****!!

Should we CENSOR the "F word"?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 82.1%

• Total voters
I think you're right hippie... if people want to be offensive, they'll find a way. The only argument I could see for censorship is the potential for "innocent" eyes to see things they shouldn't, but I guess this would churn up the whole debate about whether it's the responsibility of this website to "protect" minors/children, or if it should be the responsibility of the parents of said children to monitor their internet usage and ensure that they're not visiting places that they would disapprove of. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle... but it's hard to say where to draw the line.

Harleyq

I really think we should get rid of the stars and replace certain vulgarity words with other ones. Like on my dad's gun forum, if you type in "bitch" the board will automatically change it to "Rosie O' Donnell" instead of just starring it out.

agoraphobickatie

I really think we should get rid of the stars and replace certain vulgarity words with other ones. Like on my dad's gun forum, if you type in "bitch" the board will automatically change it to "Rosie O' Donnell" instead of just starring it out.

holy crap, that's freakin' fabulous!! haha :D love that!

Quiet Angel

You can consider me as a "goody-goody" because I don't swear & often
don't appreciate hearing it. Although it's more accepted these days, I try & tolerate it. :cool:

Remus

Staff member
I swear I'm going to ban the next person to use the "C" word.

not sure about other countries but in the UK it's the worst of the swear words!

Remus

Staff member
I usually have a list of swear words I search everyday, then remove, it gets tedious

iamthenra

Fabulous... Let's try it out....

Country, coupon, corral, carpal, curry, curt, cute, curly, canon, courage, cootie, cooperate, cow.... LOL ::p:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
No words should be censored, unless they are used against someone the offensive way, in that case there should be a warning for the offender instead of censoring the word in general.