What do you think of me? (pictures)

You're pretty, actually you're really pretty, i would be really nervous around you - its a compliment.

i found myself with a question drifting in my mind, why would you think you look guyish?

i ask you this because, yesterday somebody toldme i was beautiful - which didn't made a scratch in my self esteem , i still think i'm below average - but once a girl told me i have a gay "way" and i started obsessing about the way i walked and talked and looked, that really got me. and ultimatelly it wasn't true and she was only being mean to me - why i don't know.

my point is, its so much harder to accept a sincere compliment then a lying offence.

Well i guess it's because of bullying. cuz in the past I had short hair , and at school they were saying that I looked like a boy and they were calling me weird names. So that's why I guess.. I still have issues with that.

And I can understand that it really got you. People can be so mean. :/

yup you got nice eyebrows

I agree

but we live in such a superficial society where women are looked at through a microscope while men can basically get away with being slobs and looking like mess.

Which is why we see women starving themselves to death and getting plastic surgery.

I also think suicide is higher amongst women (I may be wrong though)

I seen a thread about Lauryn hill on another forum recently where she's at some event and her eyebrows were unplucked. The comments they wrote about her were so cruel. Jessica Simpson and Tyra banks gained a few pounds a couple years ago and it was actually NEWS WORTHY to these people. It's really unfortunate the way the media (and men) treat women who don't abide by the superficial and unrealistic/unnatural standard.

in a way I kinda reinforced that with my suggestion of plucking, either way she looks nice.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Saskia--I think I've told you you're pretty before, but I'll be more specific. I think you look best in normal lighting, at a normal angle, and wearing less (or no) make up.

I too believe that women look better without the warpaint. A woman not covered in make-up looks more real, more like a woman instead of a cartoon of a woman, so is prettier to me.

LaLaLa

You look sweet and feminine. :) And I like how you don't have those ridiculous drawn-on thin eyebrowes.

I_jailed_me

I am wondering if telling a girl that she is beautiful will only give her more reasons to be shy and self-conscious because beauty does make you self conscious when men stare at you!

I dont know what to say other than saskia is beautiful the way you are and you could do without the make up. Your naturally good looking.

Saskia--I think I've told you you're pretty before, but I'll be more specific. I think you look best in normal lighting, at a normal angle, and wearing less (or no) make up.

I too believe that women look better without the warpaint. A woman not covered in make-up looks more real, more like a woman instead of a cartoon of a woman, so is prettier to me.

Thank you very much! :)
yeah woman mostly camouflage themselfes with Make up.But i'm glad you people like the way I am without make up,
Maybe I should start believing it myself. And just show the natural way of my face.
My mom always tells me, to only use make up at parties, or when I go to a event.
But it's just that I feel better with make up on.

Last edited:

Masychefx2

Banned
I agree

but we live in such a superficial society where women are looked at through a microscope while men can basically get away with being slobs and looking like mess.

haha if only that were true!!

men are under more pressure than ever to look good

Uber Schnitzel

I agree

I also don't agree here. While in terms of make-up, sure men don't have to worry about that but in most other respects, yeah, the pressure is very much there. It's not exactly like men in the media are "slobs" and "look like a mess" Don't believe for one second that a man will tell you the truth about how long it takes them to get ready either. "Oh yeah I just rolled out of bed and stuck on a clean shirt" - we wish.

Luthien

You look so lovely without make-up! When I was a teen and I wore a lot of make-up, whenever I would go without it, my face looked totally weird. But then I stopped wearing it and after that I looked weird when I did! It's all perception and habit. You see yourself with make-up everyday, so without it doesn't look right. But the same would be true if you stopped wearing it.

Personally, I just think make-up is fun. I like painting my face all crazy like an art project, and I don't see much point in make-up that is supposed to look like it's not there. The only make-up I'd use often is eyeliner, other than that, I used to paint my face when I would go to parties and wear crazy costumes. It was actually really awesome, like wearing a mask. I could pretend to be someone else and people never recognized me later :)

I also don't agree here. While in terms of make-up, sure men don't have to worry about that but in most other respects, yeah, the pressure is very much there. It's not exactly like men in the media are "slobs" and "look like a mess" Don't believe for one second that a man will tell you the truth about how long it takes them to get ready either. "Oh yeah I just rolled out of bed and stuck on a clean shirt" - we wish.

have you ever seen rap videos in the past 15 years?

If the Notorious B.I.G was a girl (like the main character in The movie Precious) he wouldn't have had all those members of the opposite sex falling over him and begging to have sex with him.

biggie-crown.jpg

"heartthrob never, black and ugly as ever" - a lyric from Biggie Small's own mouth...

yet he STILL got women like this

Lil Kim
album-hard-core.jpg

Faith Evans
Faith+Evans+%28Keep+The+Faith+book+cover%29.jpg

Charli Baltimore
Charli+Baltimore+sorted+304.jpg

we definitely have it easier than women. What men do you know are dying to get next to that girl from the movie Precious?

Last edited:

Felgen

have you ever seen rap videos in the past 15 years?

If the Notorious B.I.G was a girl (like the main character in The movie Precious) he wouldn't have had all those members of the opposite sex falling over him and begging to have sex with him.

we definitely have it easier than women. What men do you know are dying to get next to that girl from the movie Precious?

Have you ever seen a fat, unattractive man that's not rich, famous or "cool" with a beautiful girl? If you don't have fame, money or great social skills, you have to be good-looking to get a girl. My dates went much better after I lost some weight and started caring more about my appearance.

I know about several unattractive girls that are in successful relationships as well, by the way.

LadyWench

I think you're incredibly pretty. Especially WITHOUT the make-up. With it, you of course look nice. But without it, we can see your natural beauty. I don't think you look guyish at all. To me, it looks like you're rather feminine. You also have lovely eyes.

mongrin1

good stuff.

if we were at the same party, i would be glancing over a lot and asking people about you (since i am too scared to talk to girls on my own).

WorldEndsWithMe

You have a kind smile and you look nice with or without makeup.

I've seen good looking women with unattractive, fat men who were neither cool nor rich. Though, I have to say that I've seen more average, decent or even attractive men with heavier women than vice versa. According to my husband, he's seen more attractive women with fat guys.

I think that sounds about right. Women probably notice when girls that maybe at first glance are unattractive or heavy are with attractive men because they think "why isn't that me? How did she get him? What's wrong with me?" or something along those lines. Flip the situation with men. Nice looking girl, not so nice looking guy, it's just a why? situation.

I think a lot of asian guys are very attractive, but I feel they don't like white girls, so whenever I see a white girl with an asian guy I really notice it because I wonder, why not me?

Last edited: