Your own virtual reality.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Imagine you could create your own virtual universe. Realism level of 'The Matrix' except that you're aware it's virtual. What would you create, and how much time would you spend in it? You have total freedom--the laws of physics, the universe and your place in it, everything.

Would you recreate a world from a favorite book or movie? Would you be Zeus on Mount Olympus, hurling thunderbolts at those who displeased you? Would you be a different race or sex or species? Would the earth be flat and sailors fall of the edge if they go to far? Would you be the Galactic Emperor or a nameless assassin? Unicorns and fairies and nothing ever dies?

I am curious. :)

Pookah

I would spend every waking and probably sleeping second in it. I would not be content with one reality program though, I'd want one for a few anime, books, movies, video games and time periods in history, etc.

I wouldn't mind having dragon wings or large bird (angel) wings. With some blasting from the hands powers, mmo style. ^_^

187000018_1280988568_stormwings.jpg

aion_online__noelani_by_seraphxoxo-d3ja7ng.jpg

Last edited:
I would create one of those enormous facilities with cutting edge technology. But rather then it being for research, it would be a home/personal paradise. With theaters, zero G environments, a couple of dungeons restricted from the general public, more theaters..

You get the picture. ;3

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I would create one of those enormous facilities with cutting edge technology. But rather then it being for research, it would be a home/personal paradise. With theaters, zero G environments, a couple of dungeons restricted from the general public, more theaters..

You get the picture. ;3
Sex dungeons? Dungeons where you torture your enemies? Dungeons with dragons? Or possibly all of the above...

awww, does that mean your not going to tell us!?
I promise I won't tell :D

Well, it -is- virtual space, so money and space wouldn't be a factor. So I'd have a dungeon for every activity that would require/(amuse) me to use a dungeon (for). There would be lots of them.

I'll leave ya'll to speculate on that. ;)::p:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Ooo, interesting question. I don't think I'd have just one virtual reality, I'd have many, depending on what I've recently read or watched. I don't think the setting of my virtual reality would be as important as the events I would be able to control, I actually think most of the time the setting would be the same as my own reality now with highly implausible series of events occurring. Like I've been watching a lot of baseball lately, and I have this recurring daydream in which I become a baseball player (an unrealistically good one),so I'd make that happen. I also have this other one where I become a famous singer, and another when I become a writer (and sometimes I combine them), but I do so completely anonymously so no one knows who I really am, I'd make that happen in my virtual reality. Basically I'd use it to extend my imagination into something a little more tangible, and would probably spend way to much time there.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Interesting. I think I'd be happy with maybe half a dozen or so primary simulations that I would try to perfect, and I would concentrate less on specific fantasies. I'm not at all sure any of my settings would be based on the real universe.

The first one I'd work on would definitely be a fantasy setting--me being a wizard of some sort, throwing fireballs around; that sort of thing.

vexatiousmind

Can I just create my own secluded village?
It would have all the necessary things such as a waterpark, steak house, java daves, etc.

Other people would be allowed, but there would be a limit, and I can kick people out if I want.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Other people would be allowed, but there would be a limit, and I can kick people out if I want.
I figure we will actually have something like this eventually. It would probably work out that other plugged in people could enter someone else's simulation with their permission and leave on their own or get booted at anytime. It might take another (human) generation before it's seriously realistic, but it will happen sooner or later.

WeirdyMcGee

It would be like this world... only with zombies- but slow zombies, so they were easy to escape from.
I would be able to fly and if I were to break wind; it would be rainbows.
lastly; this virtual world is now diamonds!

/end

haha, I guess seriously... it would be more like this world is the virtual world and when I go into the real virtual world, it would be a perfect place- no war- no hunger- no racism- no ignorance and everyone would believe that the real world was actually the virtual one, so they would stay there and be understanding and kind and wonderful forever.
That's probably just as unreasonable as rainbow farts.

drganon

My virtual reality would be the same as my current life except I wouldn't have to go to work or school ever and I got to look like this:
2969880893_0e738a65e2.jpg