What do you think of people who like to dig up old threads?

Pick one of the following:

• They suck.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • They stink.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They eat babies.

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
What, no option for they're awesome? There's a lot of interesting stuff on this site that you can only find by searching on some term or browsing endlessly. If it gets dredged up out of the depths that can be a good thing. Unless they accidentally try to continue a conversation that's 2 years old. In which case it's kind of funny.

princess_haru

Aw, I've done it once or twice, does that mean I'm a stinky baby-eater? ::p: I haven't ever done the thing meatcake mentioned though where someone randomly replies to a comment from 500 years ago! Lol, it's pretty funny when that happens :D Just now and again you come across a thread that's amazing and deserved to be resurrected.

Zombie threads, woo! :cool:

Lea

Banned
What´s wrong with digging up old threads? I think it´s rather good when the threads are interesting or they have something interesting to say to that subject. It´s good that people read old threads, just because they are a bit out of date doesn´t mean they are no more relevant.

Perfidion

Vote: They eat babies.

As someone who doesn't particularly like babies, this can only be a good thing.

Actually there were some interesting threads from 2-3 months ago that didn't get many replies - it's like they sank into oblivion before anyone got to contribute to them. So I'm gonna resurrect some of them :) Um, but it'll have to wait till later.

I really like it! All these interesting topics...it's the same as starting a new thread about a topic but it has some previous responses, which makes it all the more interesting!

Why not if the topic is still relevant, why create more threads for people to sift through if they're basically covering the same subject? I mean, I think it's silly when people respond to or try to continue a conversation from too long ago, but maybe it could still be relevant for others reading if not for the op.

gsmax5

I really like it! All these interesting topics...it's the same as starting a new thread about a topic but it has some previous responses, which makes it all the more interesting!

EXACTLY! That's why I love digging up old threads!

Ashiene

old threads can be really interesting too. why do people dig up the past (archaeology)? to understand the past. we dig up old threads because there are some good ones which have been forgotten.

mmmm

If someone had a problem 2 years ago that I'm having now, I'd love to dig it up to see what new suggestions get posted.

JS86

I definitely don't mind is someone digs up an old thread, especially if it is relevant. I must admit when joining a new message board I tend to go through some older topics and reply to those that interest me. I am a natural lurker, so it is very hard for me to get involved in the "community" that is the message board by only staying to current topics, as I will then very likely post only on rare occasions.

Fighter86

Opps, I'm definately guilty of this. Its not so much that I like digging up old threads, but I have nothing to do so I just go though all the threads and read and reply to them if I have anything to contribute.