What are you proud of?

For me it's difficult to tell you guys what I'm really proud of, cuz I don't think I have many good skills. But if you would ask me about what I'm proud of, then my answer would be this:

I'm proud of my crazy, weird and sometimes open-minded interests. I'm glad that I'm multilingual. I'm proud that I've never been a hanger-on. I'm glad that I'm not like most average people, although I ****ing hate it that I have social phobia. I don't follow the mainstream. I'm proud that I'm not someone who would judge people very easily. I'm proud that I barely have prejudices. I'm proud that I'm not narrow-minded. I'm glad that I have a lot of knowledge about cultures and (ancient) history. For the rest I accept people for who they are, unless they're rude, scums, racial or anti-social.

WelshOne

Hmm. I'm proud of never taking drugs (other than what I have been prescribed by my doctor.) And also of being able to start college this year, even if it is a tiny college.

And I'm proud to have certain people in my life.

im not proud of myself for anything anymore. im ****ing worthless

Of course you're going to feel like a failure if you believe that you should be successful academically or that you should be social. You don't have to be either of those two things. What you have is the basic human value that makes you worthy of unconditional love, understanding and forgiveness. You owe it to yourself to give yourself that unconditional love, understanding and be forgiving of yourself. I realize that often times we validate ourselves through other people's standards or society's standards. So what if you cannot live up to someone else's standards. Don't make the world's standards your own. Do something that will make you happy. This is what will eventually bring you self-contentment and pride.

--------------------------------------------------

P+G

I'm proud that I have a thing for art. I was always known as the girl who's good at art and even after primary and high school, I've still got it. ;) Hopefully..

2ate

I am proud of the fact I know I have SA and I still go on with my life despite this perceived set back. Yes other people can refute my challenge with their own but it won't change things for me. I have SA and I can still function adequately. Minus my fear of dating. Most other parts of my life I can handle well.

Honda

im proud im smarter and confident in marketing things and job interviews and work hard in the office and always want to move ahead in life.. People consider me a special person and respect me..

I'm proud of finishing my senior year of high school online because I was going through a lot of sh*t with my family at the time that made it extremely difficult to concentrate on schoolwork. I'm also proud of getting a scholarship, making good grades in college, and being the first person in my family to actually go to college. heh If it weren't for school I would be proud of nada.

U

userremoved

I'm proud that I was able to serve in the Airforce despite my confidence problems and I'm proud of my sister who has been an encouragement to me.

Walk

Like other people here, I'm proud of a few things in life. It's this pride/happiness that helps me push forward every day and distracts me from bad thoughts, which at worst are suicidal.

-Proud that I am a fairly educated person on a variety of subjects. I can hold a decent conversation about history, geography, martial arts, and a few other subjects. Too bad most people aren't interested; these topics are a few of the things I can open up to easily.
-Proud that I am appreciative of my country and also my heritage.
-Proud that I taught myself much of my education.
-Proud that I have finished over 60 units of basic college education.
-Proud that I have somehow taught myself a great deal of French during the past five months.
-Proud that I have developed my own set of morals without the need of superstition.
-Proud that I have gotten a decent hair cut lol. Seriously, I am though.

Good thread.

Last edited: