What phone are you using?

^ Lucky. I want one, but I find them to be pretty pricey without a contract. (I really don't want a contract since I can't afford one.)

At the moment I have this, Samsung Galaxy Centura.
TracFone_s738_400x400_HERO.jpg

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love using Android, although it's not the newest OS. (ICS, not Jellybean) And I love the fact that I've dropped this thing on concrete, in the parking lot, and on the floor numerous times and not once has it broke or cracked or anything. Just has a few scratches on the back. I really hate how slow the phone is though. The phone itself really isn't built to be a smartphone. The processor is way too slow, and thus it freezes a lot, causing me to take out the battery and put it back in just to reset it. >_< The battery life sucks too, unfortunately.

I had one of those and i loved it. Sadly it got lost and was never recovered. If i found it tomorrow i would go back to using it.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I'm using some antique android that, for some reason, everyone find awesome. I don't even know what brand it is
Now I guess that doesn't really answer your question does it

squidgee

An LG Optimus G. It's a fast phone for its time, but apparently very fragile. Haven't dropped it yet though so I can't really say.

at the moment nothing since my old phone was stolen from my pocket when I was in paris during the second half of the last october. to be honest, I really don't miss it 'cause I use to call just few people and I find skype as the best way to do it without problems of wasting time or money

I'm using LG G2 and I'm very satisfied with it!
It has the same specs as the Galaxy S4 but costs less.
Also, it's one of the few smartphones that actually has an acceptable battery life.

I use the Droid 3, which is pretty old by now. It's a pretty terrible phone in my experience. It shuts itself down sometimes, locks up and is generally not very powerful at all. So you're better off avoiding that one.

The only reason I bought it is because for some reason every phone manufacturer has decided that physical keyboards aren't cool enough. Besides being an Android based phone, it having a keyboard is the most important feature I consider when buying a phone. It infuriates me to no end that people are willing to sacrifice functionality drastically for a few grams weight difference and millimetres less thickness. Or worse, when it's sacrificed for cosmetic reasons. Ugh.

If I need to enter an appointment or converse through text, I can't deal with the cumbersome and inefficient on-screen keyboard occupying twenty-five to fifty percent of my screen's real estate. Sorry, I'm starting to rant.

Last edited:

S_Spartan

Samsung Galaxy Centura. Cheap(80 dollars on Amazon) but standard Android phone so can do most anything.

Very durable. Has been dropped multiple times.

Tracfone plan. $9 per month because I am a light user and a wifi vampire when out in public.

My only complaint is the small screen.

akala

lg banter but it's not something i'd reccomend unless you are really practical like me :p I would get an iphone5 to reccomend to the other normal people. I wouldn't actually get an iphone 5 becaue i'm too practical and just know i won't make use out of all the features .

I use an Apple iPhone 4. It was free with the new Verizon contract. Despite my general dislike for Apple, I like both my Macbook Pro (purchased mainly for recording) and my iPhone. The iMessage is pretty good, in my opinion. Facetime is always good for keeping in touch with my nephews.

LittleGloves

Finally I got my first smartphone about 3 months ago.

I got it online and it was pretty hard to find since it's only available in the North America. And it's also one of the high range qwerty smartphones and we all know it's pretty extinct now.

It's not high end if you compare it to the 2014 phones but it gets the job done.

11-13-2011captivatehands-on.jpg