A Place to Introduce Yourself

FMA102

I actually joined this site months back, but apparently forgot about it, and am rediscovering it now...so...

Hello everyone!

ellxdee

Hi everyone..I am happy to have found this forum. I have always known I was different from childhood. I first started feeling this way in Kindergarten..I am know 41 years old. I still suffer from SA, but I have help with medication and it has really helped to improve my quality of life. I learned a few years ago that know one knows what you are going to say in a conversation, you just think that you will make a mistake and say something stupid or weird. That little advice has helped me tremendously mentally when I am involved in conversation with others.

Nathália

Hi everyone..I am happy to have found this forum. I have always known I was different from childhood. I first started feeling this way in Kindergarten..I am know 41 years old. I still suffer from SA, but I have help with medication and it has really helped to improve my quality of life. I learned a few years ago that know one knows what you are going to say in a conversation, you just think that you will make a mistake and say something stupid or weird. That little advice has helped me tremendously mentally when I am involved in conversation with others.

Hi ellxdee, nice to meet you, nice piece of advice and welcome to the forum.

Hiii, im will :)

Hello Will. Welcome. :)

Kaykay

Hey everyone,

I'm Kay - I used to post on this site 4/5 years ago, mainly on the hyperhydrosis forums. Have suffered on/off with GAD & depression for the past 7 years or so and find social situations really difficult. Have been struggling a little lately so thought it'd be a good time to come back and re-introduce myself :)

sunnystorm

I've probably had social anxiety since age 4 but didn't realize it until just a few years ago (I'm in my 30's). I always thought social anxiety meant that you get panic attacks in front of other people. I don't have that problem. But I do sometimes get very self conscious in front of people that I don't know very well. And it's hard for me to talk to people I don't know very well. I get so awkward around them. Later on I look back and it's very embarrassing to think the silly things I said or did...as a result of the social anxiety.

I also tend to be kind of shy and reserved around people I don't know very well. My husband is very outgoing, so in comparison to him, I think people often mistake my shyness for being a snob.

I'm an introvert. I don't really like idle chit chat and I'm not very good at it, but I love to talk about interesting topics such as current events, or pop culture, etc.

Usually once I get to really know someone and we have things in common, I feel more relaxed and can be myself around them. But in busy adulthood, there often isn't a lot of time to really get to know someone. Most of the people I know are fortunate enough to have friends that they've known since childhood. (Even if they live in different parts of the country now, they remain friends and see each other when it's possible) In other words, the "getting to know you" phase is well in the past for them. Unfortunately I didn't have good friends when I was growing up. I was friends with the type of people who lose interest in being friends once we aren't in the same place anymore (don't attend school together anymore, don't live in the same neighborhood anymore, etc.)

It can be a real nuisance having social anxiety. Because all around me I can see what I'm missing out on because of it.

Geo

^Hey that sounds just like me, I'm not good at chit-chatting but the interesting stuff can rev my engines, lol.

Hey guys, I'm Geo. Joined yesterday but didn't know this was here. I'm 16 y/o guy and from Canada. My SA started when I first discovered the internet a couple years ago, I was really interested by what I saw and decided to stay home and surf all the time instead of hang with friends and didn't think of the consequences. As a result I lost them and my social skills. Well that's my story, nice to meet you :]

(Ugh, if only talking were as easy as typing, or we could use telepathy, the world would be so much better..Well probably not for me, all I have in my head are game soundtracks and anime openings, that would be bad...)

Last edited:

angelinadaniel

Hello!!! this is angelina daniel from USA new to social anxiety forum. I came here to share my experience, hope you will enjoy it...thanks in advance. I will be back here very soon.

xRusty

Hello all,

I'm 31, male and from the US. I've got some social anxiety issues, and wanted to meet some people that have the same. Hoping to learn, grow, and get some positive interaction here.

Thanks,

Rusty

Last edited: