What kinds of people are you attracted to?

Rembrandt Broam

Lol...ok, from my pov I find myself kind of ugly.

Well I guess we'll just have to accept that your ability to judge female beauty is flawed. I suppose even you have to have some tiny little faults. ;)

If I considered myself pretty and was certain others did as well I think I would be unhappy that attention was paid to me for something superficial and from no real merit I possessed.

Maybe if that was the only reason people paid attention to you yes, but you have far more than just your looks going for you.

Pookah

I think I would worry that if I "let myself go" all of a sudden I would be dropped without notice. I think its an SA distrust type of thing. I don't like the thought that if I had been born disfigured or become that way later in life that the people around me would never know/forget who I am inside...never give me a chance.

Not that anyone gives me a chance now. :p

But you get what I mean I hope. Sometimes I wish what was inside really determined our outward appearance. It would be interesting at the very least to see the extremes. How many beautiful people would turn into lepers and how many unfortunate folk would become stunning to look at.

beals

But you get what I mean I hope. Sometimes I wish what was inside really determined our outward appearance. It would be interesting at the very least to see the extremes. How many beautiful people would turn into lepers and how many unfortunate folk would become stunning to look at.

Omg. I want this to happen right now. How amazing would that be? Well, not so amazing for people who are awful inside lol.

Oh, and your eyebrows are stunning. Just thought you'd like to know they have an admirer ;)

moni10

anyway I'm not attracted to extremely confident guys.I just can't stand the boost of confidence in a guy

arsenalwa

I think I would worry that if I "let myself go" all of a sudden I would be dropped without notice. I think its an SA distrust type of thing. I don't like the thought that if I had been born disfigured or become that way later in life that the people around me would never know/forget who I am inside...never give me a chance.

That'd be incredibly interesting. Reminds me of "The Picture of Dorian Gray" in a way.

Last edited:

Pookah

Omg. I want this to happen right now. How amazing would that be? Well, not so amazing for people who are awful inside lol.

Oh, and your eyebrows are stunning. Just thought you'd like to know they have an admirer ;)

Thank you. I have had a few compliments for them. *wiggles brows* I suppose I am just not ready to pluck them into oblivion like most of my female family members do to theirs.

Waybuloo

Lol silly people. I'm kind of glad I'm not very attractive. I would hate to be liked for that and not for who I am.

You are not plastic and not the type to rely on makeup to look attractive if that's what you mean. I do think you are naturally attractive no matter what you think, and you might attract guys with a more refined taste :)

Waybuloo

Some of the criteria that guys have on here, makes me kinda relieved that I never got invovled in the dating game in the past - I think that would've just crushed me.

Pookah

Some of the criteria that guys have on here, makes me kinda relieved that I never got invovled in the dating game in the past - I think that would've just crushed me.

It is an eye opener to be sure. It is hard to know if this is the way the majority of men feel though.

Thank you for the compliment, btw. ::eek::

Rembrandt Broam

What criteria do you mean? There seems to be a very wide range of "tastes" from both men and women.

Waybuloo

What criteria do you mean? There seems to be a very wide range of "tastes" from both men and women.

Well by criteria, it doesn't necessarily mean looks, although that seems to feature a lot, ::p:, but sometimes it's specific things. I've even read from some guys' confession special in a magazine that some of them have broken up with girlfriends over something trife and superficial, I just don't think I could handle such fickleness, or people wiht specific tastes. At the same time I wouldn't want a guy who would just take anyone. So hence, the dating game is complicated to me, and I am not one to jump in ::p:

Rembrandt Broam

Well by criteria, it doesn't necessarily mean looks, although that seems to feature a lot, ::p:, but sometimes it's specific things. I've even read from some guys' confession special in a magazine that some of them have broken up with girlfriends over something trife and superficial, I just don't think I could handle such fickleness, or people wiht specific tastes.

Well that's true, but there are silly and fickle people of both sexes. I think that part of the dating game is weeding those people out and finding the good ones. I'd like to think the good ones (or potentially good ones) outweigh the fickle and shallow ones.

At the same time I wouldn't want a guy who would just take anyone. So hence, the dating game is complicated to me, and I am not one to jump in ::p:

Yeah it can be a bit of a minefield I suppose. But if you don't take risks or put yourself out there, then you don't get to reap the potential rewards of finding someone who is just right for you. :)

Shy_Gurl2007

Nerdy guys are the best! If they have tattoos too, then that would be a bonus. My boyfriend is the perfect combination of nerdy and edgy.

Rembrandt Broam

I think I would worry that if I "let myself go" all of a sudden I would be dropped without notice. I think its an SA distrust type of thing.

Anyone who would do that isn't worth your time in the first place.

I don't like the thought that if I had been born disfigured or become that way later in life that the people around me would never know/forget who I am inside...never give me a chance.

It's trying to filter out those people that are only interested in your for shallow reasons - whether that's looks, money, what you can do for them, etc. All those things can be "lost", and the hardest thing is working out who would still stick around if they did disappear. But I don't think that people can hide their true nature long term, and as you get to know people you can usually start to figure out those who genuinely like you for who you are, not what you are.

Well I don't know about that. ::p:

That would be a very cool thing to see. :cool:

Waybuloo

Well that's true, but there are silly and fickle people of both sexes. I think that part of the dating game is weeding those people out and finding the good ones. I'd like to think the good ones (or potentially good ones) outweigh the fickle and shallow ones.

Yeah it can be a bit of a minefield I suppose. But if you don't take risks or put yourself out there, then you don't get to reap the potential rewards of finding someone who is just right for you. :)

Yes that's a risk i'm willing to live with :) I also have more time freed up for more productive and rewarding things in my life.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Sometimes I wish what was inside really determined our outward appearance. It would be interesting at the very least to see the extremes.

Ok so I have this messed-up theory about that but no one here knows how crazy I really am yet so I'm not going to go too deep into that...

But doesn't anyone agree with Hume anymore, that beauty is through the eye of the beholder? I'm not talking about "Hotness", that's a more measurable trait (Weight, make-up, ect...). We are all born looking a certain way, and I think we look that way for some reason. It's so subjective, and the only reason people think Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox are looked at the way they are 1) We are told to think that way about them and 2) At some point in time (long ago) someone decided (probably very egocentric) that the people he found attractive we're the attractive ones and the more one deviated from his/her ideal beauty the less beautiful they were.

Everyone should be the most beautiful person in the world to someone (Soulmates?) with complete sincerity on both sides. Somewhere along the way that was skewed.

Sorry if I just ranted and sounded a little nuts, I never really get to tell people my ideas...

I'm sorry if I ranted there a little

fitftw

I disagree with the "somebody for everybody" theory you got going there from Hume. Actually, I don't disagree but I don't agree either. It's impossible to prove or disprove.

I disagree with the "somebody for everybody" theory you got going there from Hume. Actually, I don't disagree but I don't agree either. It's impossible to prove or disprove.

So you are neutral, then?
Mind burning: Hard to follow with all those disagrees and agrees, prove and disprove. Good show.

My two cents: Jolie, don't like. Fox, better, but whatever. Understood used as example. I am neutral to the rest.

Jake123

Banned
There is somebody for everyone. Unfortunately, your "someone" might be a 600 pound mentally disabled Nigerian hermaphrodite.