What would please you right now?

PerseverareJasmine

If something were to suddenly appear in front of your eyes right now, what do you wish it would be? It could be a material item, a food, a person, etc., anything that you would love to have at the moment. For me it would be a large tray of Chinese food. It might cheer me up a little.

Xervello

If something were to suddenly appear in front of your eyes right now, what do you wish it would be? It could be a material item, a food, a person, etc., anything that you would love to have at the moment. For me it would be a large tray of Chinese food. It might cheer me up a little.

What's gotcha down?

PerseverareJasmine

An attractive girl... high IQ, low standards. ha ha

ditto :bigsmile:

While I can understand a girl having standards, a lot of girls have very high standards, sometimes unreasonably high, so I can understand how finding someone not too picky can be a hard quest for guys sometimes. I can understand a girl knowing what she wants in a man, because I think everyone has qualities that they would like to see in a potential partner, but at times their expectations are so high that they can not usually be met, which causes them to miss out on someone who could be good for them. I wish both of you guys luck in finding someone :).

PerseverareJasmine

It's a person I do wish to meet.

Sometimes the longing to meet someone you really want to can be powerful. I've always wanted to meet my uncle Erik. He is mentally handicapped, and I've never met him because as a child, my mom felt my sister and I wouldn't fully understand and be able to grasp the situation. Now that I'm older though, I think she might consider letting me meet him someday. Maybe you'll meet who you want to meet one day. Do you think you'll get to?

Xervello

Mostly some issues going on with my family, and having feelings of not being good enough. I'm pushing through it though, trying to keep myself distracted from the problems so it won't drag me down too much.

I hear that. Distractions are what kept me sane through my 20's. Hopefully they keep you afloat while your family issues work themselves out. Though if you want to talk about it, my inbox is at your disposal. :)

PerseverareJasmine

I hear that. Distractions are what kept me sane through my 20's. Hopefully they keep you afloat while your family issues work themselves out. Though if you want to talk about it, my inbox is at your disposal. :)

Yes, distractions really can be helpful. I don't quite feel like talking about it, because its kind of personal, but I do appreciate your offer. Thank you :).

Sometimes the longing to meet someone you really want to can be powerful. I've always wanted to meet my uncle Erik. He is mentally handicapped, and I've never met him because as a child, my mom felt my sister and I wouldn't fully understand and be able to grasp the situation. Now that I'm older though, I think she might consider letting me meet him someday. Maybe you'll meet who you want to meet one day. Do you think you'll get to?

To be honest it does seem like a dream only, that must be because it would be something I've never done before, to meet someone so far away. But I know that I can do it one day if our friendship stays the way it is now :thumbup:

fruit

A couple of things. Firstly, to not have a headache right now. I'd like some motivation too, to find a sense of purpose. Having a true friend I could actually connect with and feel comfortable around has been sounding wonderful for awhile, I really miss having that, it's been wayyyy too long. I am probably longing for too many things here. I'm sure if I put enough thought into I could make a near endless list, so that might be just a *bit* more than a couple things. Maybe just one thing at a time to feel pleased, I already feel overwhelmed as is. A delectable desert also sounds extremely pleasing at the moment!

nodejesque

^i agree about a delectable dessert.

But if i could have anything... it would be a man who likes literature, is articulate, crooked smile, and knows the difference between there,their, and they're. And he'd be holding a chocolate cupcake with raspberry filling and vanilla bean frosting. He'd be reasoning why socrates held the best beliefs when in came to humanism (Trying to win me over to his side, while respecting my opposition and opinion). All while watching me scarf down the cupcake.

Sigh. A girl can dream....

PerseverareJasmine

To be honest it does seem like a dream only, that must be because it would be something I've never done before, to meet someone so far away. But I know that I can do it one day if our friendship stays the way it is now :thumbup:

Hopefully your friendship does stay the same. Good luck :thumbup:

PerseverareJasmine

Re: fruit

A couple of things. Firstly, to not have a headache right now. I'd like some motivation too, to find a sense of purpose. Having a true friend I could actually connect with and feel comfortable around has been sounding wonderful for awhile, I really miss having that, it's been wayyyy too long. I am probably longing for too many things here. I'm sure if I put enough thought into I could make a near endless list, so that might be just a *bit* more than a couple things. Maybe just one thing at a time to feel pleased, I already feel overwhelmed as is. A delectable desert also sounds extremely pleasing at the moment!

I can relate to not having someone around I feel comfortable with and connect with. Other than online, I don't have someone like that. The last person who I really clicked with and who I could genuinely trust was my friend Erin in 6th grade, but she ended up moving and we eventually lost contact with each other. I think a lot of people could probably think of a long list of things they long for. The heart wants what the heart wants. Oh, and I agree that a dessert sounds really good at the moment, preferably cheesecake :).