

Most of the time I just ignore them...god bless mp3s and headphones, but when
even that doesn´t work I just give them the best "stop staring or I´m killing you
and your whole family when you turn around" look I can make, and that´s usually
enough for creeping them to the point of taking their stupid eyes off me >.>
someone might say that it drives people away even more, but it´s not like any of
them would like to be friends with me on the first place.

See you around :)

LycraPantiies92

People don't actually look at me much. Unless i look at them first, and even then usually they don't look at me. Makes me feel left out ! waha. i wana be stared at ]:
..Good thing i'm not though [:
xx

mndigi

Yup,

Really, really irritating, as if I don't have enough on my plate, with my insecurities. The fact that you feel crap about yourself, insecure about your appearance, uncertain about communicating with people, then people stare too. And not just glance, but stare you down.

And I can assure you it's not my imagination, I've had people comment on people looking at me. And if I'm out with someone ( say my sister ) and someone blatantly stares at me, so she notices, the entire atmosphere changes,and I feel so depressed, stupid and helpless. Being a 35 year old male and feeling so frustrated, yet I can't think what to do about it! And it's not even a rare occurance, it happens all the bloody time, and guess what, it's far more often males than females, how is that supposed to make me feel? Do I look feminine? Are they looking for trouble ( in a shopping centre, on a main road )? Are they gay?

I just don't get it, I was always told it was rude to stare.

If you have proof that people are staring at you, like others saying it, or your sister thinking so too, then shouldn't you ask them if they think there's any thing about you to stare at? May be then you will know if there's any thing to do about it?

mikestar

Banned
I had it yesterday and its effected me. Bloke looking at me got back in car still staring and started to laugh, next thing ill give him something to fkin stare at!

yes there could be hundreds of reasons why he did what he did, but I just see the darkside!!!!!

Cal

I can't say I'm OUTRAGED by people staring, as I'm sure I've done it too. For instance, sometimes if I'm bored or tired I'll just stare off into space, and if someone crosses my field of vision it looks like I'm watching them. Apart from that I have a reflex to avert my eyes if I'm passing someone on the street, and that might be considered rude as well.

But back on staring, it's really a job requirement for me, if someone looks fussy or anxious, you have to watch them closely incase they start stealing. From what I've seen shoplifters actually look around to see if someone's watching them, like paranoia. If someone's afraid, they'll avert their eyes or keep their head down. It's really difficult to tell the difference between them, and people that are genuinely insecure.

J_M

Whenever I'm out and about, I always feel like someone is watching me, even if seemingly no one is in my direct vicinity. I feel like I'm some kind of attraction for people to look at and laugh at my flaws.

dtrotter

Well, forget them, they are just looking at you, what the big deal? maybe they aren't looking at you after all.. they should not affect you in any other way.

cobalt_bluester

I can get very angry indeed when people stare at me, particularly when I am feeling afraid or anxious as I often do. I feel like punching their face in. I know this is bad but that is honestly the way I feel about it!!! I guess I feel it is an intrusion of privacy and I am really a very private person. I also feel like it is a challenge for a fight or something it really can piss me off majorly.

PennyLane

I don't ever think people are looking at me...if anything my concern would be that im never even noticed haha

SPV

Oh yeah, I get REALLY annoyed by that. Usually I just maintain eye contact while trying to give off the "what are YOU looking at?' vibe.

I once said that literally on some guys face, cos I was going through a really rough patch that day. He turned his face around and continued walking. Boy, that really felt so good. If I only had the guts to say that again though.

i used to feel like that and still do. i went out yesterday though and decided to smile at ppl and atleast act abit confident even thou im not, just to test it out, well i did have ppl staring at me n i decided to give a freindly smile at the person looking at me and i was surprised at the result, the person looking at me smiled back and i could get on with what i was doing thinking im normal. and it all started with me deciding to have positive thoughts about myself before i went outside.

i was thinkin to myself i look good, im better looking than all these ppl (i usually think the opposit) and by thinking that im better than these ppl and have gifts, skills that other ppl dont have, i saw ppl whoever walked past me and i was the one staring at them and i felt good about smiling at ppl instead of being afraid of them.

And the night before, i was thinking to myself how agoraphobic i am and i was stressed.

So i would say just think of urself better than whoever is there, and think maybe they would love to be like you and when you smile at them, if they are confident ppl its likely they will smile back.

JCS008

I try not to let people staring bother me. This morning when I was waiting for the train to arrive, I was standing on the platform and this older man, probably early 50s was staring at me. From the corner of my eye, I can see him looking at me up and down for some reason (no he wasn't checking me out). And this went on for a few seconds, so then I looked over at him and he gave me this disgusted look. Like I was the scum of the earth. I didn't let it get to me, since he's the one with the problem, not me. I don't have the staring problem, he does.

Acme

In all honesty, most of the time I really don't know / it doesn't matter if people are staring, etc.. Nowdays, I tend to ignore most people and I don't look at people's faces much anymore whether I'm at a distance or walking by them, as I just don't care about them. A lot of times I'm in my head thinking about stuff and am not concerned with others anyway. Although I do keep a sense of my surroundings at all times to protect myself, as most of the time I am out alone.

Even if someone was staring at you in a bad way, they are doing it out of some sort of self-fear or inferiority complex, so they are nothing anyway (in regards to them trying to throw their sh*t onto others, or trying to make themselves feel better at another's expense).

Last edited: