What do you dream about doing "someday"??

Kat

I would like to save up some money and do a few more courses.
I would like to take a course in English and brush up on that. Even though I’m from an English speaking country my education has been pretty bad in that regard. I sort of like writing my English teachers thought it was good but my grammar and punctuation sucks. I would also like to do a baking course. I’m hoping to start my own business someday but I’m not sure in what yet.

I would like to save up some money and do a few more courses.
I would like to take a course in English and brush up on that. Even though I’m from an English speaking country my education has been pretty bad in that regard. I sort of like writing my English teachers thought it was good but my grammar and punctuation sucks. I would also like to do a baking course. I’m hoping to start my own business someday but I’m not sure in what yet.

That's lovely ideas. My Portuguese sucks also, but there's more for lack of motivation when I was young then anything else. Read as much as you can is probably the best way to improve. Read, Read, Read. About the baking couse, I don't you try to work at won for awhile? Is not the best place to work, but u can learn a lot. Or a home business!

Kat

That's lovely ideas. My Portuguese sucks also, but there's more for lack of motivation when I was young then anything else. Read as much as you can is probably the best way to improve. Read, Read, Read. About the baking couse, I don't you try to work at won for awhile? Is not the best place to work, but u can learn a lot. Or a home business!

Yeah, I can definitely relate to that. I have only had the drive to do in the recent years because of no choice really and the alternative isn’t much fun. I guess we all have some regrets but there’s no time like the present as they say. Thanks for tips. I will try so fingers crossed.

MikeyC

I want to swim with dolphins, haha...but first I gotta learn how to swim!
I don't know how to swim that much, either. I know enough to get by and not one iota more. Coming from Australia that's not very good. I'm sure there are courses you could attend if you wanted to learn. :)

I dream of owning my own business.
Never again to be used and abused by a boss in a job I can't leave because I need the money to eat and have a roof over my head.
Doubt it will ever happen though. Unless they figure out how to give people brain transplants.::p::rolleyes:

coyote

Never again to be used and abused by a boss in a job I can't leave because I need the money to eat and have a roof over my head.
Doubt it will ever happen though. Unless they figure out how to give people brain transplants.::p::rolleyes:

not everyone is a born businessman. i'm not sure about there, but around here there are a number of organizations that offer low or no cost business education classes and counseling for prospective entrepeneurs - maybe you can check into that

not everyone is a born businessman. i'm not sure about there, but around here there are a number of organizations that offer low or no cost business education classes and counseling for prospective entrepeneurs - maybe you can check into that

hmmm, I will check that out and see if there is anything similiar here. I knew a guy years back who said finding a great accountant can really make a big difference to a business too. But then I fear my lack of social skills would ruin the whole thing eventually anyway.:rolleyes:

coyote

hmmm, I will check that out and see if there is anything similiar here. I knew a guy years back who said finding a great accountant can really make a big difference to a business too. But then I fear my lack of social skills would ruin the whole thing eventually anyway.:rolleyes:

that's my dream, too - being self-employed

also...

building my own boat
then living on it
and sailing around the world
preferably with an agreeable, adventurous, female companion

that's my dream, too - being self-employed

also...

building my own boat
then living on it
and sailing around the world
preferably with an agreeable, adventurous, female companion

um....what would you do if half-way through your around the world sailing trip the "agreeable" female became unagreeable!? :D

razzle dazzle rose

I don't know how to swim that much, either. I know enough to get by and not one iota more. Coming from Australia that's not very good. I'm sure there are courses you could attend if you wanted to learn. :)

There are a lot of beaches here, so people are surprised to learn I don't know how to swim. I wanted to take lessons when I was younger but sort of forgot about it. I suppose it is never too late to learn :D

Cycling? You are defintely missing the wind in your face. A great experience. Perhaps someone could teach you?

My boyfriend wants to teach me but I am scared of falling and breaking a bone (and I don't have health insurance :eek: ) It looks like fun though, and I am considering getting a bike (with a little basket in the front and everything). I don't drive so having a bike can help me get around (and help me drop those last 10 pounds!)

Ah, yes, that would be the dream! Like a bakery or something.

So, I need to learn how to swim, ride a bike...and bake! I'd like to learn French too (and visit Paris!)

MikeyC

There are a lot of beaches here, so people are surprised to learn I don't know how to swim. I wanted to take lessons when I was younger but sort of forgot about it. I suppose it is never too late to learn :D
Same here, but this is Australia so that's expected. Taking lessons would be good and you'll learn in no time. I can't imagine it'll take too long and you'll gain a lot of confidence in the water. :)

Planes? Or helicopters? Do you have a fear of flying?

Wow! I wanted to do something like that with Thailand. I have a thing for islands and places in the Pacific ocean.
It looks great, doesn't it? I will be doing that one day. I think it'll be the tour of a lifetime. I hope you get to do something similar yourself. :)

Kiwong

I dream too much. Think too much...with little action. The things I dream of doing some day are actually doable and relatively normal which is kinda sad ('cause I don't give it my all to make them happen and they actually could happen, eh). I just want my own place...to feel stable enough to start a family...have friends to do things with...a job that makes me feel useful. And experience more. I just want more experiences. I want to swim with dolphins, haha...but first I gotta learn how to swim!

I learnt to swim as an adult, when I was 47, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before. I took some adult learn to swim lessons, also bought a book, and researched how to breathe in water (putting my face in the wash basin and learning how to blow bubbles out my nose. With water surface tension water doesn't flood in your nose and drown you!). I also learnt how to go into a survival position, where you roll on your back and float, to have a rest when tired, and the roll on your front and swim again after a rest. I went from not being to swim 10 metres to swimming 900 metres. Now I can run again I don't swim any more.

bcsr

Career wise... I want to be a cop, simple as that. It's what I've wanted to be since I was 12.
For the rest... I want to meet the right girl, get married, have kids, and spend the rest of my life making theirs better.

I have humble dreams that will probably never come true.