what is your meaning?

chibiXphantom

what is the meaning of your life?
what is it that you truly want in life?
what are some things you enjoy?
what are things you hope to achieve, see, or do in life?

do you want happiness?
do you want love?
do you want a family?
do you want power?
do you want money?
do you want to create?
do you want to learn all you can?
do you want to see the world?
do you want to experience as much as you can?
do you want a career to be your passion and meaning?
do you want to help others?
something else?

your life is your story. what do you want it to be about?

i think what i want in life is happiness, love, to create, to learn, and experience what life has to offer.

Creeda145

Life is not a bed of roses and I believe in destiny..ups and downs are part of life, keeping patience bring power..

grapevine

What a great thread!

Something to really think about, even when we get depressed. I always have to look to the future no matter how bad depression gets- even when Im entertaining hateful beliefs of myself- ; in the after-mass of as low as you can express those ill feelings out- at the bottom of that there is always hope and these questions.

Right now- for this year I am happy to know what I want - and when I think I will achieve those things I want. One of the most general goals I have for this year has been to actually be social and I am finding that ACTUALLY being social has opened up a whole can of worms-insecurities for me- and rather than have them hiding in me for ever like I have done most of my life and been a hermit- I am dealing with each of them and having mindful patience - or going through and trying to overcome them.

love, happiness, creativity, and to help others. That is what I want for this year : )

hidwell

TBH I see absolutely no meaning to my life whatsoever, if things had been different then maybe my outlook would be too.

Hot_Tamale

What I really want is to shave my head, but every time I do I end up looking like a cross between a prison inmate, white supremacist, and army recruit. I play with my hair everywhere and brush my hands all over it, and I mean everywhere! At school, at work, while driving, while brushing my teeth, while taking a shower. It's part of my OCD and it's been there for years! There are most places where I can't wear my hat. I'll look like Walter White from Breaking Bad several decades down the road if I still have a shaved head, I just know it.

mantishugo

This is a thread I want to visit every day, to ask myself these question and become more specific what I really want from my life. I want to improve people life. I'm on my half way there by providing people organic juice and health supplements. I don't know yet how to get there 100% so that I can be satisfied with my life.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
what is the meaning of your life?
what is it that you truly want in life?
what are some things you enjoy?
what are things you hope to achieve, see, or do in life?

do you want happiness?
do you want love?
do you want a family?
do you want power?
do you want money?
do you want to create?
do you want to learn all you can?
do you want to see the world?
do you want to experience as much as you can?
do you want a career to be your passion and meaning?
do you want to help others?
something else?

your life is your story. what do you want it to be about?

i think what i want in life is happiness, love, to create, to learn, and experience what life has to offer.

Ah don't know really... Happiness, help others, and a career to be my passion an meaning I suppose. At least, then yer doin' summit love to do. Those will do me. And if not happiness, then to be content would be grand.

Ma disability kinda hinders me quite a bit, so ah can't really give answers to yer other question. Love...? Well, kinda hard to want that when ye felt neglected and unloved by yer parents most of yer life.

What I really want is to shave my head, but every time I do I end up looking like a cross between a prison inmate, white supremacist, and army recruit. I play with my hair everywhere and brush my hands all over it, and I mean everywhere! At school, at work, while driving, while brushing my teeth, while taking a shower. It's part of my OCD and it's been there for years! There are most places where I can't wear my hat. I'll look like Walter White from Breaking Bad several decades down the road if I still have a shaved head, I just know it.

If it's been bothered you so much for years. Then just shave it, don't worry aboot the possible comparisons. Or keep it short so ye don't feel tempted to play with yer hair. Ah know, easier said than done.

Ah shaved ma head a year ago cuz of ma receding hairline and really bothering me everytime ah looked in the mirror. And ah'd play witn it as well, like you, Tamale. Huv'nae looked back since, thougfh. And couldnae give a f*** what ah look like, to be honest. Stupid or otherwise, ah did for me.

Plus, it'll grow back after a few months, anyway, if ye decided to give the head shave another go but aren't happy with it. :thumbup:

That's just ma take on what ye said, anyway.

TheNomad

I think this a lot of the times and end up saying I don't know. But still, right now I would want a job I will be content with. And love would be great too without feeling over excited and anxious.

S_Spartan

To not give a f*** about anything, the ultimate bliss. I'm getting there, I'm getting there. Takes years to undo the conditioning.

ZenRain

I really just want to have an good time, and, although it is corny, I want to be a good friend and help others when I can.

squidgee

what is the meaning of your life? Being happy and enjoying whatever good things come my way I guess. I don't really search for some higher meaning in life.
what is it that you truly want in life? Good company and a relaxed lifestyle free of drama and worry where I can engage in my own interests.
what are some things you enjoy? Reading, traveling, movies, video games. Pretty unremarkable hobbies, but important ones to me at least.
what are things you hope to achieve, see, or do in life? Don't really have any big ambitions to leave my mark on the world or anything like that. Friends, family and hobbies are enough for me. I guess I'd like to be in better shape as well, so there's that. Actually now that I think about it, I think achieving independence is my main goal for now.

do you want happiness? Yes
do you want love? Doesn't everyone?
do you want a family? I have a family, not an ideal family though.
do you want power? If we're talking about authoritative power and being in a higher position, then probably no. Greater authority generally means greater responsibility, and I don't really want that.
do you want money? Well, more money is rarely a bad thing, so yes?
do you want to create? Depends on what I'm creating.
do you want to learn all you can? Only if I find it interesting, useful or relevant, otherwise I'm not going to be actively trying to learn new things.
do you want to see the world? Yeah sure
do you want to experience as much as you can? The whole spectrum of what I could possibly experience? Including the good and the bad? Not sure about that.
do you want a career to be your passion and meaning? Do I want my entire life centered around my career? No. Do I want it to be engaging and not a bore? Yes.
do you want to help others? I don't actively seek out other people to lend a hand, but I'm generally willing to help if they request it.

Last edited: