What social situation do you fear most?

What are the 3 social situations do u fear most?

• Total voters

megalon

Asking for a date def tops the list for me, which would probably explain why it's something I've never done. The one date I've been on in my life the girl asked me.

Bloir

New job and school. It is possible to avoid social situations but it is impossible not working or studying, it is necessary to live and i have to do it.

Nanita

It's not in the list but having to answer an unexpected personal question in a group of judgemental people when everybody is listening.... I can experience those moments as traumatic.

Oh yes definitely. A sudden personal question, god I hate that, and I instantly begin thinking; what should I answer, what should I say now... should I speak the complicated and unpleasant truth? or should I make up a light lie? or should I reject the question saying "I don´t feel like talking about that right now, can we talk about that another time".
I have used all 3 possibilities equally.

Sprunk

Yeah giving a speech and starting a new job.I probably wouldn't stay at the job i have now if i didn't hate changing so much:)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Most of these made me cringe just reading them; some are as remote as Everest, and so unlikely that they don't scare me at all. Ha Ha

They're all bad, but I'll go with:

"Being in a group of strangers"

"Parties"

and

"Asking for a date"

Starchild

Saying something stupid is probably my biggest fear, 'cause that's basically what would make any of the other situations bad for me. Like, I don't mind giving a speech if I was 100 % certain I wouldn't say anything stupid. And I don't mind talking to strangers at a party if I was 100 % certain I wouldn't say anything stupid.

chibiXphantom

i cant give a speech. everytime i do, i stumble on a word or say something wrong, then the mistakes just snowball because with each mess up i get more nervous
which relates to my other fear, which is saying something stupid.

CrzyDrmr

Applying for jobs. Period.::eek::

This HAS to be one of the worst. I always feel so antsy and irritated. Not because I'm intimidated, but rather because I am being unnatural and phony a bit to better my chances, and that doesn't agree with me. Being true and real to myself is very important, and stepping away from that to put up a little front isn't acceptable. Quite nauseating if you ask me. :mad:

alwaysrunning

I am really dreading meeting with my therapist tomorrow. I told him someth ing I feel i should not have because now he really is going to think im screwed up and broken. So in short interacting with people who know too much about me.

awkwardamanda

This HAS to be one of the worst. I always feel so antsy and irritated. Not because I'm intimidated, but rather because I am being unnatural and phony a bit to better my chances, and that doesn't agree with me. Being true and real to myself is very important, and stepping away from that to put up a little front isn't acceptable. Quite nauseating if you ask me. :mad:

It's why I've avoided finding a new job for two years since finishing school. FML...::(:

Dj SL

I am really dreading meeting with my therapist tomorrow. I told him someth ing I feel i should not have because now he really is going to think im screwed up and broken. So in short interacting with people who know too much about me.

you are scared to interact to people who know too much about you. That used to happen to me too. This happens because we think if people know us, they will think we are shy and they will reject us.

It's only an irrational thought, just think in rational thoughts.
No one knows you're shy.
No one can read you're mind.
and I only Imagine rejection.