18.. I'm an adult now. So scared

emerald_star733

First off, Happy Birthday!! Secondly, i didn't have a clue at 18 either... hang on, there is a lot of life ahead! You don't have to have all the answers right now.. You are free to make mistakes, to grow, and to become what you want to be when you are ready... maybe this will be the year that you are kinder to yourself:)

Lots of nutritious vitamins and fruit should do the trick. If it's not working right away, don't worry, just wait about 80 years, they'll kick right in. ::p:

But in all seriousness, though. I wouldn't make any rash decisions if I were you just yet. Life starts when it starts; in the womb. However, much of life's experience does start at the age of 18.

It's hard to see just how rare and unique life itself is due to negativity, but no matter how bleak the past/present was/is, it's no excuse to just give up right there and then.

You're not a loser until you've lost, and you haven't lost until you give up.

kc1980

I think nowadays the world's more complicated than it used to be, it takes most people longer than 18 now to be really 'adult'. I don't know if that should exactly cheer you up though.

I turned 30 last year, which is also some kind of milestone (I'll be 31 soon). I also haven't really reached everything I had hoped to achieve, I won't have too much to celebrate. Although I've made a bit of progress on the SA compared to that time.

Sorry to hear that your birthday wasn't so enjoyable. I'll still congratulate you anyway, hope you'll have a happy rest of your birthday.

Last edited:

WriterChick3

Happy 18th birthday!

You're not gonna suddenly become an adult at 18; Like, you're not suddenly gonna have the expirences adults have over 25 ....
Most 18 year-olds don't know anything about what to do, where to go, or what they want. Even if you're 18, you still have to work for what you want.

If people look down on you, prove them wrong by living and showing them what you can do. As someone else posted here, there is much more to live for. Don't give up on it!
Don't let anyone make you think differently; Only you can make GOOD things happen.

And most 18 year-olds are afraid of adulthood. But it's not something that should make you suicidal; Even if it's hard to imagine, there are things to enjoy in life. Don't let finances or people make you feel hopeless.

Phoenixx

I'll be 18 in April, and I'm feeling pretty anxious about the whole "adulthood" thing too. We shouldn't worry too much though. I mean, I think it's normal to feel this way. To be nervous about "growing up". There's obviously going to be times where it's going to get hard, but we should at least make the most of it.

Oh, and Happy Birthday! :)

Happy birthday!

And I know this isn't any consolation, but I'm almost 32 and still don't really feel like an adult... my favorite thing to watch on TV/movies is still cartoons ::p:

DespairSoul

Hello:)

Oooh how beautiful age i wish be 18 again and maybe i would start diffrently. U have to looking forward as above me was already writed. I know adulthood can be pretty scary
but try think about it positive=) U can do now what u want and no one can control u anymore as a child are controled for homeworks:) U would be taken more seriously and thats great isnt it? I feel like child by myself i think i never grow up anyway i love to be child inside. I always say: U are so old as do u feel:) Hang with us here is great community. Pills for death dont exist they was buried underground=) far away from 18 years old wich have those ideas. Happy birthsday and good luck in your long long future.

U can be now on your own,find some part time job maybe and spare slowly money. Maybe your sis is very worried and have alone some issues thats why she didnt tell u, i bet she is preparing some surprise for u and if not try be perceiving to her maybe she also dont feel well sometimes u dont know what going on inside soul of your close family.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Happy birthday!

And I know this isn't any consolation, but I'm almost 32 and still don't really feel like an adult... my favorite thing to watch on TV/movies is still cartoons ::p:
^ Never anything wrong with that. ;) I still watch cartoons, too. I've been liking Penguins of Madagascar lately. ::p: I also LOVE animated movies.

Madix

my birthday present when I was a kid was getting shot in the leg by my nieghbors drunk friend and getting arrest for something I never did...worst birthday ever. thing is...life is fking crazy. so many twist and turns. and the thing that life does is mess with your head..thats its favorite thing to do! but SCREW ALL OF THAT. its your head...and your brain piece...and you control it. i relate to you on feelin lk ppl dont care. ive had that my whole life...used to have these blackouts all the time when my mom could pay my medication...i would freak out in the hallway and scream at people for no reason...and either it would result in me fighting someone, getting stomped on, or just plain getting laughed at...i mean, ppl would throw sht at me in the hallway when i walked by...i was a walking freek laugh stock of all time...but hey....I AM STILL ALIVE...hahahaha...and laughing at the world in my twiztid noodle pipe for a brain. HAHAHA i am crazy and i know that....and sometimes ya have to realize who your and accept it...now, im not saying that your like me because i hope your healthier than that lol. you seem like a very cool person and if i had the chance to do so, i would go hangout with you, go get some ice cream and have a freakin blast, fk that id buy you a cake...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

-madix

Last edited:

Luke1993

Yes aims I'm dreading it too I'll be 18 in March and I definitely don't feel like an adult. I have no proper life experience, no friends or relationships. But on the other hand I'm glad I made it this far to 18 and some things have definitely improved for me!

Happy Birthday!

Kinetik

18 was pretty good for me, initially. I graduated high school, got my driver's license, got accepted to (and attended) university, and had a chick who was really into me. But it all went to sh!t which is pretty telling of life in general. It's taught me to never think you have it bad because life will throw you a curveball and make you feel even lower than you did before. Within months, I got put on academic probation due to poor grades, I got in trouble with the law for smoking something greenish, the girl broke up with me, and I got into a car accident which made me reluctant to ever drive again.

Just enjoy life if you can and try not to sweat the small stuff. :)

Last edited:

Confuseddd

Eighteen is tough man I definitly feel you :/ I feel old and just wish I could stay young and carefree forever. (In reality 18 is not old lol) Can't stop time though, you will keep on growing and responsibility will start to set in. Its tough when you are like us I know, but keep your head up.. Life has a way of working itself out if you let it. Yeah eighteen is when you have to start making your own doctors appointments lol :) you know?
Goodluck, things will get easier if you give it some time

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I spent my 18th birth day totally stoned under a bridge in a town where I didn't know anyone. Now even if I'm still pretty much of a failure according to society's standards, I can say that I'm kinda happy in life besides some ups and downs. Don't worry, things get better with time if you just give it a chance and fight a little.

Metal_isthe_Answer

Youre not going to be more adult at 18 than you were at 17, youll feel more adult at 25 than you did at 18 though, all I can say is, some people never feel like adults, like theyll never be able to handle what life throws at them, do what feels right and take life a day at a time

thor01

I'm coming up to 21 and hate the thought of that! I'm in the same position as you. I also feared the same at 18, and 16, and anything before that pretty much after 11 haha. I feel like if only I knew at the time I didnt hav to suddenly be an adult, I would be able to feel OK about it. So dont worry, nothing will change. Now someone please tell me the same. Cause I dont wanna be an adult either haha. I sure dont feel like one too.