Well hullo thar.

Cosmotastic

A place with people I have something in common with. For once. Yey!

Maybe I'm not the only one with Social Phobia afterall.

Hi, I'm Caitlin. I'm 17 years old and from Scotland :)

Basically I'd always been an anxious child, by age 7 I was reading best before dates, but I was always happy being the quiet one, until I got to high school and suffered bullying for 3 years. It completely ruined my life to be honest. I know I'm only young but I feel like it did. Ever since then I've retreated so much into myself I have basically no friends, can't look anyone in the eye and want to burst into tears around people. The only place I feel happy is my house. I've went to therapy for about 2 years, but it's basically done nothing for me so I quit recently since I'd have to move to an adult clinic anyway. Also on prozac, does eff all but my mum insists I stay on it. Bleh.

Welcome to the wonderful life of me!

Some positives? I'm all about art and I hope to start a BsC Hons in Animation in September. :D

Devrium

hi! Welcome to SPW Caitlin. You are definitely in like company! I hope you find this site as fantastic and helpful as I have. These people are wonderful =D

Cosmotastic

Thank you :D

I always feel like people don't take me seriously. Often told to just "get over it" :/
Hopefully people here can, you know, actually be supportive.

lunarla

hai thur to you too! I can relate a bunch to your circumstances! I'm 17, and will be 18 in just a few days. And though I've never really suffered bullying from outward instances, I bring myself down a lot in my own mind. My home has become relatively the only place I can feel comfortable. I've been in counseling twice as well! I stopped going the second time because, although she meant well, it wasn't really doing too much for me overall. And I, like you, would have to be going to an adult clinic too now.

Your ambition is really great though! Best of luck to you with that! And welcome :)

Cosmotastic

Awesome, happy early birthday then! :D My school is full of idiots. I got picked on for being quiet which made me even more quiet. I was probably targeted all the time because they knew I'd never answer back. God, I wish I had. But, alas, what is in the past is in the past.

Thank you and thanks for the welcome lunarla :)

philly2bits

Thank you :D

I always feel like people don't take me seriously. Often told to just "get over it" :/
Hopefully people here can, you know, actually be supportive.

Welcome. You'll find people here are supportive. Statements like "just get over it" are a thing of the past. :)

DeathMetal

Welcome to the forums Caitlin! Like you I was also picked on back in my school days, and I think that made me crawl even deeper into my shell. I have had social anxiety my entire life though, even as a young child. Maybe I was just born messed up somehow.

LadyWench

Welcome to the forums, madam. I hope you enjoy it here and this site can offer some help. :) You seem like a nice gal.