Where can I meet other socially awkward people?

Gieky

I want to make friends but am so different from everyone it is nearly impossible. People I know from work and bars and mutual friends are out of the question. What kind of places do you recommend I try to make friends at?

Last edited:

ImNotMyIllness

Here! And other social anxiety forums. Niceguy23 lives in NY. You guys should meet. He seems like a very good person. Lamb is from New York too. She's very cool. I think yoiu would get along with her.
Another place to meet people is meetup.com. Check to see if there are any SA events. You can create your own as well.

P.S Create a thread to see if there is anyone in NY and any other Social Anxiety site your on.

goblin

The Internet or any offbeat interest group. Everything from computers to Doctor Who cosplay to accordion enthusiasts will attract people who are a little different.

Silatuyok

Volunteer at your local animal shelter. Shy people and introverts tend to gravitate toward those types of places.

jaim38

Maybe at your local comic book store, at your local library, etc. I'm socially awkward and I tend to sit at the corners, back or far edges of the room, hide behind bookshelves, or go somewhere dark.

Social phobic bar is a good idea! I will also be sitting near the exit.