would you tell the truth about your SP in psychological tests during job interview?

would you tell the truth about your SP in psychological tests during job interview?

• yes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • no

Votes: 61 56.5%
  • depends.

Votes: 27 25.0%

• Total voters

overcome.

Most of my work colleagues, particularly people 'above' me know that I experience some kind of anxiety problems. I haven't told them specifically that it's panic disorder, but they get an idea. I feel that telling them and being open about the problem gives me an easier going atmosphere around work than when nobody knew. That way, if I were to ever get any problems at work, they'd at least understand a little.

Not to mention, upon speaking to one of my employers when I returned, she highlighted that other people are experiencing personal difficulties within my department, and that everybody has problems in one way or another. Really, she's right. Everybody has issues, most of the time they're wrapped up in their own world with their own thoughts to even notice you, let alone achknowledge your problems.

Kat

Ideally, I would like my boss to know and be educated about it because them knowing may be what lets me keep the job in the end and I would prefer to work for someone who knows, but I don’t think until you get to really know your colleagues you should let them know. When, you say anxiety everyone does experience that from time to time and they probably won’t really understand the intensity we experience it.

It, depends on how you describe it I guess, it’s sort of like an eating disorder, everyone eats but we all don’t end up with an eating disorder.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
58% no? I would, I mean it would become obvious, and it's easier to tell in a test than face tot face.

Last edited:

Felgen

Nope, unless the person doing the interview actually had a degree in psychology and knew what anxiety was.

Lionheart

Banned
I have avpd not sa but I think it depends on the people who you work with I wouldnt tell people about it when I already know they dont understant it.I think I wouldnt tell it.

Rembrandt Broam

No. I don't see that it's any of their concern. They are assessing my ability to do the job, and if their methods determine that I am suitable then it's not my responsibility to volunteer further information.

Lionheart

Banned
58% no? I would, I mean it would become obvious, and it's easier to tell in a test than face tot face.

It would but I dont think they give you the job if they know about a mental illness.They propably tell you to get professionell help before starting to work.