what do you say when a girl says "will you go out with me"?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I'd like to say I smoothly and suavely say something like "Of course--I'd love to!"

Historically, I'm more stare blankly, not quite comprehending what I was just asked. Or become immediately suspicious, or otherwise react like an idiot.

Why do you ask?

That really depends on who the girl was, and what 'going out' meant. I don't really do the romance thing unless I know there's a foundation for it. But I'll hang out with pretty much any friend.

OceanMist

This can be complicated if she's a tweener (you aren't sure if you like her enough to date her for whatever reason). If she's a tweener I'd say yeah and see how it goes.

If you aren't interested in her at all when she asks you out, that would be awkward. I've had women ask me out in online dating that I didn't like and last time I said something like "I'm taking a break from people for a while because I'm having personal problems." That line is good because it stops her from digging further and isn't as hurtful as something like "I don't want to date you, sorry."

If you like her, well that's a no-brainer. Say yes, and try and be bold and even propose a place and time to meet her at. Women love a man who takes charge.

Depends a tad bit on her looks and a whole lot on her attitude. Well, used to. Now I just say "sorry babe, I'm married."

im just saying what everyone was thinking....I am a fat girl myself so im not slating anyone for being fat, I tend to lean towards the chubbier guys anyway people who are like myself...im just putting it out there incase anyone thought my last comment was insensitive.

If you like her then say yes, and see how it goes you can always call it off if you find out you don't like her, or if you don't like her say im really sorry but I just don't like you like that but I am interested in being friends.

TailsAlone

I wouldn't know. It's never come up.

I guess if a girl did ask, I would politely decline. I'm not interested in romance like I used to be.

Odo

Banned
I'd say 'wait a minute... why am I back in elementary school?'

Or I guess I might think it was cute... but I'd probably suspect that she hadn't had too many relationships. Not because she's asking, but because nobody over the age of 16 really says things like that.

ITcrowdfan

if shes not fat and a minger than id say yes but if she is a fattie id say no...just saying.

Nothing wrong with "fat" girls, some of the nicest and most attractive girls I've known have been on the larger side, it just depends on the individual. Look at Adele for example - she's gorgeous, not to mention extremely talented!

BTW, what's a minger? :)