What's the best alcohol for SA?

i know this will sound silly or funny but i do drink before going to a party.
no, i don't drink to get drunk, i just drink enough to give me a buzz so i will feel more comfortable and it does seem to work

(btw, i only go to like 2-3 parties in 1 year, so, no im not alcoholic thanks 4 your concern lol)

Do you guys have any experience with different alcohol types, i tend to have half a cup of vodka and it does it for me..it lasts only for about 2 hours..then the buzz is gone.

also i heard that you can easily smell alcohol when someone's drinking, because their body tries to get rid of it by sweating it out..so i am wondering if there's an alcohol that will smell sweet or not a strong smell ..i don't want people to know i been drinking

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
If you drink enough alcohol to get a buzz, it's likely people will be able to smell it no matter what sort of drink it was in.

I find that wine gives me a nice pace for a social situation.

The problem with getting a buzz before a party is the driving bit. Why would you not want people at a party to know you're drinking? That's what people usually do at parties.

Pachito

yeah don't drink & drive I just got out of a DUI two weeks ago, trust me you don't want to go through that bull****. Anyways, just have two or three shots of hard liquor and that should give you a nice buzz.

no offence to anyone but i already know i shouldnt drink i hear it from my family all the time. Just try to answer the question, no advice please thank you :)

Having picked up teens from parties, its the ones who drink heaps that you can smell it on, its hard to tell if they've only had a couple; they tend to go for vodka based drinks. They try to cover up any smell with deodorant etc. I used to often have a drink before family gatherings and stuff, I don't need to now that I'm on beta blockers, though sometimes I still will to get in the right frame of mind.

Mickery

Eating a few mints is the old trick, but if you don't have mints any other time people will probably get wise.

djkghigh

vodka works better compared to beer, 1 shot is more effective than 1 beer
but sometimes you feel like crap when the effects wear off

Patrick26

Don't drink lots of Vodka if you are a light weight like me. I drank as much and fast as i could in 1 hour and i was passed out in my puke for 3 hours. It sucks because i was at a work buddys house with some co workers and i never got to smoke any weed or use the bong.

MollyBeGood

best NOT to drink if you have SA
it's very hard to know where to draw the line when you get lubricated for social events and it's easy to over do it.

That being said...i like tekillya and voddy, wine and beer.

Alistair

Wine. I love wine. =) I have to bee in the mood for the harder stuff, and beer, even after a few can still taste nasty for me, IMO. But I will put up with it, if that's what everyone else is having, but not my preferred.

Jack and Coke is good for this too. Granted, I wait until I get to the event to loosen up a bit, but I tend to have a bad habit sometimes to let myself go a little to far when I was younger. I've gotten a lot better about being more social and just to get past being intimidation with some folks.

Champagne has an affect on my brain that no other alcohol can match for some unkown reason.
It brings me out of my shell. The personality I had before I was bullied comes out of hiding.

All alcohol will smell, vodka is the strongest that smells the least. If you drink and don't want people to know then use mints and perfume later, and don't get way too close to people. If you know half a cup of vodka lasts 2 hours, then go with that. It's better to have less than more believe me. It should be enough to break the ice. Really don't overdo it, you may end up over sharing with people and that's no fun the next morning :D

dottie

another vote for vodka.

@bluedays that is interesting! i haven't had much champagne so maybe i should give it a go.

B

Beatrice

Vodka and wine are my favorites.

I especially loved this Portuguese wine I had... can't remember the name.