1000 rejections Journal

You are truly an inspiration!! I'm going to TRY to start doing that soon. :) Thank you! Terrified though... I'll have to be looking as near to awesome as possible before talking to anybody... :( BDD is a total biiiiatch!

ichiban

this is a great idea.. although 1000 is a kind of intimidating number, maybe I should just start with 10..

it's really great idea but you have to have guts to do it,when i think about it i might try,but i start thinking it will end bad,i have a neighbor to who i don't even say hello because it seams to me that he won't say it back,and i would feel like a idiot

you just have to remember in that type of situation though, that it's not you who should be feeling like an idiot, it's your neighbor that would come off looking stupid or rude if he can't even smile and say hi back to someone.

bony666

two rejections for me today:
rejection 1
I have just been rejected by one of my closest people in my life: we were at kindergarden, and even though I cannot describe her as a 'friend' she means a lot to me, we were supposed to meet: she just called me and said she 'has no time' in a quite direct and harsh manner ! really hurts
rejection 2
Besides a guy I was supposed to go out with (he kind of fancied me and invited me) to a dancing club : he just called me to cancel ;((( what a pig*

I am still wondering why such a 'beautiful & attractive' girl (as the others say about me) still spend all her days alone, with no one to go out at night !

aien89

two rejections for me today:
rejection 1
I have just been rejected by one of my closest people in my life: we were at kindergarden, and even though I cannot describe her as a 'friend' she means a lot to me, we were supposed to meet: she just called me and said she 'has no time' in a quite direct and harsh manner ! really hurts
rejection 2
Besides a guy I was supposed to go out with (he kind of fancied me and invited me) to a dancing club : he just called me to cancel ;((( what a pig*

I am still wondering why such a 'beautiful & attractive' girl (as the others say about me) still spend all her days alone, with no one to go out at night !
First of all I'm a bit confused now. From this post I understand that you're a girl, but in your profile it says that you are a male?
Anyway you can send me a PM and I can give you some pointers :)

apollo

That is a really good idea! However like some of the others have said. 1000 is raising the bar too high I think you should do about 50 or 100.
But keep us posted on your progress.

Rxqueen

I went out to some art shows and a block party yesterday with one of my friends and I'm pretty sure I ruined the friendship from being such a social retard and acting weird like I always do when around a lot of ppl....I felt like I was following her around like a Nat and I didn't know what to do so I just stood around alot while everyone else around me was having fun....Not only that but she brought some other guy with us and I act weird around guys or new ppl and general so I'm sure he thought I was a freak....I wish I could be someone else.....::(:

EscapeArtist

Wow. I forgot this kind of exercise existed. This is a wonderful idea...

I'm the kind of person who needs to schedules things that I have the chance to run from, so that I can mentally prepare myself. So... I'm going to start this challenge... On... November the 13th. 2 weeks before I have to go back to school, and 3 days after a few meetups I'm forcing myself to go to

I'm only going to get rejected by 5 people at a time, and I'm going to allow myself a 1 day break in between. Otherwise, I might not make it. Hold me to it guys!!!

Feathers

lol I'll try to remember it, otherwise remind us :D

This actually worked for me, wrote a lot of songs with it.. (The aim was to eg have 30 rejection slips or such.. Although I actually never got them then.. It was easier to write songs with that in mind though.. :) Maybe I could aim for some more and different rejection slips though, hm?)

I read in a book that if you start a business venture or whatever, it only gets interesting after 5+ 'no's-?

MollyBeGood

I think what your doing is like Exposure Therapy and it's an excellent way to get over something fast. Just keep doing it till it looses it big scary in your head grip...works for all kinds of stuff. Scared of social situations, and people like most here- then you surround yourself intentionally (the key word)with these things and have it in your head the whole time the purpose is to get over it...it's great! Thanks for sharing!... and how did your goldfish die btw? they don't live long poor things. :(

jaim38

Yes, this is exactly what I'm doing. I started talking to random strangers on skype. I used to be very scared of getting rejected, but after being rejected by some people on skype (who didn't reply to my messages), I feel braver now. It's not so bad.

fivepoint

Wow I really like this idea. So simple but takes a lot of courage to do :) I think I am going to try this. Talk to strangers more often whenever I go out and have some sort of conversation with them.

Inspiring!