What's Your Crutch?

FallenFeathers

Reading,gaming and watching nature programs... or documentaries on the galaxy or things like dark matter, that stuff fascinates me.

But when I'm feeling really crappy, I muster my courage and go to my friends tattoo studio and get some more work done as I only pay for the cost of the needles ink ect I'm going to run out of room if I carry on like this D:

KiaKaha

Banned
Its that area just beneath the hips and in between the legs.
You don't want to get hit by a baseball there.

Saga

I think my crutch has been reading. I've stopped using it so much in the last couple of years, but I'm now starting to realize how much I loved 'going into' those other worlds and being able to escape. I think the internet, especially chatting to people online, or music would be my current crutch. Except music is my life, so maybe it's more than that... ._.

Food in school, lots of hamburgers, cola,to endure it

i wouldn't mind eating fries each day >_<

and another crotch...

would be taking a bath, hot shower

buying nice decoration on websites for my room..

buying books, and reading

miserablecow

Mine is also food, but also drawing (creating art). A few months ago I did have to use an actual crutch for a long time, due to my rheumatoid arthritis.

pnr

Like many who said on this thread, I use food as one of my crutches.

I also like watching basketball and playing basketball. It gets me back into this process mentality. Shooting a basketball is like metaphor for life. You miss shots, you make shots, but you still have to continue shooting and act and feel as though the next shot will go in.

Last edited:

selon

Foooooood .... daydreaming and watching shows online. If I can make myself go to the city center then its bookstores, can spend hours and hours in there... but making myself go can be quite a challenge sometimes, and the supermarket is so much closer ... :popcorn:

mikebird

Banned
Getting to the gym to push myself to lift more weights and run further each time after the last.
At the university where I graduated
Sexxyy girls there all the time. I can't speak to 'em, but I love seeing 'em.
It makes the following day so much better

Cats in the car park

Away from the sofa and TV. Out in the fresh air

But:

Definitely any TV shows where people / animals are making mistakes, falling over, falling off...

Weddings - big social events - cutting the cake where it ands up on the floor. Families

Crashing a bike, skateboard, motorbike, singing, all little kids, cats, dogs

Falling into water, swinging on ropes attached to trees...
From small disasters to the greatest...

This makes me laugh inside my soul :sarcastic: :applause:

A movie with the name... jack...? Jackass

Last edited:

JohnnAY

Mine used to be video games, LOTS and LOTS of video games. From WOW to Spider Solitaire. But I can't do that anymore, all my priorities go down the drain. It was also cigarettes, but I recently quit. So now I just stare at the wall.

lonelee1

i smoke a lot. very very bad. it contributes to,,yet relieves anxiety. i should make it a goal to have fun and let this all go,, before i die of some smoking related illness.

ImNotMyIllness

i smoke a lot. very very bad. it contributes to,,yet relieves anxiety. i should make it a goal to have fun and let this all go,, before i die of some smoking related illness.

I know of people that have gone on the patch. There are also smokeless cigarettes with no nicotine. A coworker of mine uses it and swears by it. He says it takes the edge off.

dmsteyn

Well, mine is also reading, but I don't view that as a particularly negative crutch. I think my parents are my other crutch - they do way too much for me.

mikebird

Banned

lonelee
PLEASE HELP!! :applause:
I ask anyone else's experience in this personal matter

I have grown hatred for all kinds of witty convincing sales techniques which, I'm sure, is getting much worse, which I've outgrown

Aside, I was sold firm imperative guidance at school not to smoke, (labelled as personal hygiene) which made perfect sense to me, as a lot of friends took it up and they found the advice ridiculous
I had a go at all my family. Two dead, from reasons with nothing about smoking. All the spiel hammered itself into me. I marketed the imperative onto all smokers, to force them to quit. I'm the black sheep of the family, setting me back.

All my family - business owners, nieces... aunties, uncles... and my Dad, now alone, approaching his 90s, with a WWII background. Everyone apart from me (including all friends I've made) are heavy smokers of the elite brands. All people in this paragraph, from youngest to oldest, alive to dead, have flourished in an awesomely social life towards wealth.

I see the real results as a clear reason to knock all the limp-mided initiative to prompt people not to smoke.

One simple thing... walking down a street with exhaled fumes in the air, I have a good sense of this, from being around friends, equivalent to a lady's perfume as we walk past each other, feeling the vibes

I think it's my time to go for it, popping out of my social shell and live properly. My horror of health issues feels over. Time to challenge my lungs into Emphysema - the key disease drilled into me at school to easily avoid by notting letting tobacco into my lungs. My ideal alternative to suicide. I think my genes and DNA show I'm impervious to smoking damage! The evidence is in every member of my family!!!!!! :perfect:

I bet I might get in the right mood for regular invasive recruiter phone calls after a ciggy - clearing my dreadful self-esteem keeping me back. I bet all recruiters and all upper management need to smoke... cigars? Maybe this is even better than the MDMA, LSD and cocaine I tried, with no positive long-term results. Always time to try something different

Last edited: