Any one else enraged by people staring at you?

Danfalc

Banned
I still have to understand why people stare at me. If they stare at you, it must mean they are "checking you out".

In the uk where i live there is a stupid male mentality,that it makes you "hard" to try and stare down people when your out and about,its sort of a challenge to the other person,and if you dare look back you often get asked what your looking at :rolleyes:

It would make me as stupid and idiotic as them to kick off about it but sometimes its tempting::p:,i feel like ive got a friggin tv on my head.

I don't notice them. I know they stare, but I just try not to notice/look at people. They're really not that interesting.

Thats a really good mentality to have,they try and teach you that in c.b.t,that people arnt really that intresting,and neither are we to tother people,if were getting looked at its probaly human curiousity or a logical reason.

Last edited:

Skald

I try to avoid eye contact most times, but people really do have a thing about staring. At most I'll glance and then look ahead. Danfalc has a point about young guys here in the UK they are morons...

I've never even noticed people staring at me... or if they looked at me it was just for a few seconds as I passed by their line of vision. Of course, I rarely wear my contact lenses, so I can't even tell if someone is looking at me most of the time if they're far enough away... this could be a good thing or a bad thing. But I couldn't see myself getting angry about it... I wouldn't even give it a second thought. If they're staring at you, it's most likely their problem, not yours. Forget about it and move on.

In the uk where i live there is a stupid male mentality,that it makes you "hard" to try and stare down people when your out and about,its sort of a challenge to the other person,and if you dare look back you often get asked what your looking at :rolleyes:.

I think this is everywhere, its a guy thing. Everywhere I go I get atleast 1 hard look by some wannabe/ganbanger or some big guy. Pisses me off cause I know what they are doing and sometimes I dont bother with it but other times I get mad and stare back. I wish these ****ers would grow up someday.

Rodox

Only when they are in groups,its not enraged,more like nervous,some people like to be sarcastic,say some indirect things,then I get enraged.

Last edited:

Kinetik

I don't notice anyone staring at me. I can't imagine it happening to someone, unless you have something really visibly wrong with you (people have no scruples when it comes to that).

Rodox

Just say something indirect back. But with rage behind it

I did some times,when I was younger,I used to get in a state where I just couldnt see anything anymore,now I dont do it much anymore unless people really invade my space,I just stay in my place.

Last edited:

L Hilla

Halfway enraged, well not really enraged but just irritated, it feels so intimidating to me sometimes like 'excuse me'? But I try my best not to judge it like that so harsly, because I can't read their minds and shit. I guess it soemthing that steams from the past, in school and just life period. there are occasions where you wanna be like 'WHAT DA HELL R U LOOKIN AT?' LOL... it's so dramatic but whatever, it's a feeling.

atvsamala

Hi,

Maybe you're just reading too much on what other people are doing. When someone does this, just ignore it. They may be thinking that you have a beautiful face and that is why they are staring at you.

Regards,
atvsamala

BeachGaBulldog

If I look up and see someone staring at me, it pisses me off so much, that I will just keep staring at them until they look away. Its rude, so I give them a taste of their own medicine.

NormanBates

Eye Contact Triggers Threat Signals In Autistic Children's Brains

ScienceDaily (Mar. 10, 2005) — MADISON - Brain tests at the University of Wisconsin-Madison suggest that autistic children shy from eye contact because they perceive even the most familiar face as an uncomfortable threat.

The work deepens understanding of an autistic brain's function and may one day inform new treatment approaches and augment how teachers interact with their autistic students.

Tracking the correlation between eye movements and brain activity, the researchers found that in autistic subjects, the amygdala - an emotion center in the brain associated with negative feelings - lights up to an abnormal extent during a direct gaze upon a non-threatening face. Writing in the March 6 issue of the journal Nature Neuroscience, the scientists also report that because autistic children avert eye contact, the brain's fusiform region, which is critical for face perception, is less active than it would be during a normally developing child's stare.

Eye Contact Triggers Threat Signals In Autistic Children's Brains

Danfalc

Banned
Whats with all the dots? :D

I don't think everyone is Autistic just because they don't like people looking at them,the last thing people with anxiety want is attention drawn to them. Interesting read though.

Sinar_Matahari

It used to really anger me when people used to stare but it doesn't so much anymore although I still feel awkward. I still believe that staring is rude, but what is rude to me may not be rude to someone else. I try to keep that in mind.

I used to get angry and defensive so I'd either stare people down or I would give them dirty looks. I got over this years ago though because there really is no point to it. I just mostly ignore people but I'd like to be comfortable enough to the point where I can look at someone even if they are giving me a dirty look. I tried doing that earlier cuz I'm trying to retrain my thinking. I felt incredibly awkward to say the least.

I have come to realize that there is a difference between people who are giving dirty looks on purpose, those who just don't have very friendly expressions and others who are subconsciously giving dirty looks. Sometimes I see this automatically and other times I have to take a moment to make an assessment. I can now tell when a woman is purposely giving me dirty looks out of envy or if she's doing it without intending to do so. Envy isn't exactly a feel good emotion and it shows in a person's face. It's actually more uncommon that a woman gives me dirty looks on purpose.

Some people experience envy as a form of persecution and those are the ones who are openly hostile because they feel that it is warranted. Then there are people out there who can deal with their envious feelings more responsibly.

I am more suspicious of women's stares because of my past experiences. I used to get bullied in school by a group of girls. A friend had warned me about one particular girl in the group. She warned me to watch out for her because she was envious of me.

I can tell that a woman is staring out of curiosity. I get suspicious that she's trying to find some fault in me to make herself feel better or I think she's trying to find a reason to be hostile. This fear isn't very irrational since people actually do this. I just want to not care at all whether they are doing it or not.

I know why people stare at me and most people would be flattered but I'd rather not get stared at. I avoid looking at men or avoid men's stares for other reasons altogether. Some men mistake it as interest on my part and I want to avoid the awkwardness of being approached and then having to tell a man that I was only casually looking about and not interested in him. I don't want to have to deal with wounded pride or anger. But then I've met guys who can shake off rejection with a smile and without bitterness.

FOR REAL

Banned
i hate it, but i hate it even more when people continously say "ITS ALL IN YOUR MIND"

well we know it isnt!! dont we.

so fk them too!