****!!

Should we CENSOR the "F word"?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 82.1%

• Total voters

RedRibbons

So there was a tiny problem.. so! fixed now!

The question is.. Should we have word censorship for the "F word", or not? Currently I don't know all the words that are censored...

*test*

Okay there are some pretty vile words that are not censored.. So why censor the F word?? VOTE!!!

Post your thoughts too!!

Last edited:

reslo

(and for the record many other obscenites are allowed- i know as i typed a few :) )
i don't think it really matters- people can always find a way around. people post a lot worse things than ****.
(but do keep in mind there are minors on this site)

So there was a tiny problem.. so! fixed now!

The question is.. Should we have word censorship for the "F word", or not? Currently I don't know all the words that are censored...

*test*

Okay there are some pretty vile words that are not censored.. So why censor the F word?? VOTE!!!

Post your thoughts too!!

Because in the UK cunt, twat, and cock are used as insults that don't have the sexual power they do in the United States. None of these words should be censored however.

Sacrament

Suicide used to be censored as well, but I guess it's not anymore.

Anyway, yes, the F word should be uncensored.

klytus

I suggest we teach the forum software to replace "fuck" with "gently caress". That's been done in a couple of other communities, too. Censorship is ridiculous, though. The argument that minors are on this site doesn't really work, since all of us know what the four stars stand for. It's hypocritical.

Gently caress you all! ::p:

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
Initially the webmaster censored these words as this is only a PG13 rated board

RedRibbons

So, none of the words are censored now except ****...

Silly.. what makes **** more inappropriate than cunt *shudder* besides the UK thing...

releaseme

i am against censorship of any kind.
though, there is a time and place for everything

correct me if i am wrong but, **** is an acronym...
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

and sex is a natural part of life...

and my head is NOT in a good place today...

fuсk you!!!

Fuсk no it shouldn't be, Censorship is a bitch, and besides who the hell doesn't know that four stars in a row doesn't mean fuсk anyways? It's the only word censored afterall. It just doesn't look classy. It means the same fuсking thing, sooooo... I don't get the point.

Also, I hate you. And bye :).
♥♥♥

Last edited:

Nicholas

Psychedelicious, are you fuking back? How you been? :D

I have always spelled **** as fuk here, because I wanted to make sure everyone could see the way I fuking express myself.
Wait. Why is it censored in the sentence above, but it's not censored in other members' posts? :eek:

Last edited:

iamthenra

i use a word called "b*gger" often, i think that would be a good word to censor, before i get "censored" :D

Forget censored... You're BANNED!! Haha
3760730002_16aca8f498_o.gif

hippiechild

Psychedelicious, are you fuking back? How you been? :D

I have always spelled **** as fuk here, because I wanted to make sure everyone could see the way I fuking express myself.
Wait. Why is it censored in the sentence above, but it's not censored in other members' posts? :eek:

I know, right! It's a miraglee woohoooo

also, magic!

also also also, I don't think that any word is intrinsically "bad". Depending on who uses it and in what context, any word can be equally if not more offensive than "ƒuck". If the goal is to avoid offending people, and I think it was, then human moderation is the only solution. The word is just a way of sharing an idea, which can easily be recreated in a different way: "I'll rape your grandmother's dog!"
Banning an individual word is useless... and no, banning even more isn't much better.

An offensive jerk is an offensive jerk, regardless of how many words you may ban.

Of course, there are probably ten-hundred bazillion things that I didn't take into consideration too...

Last edited: