afraid of death

mariospap

I am not afraid of death. Several years ago I experienced an OBE (Astral projection) without my will. It was pretty scary, but I found that there is and how the other side looks like. Now, I am not afraid anymore.
For the record, it was like ours world. I was floating and everything were the same. The lights and colours were very intense.
I believe in reincarnation though, so the astral plane is just something temporary when you die, until you get in a new body.

Last edited:

Daniel089

I know it's maybe weird but think like this: when you get old, and for example you'll be a widow, I think you'll won't fight death. Maybe you'll think that you'll see your love once more in the afterlife. You'll welcome death just like a nice guest to your own home. The point is, when people die at an old age I think they're not afraid of death at all, because they probably know they are "ready"...

Section_31

I try not to even bother worrying about it or thinking about it.

What is, is. what will be, will be. We can chase our own tails on this topic untill the cows come home and still be not one iota closer to an answer. Some are convinced of one thing, others convinced of another. Both views are valid.

What matters is that you come to a conclusion for yourself that can give you the peace you need to live this life. Dont spend so much time worrying about death that you forget to live.

^Not meant as a criticism! I had to have the same advice given to me once.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm 100% sure of that! wait..

Yeah I was actually going to add something about the paradoxical nature of the claim. I don't rule out the fact that myself or other people can know things for certain, but at this point there's nothing I feel I am certain of in life (maybe there is though, I'm not 100% sure ::p:)

Froggy246

I am not afraid of death. Several years ago I experienced an OBE (Astral projection) without my will. It was pretty scary, but I found that there is and how the other side looks like. Now, I am not afraid anymore.
For the record, it was like ours world. I was floating and everything were the same. The lights and colours were very intense.
I believe in reincarnation though, so the astral plane is just something temporary when you die, until you get in a new body.

Yea I've experienced this as well, it is very scary initially but once out you can float about and go on an astral adventure. Did you experience vibrating, and a high pitched noise as well?

Flanscho

My opinion is, that nobody can be 100 % sure of what happens after death, that´s why it seemed to me a bit arrogant to claim so.

Lea, I was asked for my opinion. I shared my opinion. What I think about what happens after death is the only thing that makes any sense to me. That is my personal opinion, that I shared, because I was asked. It's my own private thing, that got nothing to do with you or with the opinion of any other person.

Compare that to your own opinion. You think that you are able to decide what others are allowed to think. You claim that nobody can be sure of what happens after death. You try to deny others their opinions unless they happen to fit to yours.

And you think that I'm arrogant? :thinking:

Lea

Banned
Lea, I was asked for my opinion. I shared my opinion. What I think about what happens after death is the only thing that makes any sense to me. That is my personal opinion, that I shared, because I was asked. It's my own private thing, that got nothing to do with you or with the opinion of any other person.

Compare that to your own opinion. You think that you are able to decide what others are allowed to think. You claim that nobody can be sure of what happens after death. You try to deny others their opinions unless they happen to fit to yours.

And you think that I'm arrogant? :thinking:

"I am 100% convinced" - fine
"I am 100% sure" - arrogant

MotherWolff

Banned
Yes. I'm so scared of death too! I think about my loved ones dying before me and I will be the only family member left, all alone, with no friends either. I wish I knew what happens to us after we die. I want to be strong like Lea and accept death, but I just don't have the courage to do it. :(

mariospap

Yea I've experienced this as well, it is very scary initially but once out you can float about and go on an astral adventure. Did you experience vibrating, and a high pitched noise as well?
Yes, there was a noise, like a strong wind. Usually this goes after sleep paralysis. It happens to me often, but I try to avoid projecting when I am in this stage so I do my utmost best to wake up.

Froggy246

Yes, there was a noise, like a strong wind. Usually this goes after sleep paralysis. It happens to me often, but I try to avoid projecting when I am in this stage so I do my utmost best to wake up.

Ok interesting, yea with me it starts with the sleep paralysis, it's like it can go either way after that. It's very scary and quite trippy in a bad way, sometimes with strange voices by my bed or the feeling someone is in the room etc, the room looking a bit different sometimes, so in that state usually I just want to force my self into a normal awake state. But sometimes I'll remember that this is a good doorway into astral projection, so I'll focus on positive things and ease into it, then the vibrating starts and often a high pitched noise before I'm out.

mariospap

Yeah. In mine pre-projection stages, everything seems normal. No weird voices or presences. If you're interested to keep projecting, I have one advice for you. Raise your vibration levels. (Eat healthy, exercise, meditate, make walks in the nature, be calm and compassing and so on). Your experience will be much more better. I don't want to talk more about it, as we will be off-topic. Add me as friend if you want to talk more about it.

Flanscho

"I am 100% convinced" - fine
"I am 100% sure" - arrogant

I'm sure that reducing arguments to four words will move the discussion forward. :kickingmyself:

You try to ridicule the opinions of other people for the sole reason of you not liking those opinions. And then you call those people arrogant, while you think you yourself are not. :eek:h: