would you tell the truth about your SP in psychological tests during job interview?

would you tell the truth about your SP in psychological tests during job interview?

• yes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • no

Votes: 61 56.5%
  • depends.

Votes: 27 25.0%

• Total voters

emmasma

No.
I fill in the answers I think they want to give me the job.
I would not apply for it if I did not think I could do it.

I don't know, but I think I would. I mean, it's kind of hard to explain otherwise, because I took a year out of college and quit my job for a year, so I'm sure they would be curious why that happened. In an interview they often ask why you left you previous jobs don't they? I don't think I'd want to make something up...and I think if you told people about it they would admire your honestly, as long as you could convince them it wouldn't affect your job.

Um..i'd say most people around here probably wouldn't apply for a job that requires psychological testing especially one that involves questions about SA...i don't think i understand the practical application - what job administers a psychological test that asks questions about SA?

Luke1993

I think I would tell the truth because if I lie they may put me in social situations when i have the job and think that I am "normal"

206Raider

No, I don't think it is a good idea to say so becuase you are less likely to get the job and it's not always as bad as it seems when your working there. There's plenty of quiet people out there who work and your not going to die to be in a social situation although it sucks sometimes but there's not many jobs where you are completely by yourself.

hoddesdon

It is not acceptable to lie. In Australia discrimination is illegal anyway under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992. Under the new Fair Work Act you can complain if you feel discrimination has taken place, and the onus of proof is on the employer to prove no discrimination.

shore_of_glass

I'd never say that I have SP.
First, they'd not hire me, its not like they would understand.
Second, if they are ignorant about that matter, then they shall remain ignorant about me.
Third, if I'd be put in a social situation and act nervous they would just see it like "being a little nervous" like everyone says....

Ehsan

Um..i'd say most people around here probably wouldn't apply for a job that requires psychological testing especially one that involves questions about SA...i don't think i understand the practical application - what job administers a psychological test that asks questions about SA?

(at least in my country) many employers have a medical check-up process before employment and interview with a psychologist is one of the steps.
they ask many questions about your mental situation and your family.

I faced with the decision of whether or not to tell the truth or make up a story.
i thought it's more difficult to make up a story that explains why i have been unemployed for 3 years after university so i told the truth.

he admired my honesty but i think they simply reject me:mad::

S

spring

No I wouldn't tell, because I need that job, yes this is not honestly but if job is more valueable for me I think I shouldn't tell...

ripewithdecay

Depends on the job. If it's some everyday blue collar job like construction or warehouse stuff it wouldn't be worth it to lie. But if it were a dream job like a recording studio engineer, or something cool like that, damn straight i'd lie, you only get one chance right.