What's Your Talent?

Luke1993

Re: Woah

I'm good at swallong pills. That's right, I'll just shove a bunch of them down my throat all at once without any water. Yummers. Oh so much practice. It's my only talent, and what a talent it is? I want to be a professional pill swallower some day?

I cannot seem to swallow pills. I really try butI just can't I swallow the water but the pill just stays in my mouth. I have to take my prozac in liquid form.

However I've found a new way which sort of works but it is still very difficult. I put the pill in a banana and then eat the banana!

hippiechild

I'm good at dealing with small animals,e.g., I saved a delightful little mouse from drowning in a bucket today, then set him up a little infirmary so that he could rest and resuscitate.

(I honestly sat for ten minutes trying desperately to come up with a decent talent haha)
I guess my talent is weirding people out.

I have a bit of a knack for that too :D

I cannot seem to swallow pills. I really try butI just can't I swallow the water but the pill just stays in my mouth. I have to take my prozac in liquid form.

However I've found a new way which sort of works but it is still very difficult. I put the pill in a banana and then eat the banana!

You aren't supposed to chew pills, you silly! That's the reason that you have to swallow them whole... unless the sweetness of the banana is somehow complementary to the insipidness of pulverized pill. It seems like you'd basically end up swallowing the banana whole to avoid chewing the pill, which seems wayy harder than swallowing the pill itself.

Basically, be careful, sir!

Last edited:

Luke1993

I'm good at dealing with small animals,e.g., I saved a delightful little mouse from drowning in a bucket today, then set him up a little infirmary so that he could rest and resuscitate.

(I honestly sat for ten minutes trying desperately to come up with a decent talent haha)

I have a bit of a knack for that too :D

You aren't supposed to chew pills, you silly! That's the reason that you have to swallow them whole... unless the sweetness of the banana is somehow complementary to the insipidness of pulverized pill. It seems like you'd basically end up swallowing the banana whole to avoid chewing the pill, which seems wayy harder than swallowing the pill itself.

Basically, be careful, sir!

No I don't chew the pill it stays whole lol i just chew the banana around it and then swallow it all down. I know you don't bite into the pill lol it taste horrible that way!

hippiechild

Whew, that would freak me out! I've tried eating toast while swallowing pills... total fail. I guess it's like a reflex for me to chew the food, pill and all.

I think that your ability to chew around the pill is a talent in and of itself.

mrb

um ......... do you know i havent got a talent ::eek:: iv never really thought about it b4 ....

mrb

Re: Woah

I'm good at swallong pills. That's right, I'll just shove a bunch of them down my throat all at once without any water. Yummers. Oh so much practice. It's my only talent, and what a talent it is? I want to be a professional pill swallower some day?

your mad you do know that dont you psy :rolleyes: lol joke :D

hippiechild

But Mister B, you're an action hero! "Body of a Greek god"
Is that talent not enough for you, oh great one? You also have an extensive knowledge of mythical beasties... brownies, faeries, leprechauns...

mrb

But Mister B, you're an action hero! "Body of a Greek god"
Is that talent not enough for you, oh great one? You also have an extensive knowledge of mythical beasties... brownies, faeries, leprechauns...

gee thanks hippie ....... your right im good at sniffing out elfs :D , in fact theres 1 on here , and she knows who she is , but im not saying who cos she has new powers now ;) and she might just ban me if provoked lol ::p:

worrywort

I don't think your talent has to neccesarily be something that you're good at, just something you enjoy doing. I know I'm stretching the definition here, but I've always loved art, even though I can't draw! Technically my drawings are just glorified doodles, but I do them, and have been working on them for years now, because I love it so much. I've gotten better over the years, but when I started I was probably below average.

I think finding your talent is just about finding the thing that relax's you and refreshes you the most. Maybe reading books, watching films, listening to music, cleaning, tidying, etc. Then once you find that it's just about turning it on it's head and thinking I wonder if I can do the same for others so that I can refresh them. Which is a lot harder to do, but it's way more fulfilling if you can do it.

Lea

Banned
I am an expert in doing everything wrong. If you are unable to do it yourself and need a professional, I will screw it up for you.

SpLynx

I used to write, wanted to be a musician but of course it failed... now nothing is left

shore_of_glass

my teacher used to say to me "you are a very good writer, its a shame you don't study" lol. Since then I've tried to right things like poetry, narratives, all kinds of stuff, but seeing that no one cared I just gave up.

I also play drums and, at start, I thought I was good but then I discovered I got a long way to go to be good at that. so, Not really a talent, just something I like to do but still need to learn a lot.

philly2bits

I know what I have in me but I limit myself entirely too much. I would like to polish my writing, grammar and vocabulary skills because I enjoy writing.

I used to write. I definitely needed to polish my skills. I think I was pretty good at the main ideas, but the fine points would get a bit muddy. Pacing, dialogue, keeping the plot on track, capturing the emotion of a scene. All of those were hard to do for me. I still enjoyed writing though. The will to write has left me for years but I'd probably be doing it even if I still wasn't very good.

Mikefly

I think i have a high aptitude for anything that is hands on like building things, sports, gaming, playing guitar, etc.

I wrote my first novel last year, it was very amateurish. Not even started on the second-draft yet, can't face it. I'm at a point where I just want to burn everything I wrote, because I feel it's rubbish -- even when people tell me I'm the next J.K Rowling. That remark made my day; you expect friends to tell you that. I tell people that I'm like a good painter, a painter who doesn't have any hands -- and he just sits there, dreaming of what he could draw.

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I can avoid anything using an assortment of different elaborate, subtle, and sophisticated mechanisms.

...Oh, what, that doesn't count as a talent? Okay, um, I can...OMG WHAT IS THAT *points to sky, waits for you to look, runs away*