Weather reports, please!

We got about an inch and a half of snow last night and by this morning (yesterday morning, I guess), it was all gone. I don't trust this weather.

MikeyC

Raining heavily, and will rain for the next 3 days or so. Already reports of localised flooding. Bring it on.

Raining heavily, and will rain for the next 3 days or so. Already reports of localised flooding. Bring it on.

oh! I hope it does not flood too bad around where you live Mikey.

It's been so damn hot and humid here non-stop over this past month that it's starting to make me sick most afternoons :s

MikeyC

oh! I hope it does not flood too bad around where you live Mikey.
It is flooding a little bit, but not too much. The real test will be tomorrow, I reckon. Parts of the main highway intersecting this region are apparently already under water. I will try not to drive through that!

It's been so damn hot and humid here non-stop over this past month that it's starting to make me sick most afternoons :s
I'm sorry to hear that. Too much heat can cause people to be unwell. Stay cool.

NOAA says there is a 100% chance of thunderstorms, but I've only seen a little bit of lightning.

Sadly, I don't think we'll be getting any more snow. I know that makes a lot of people happy, but it only really snowed twice this winter. That's just not right. ::(:

Phoenixx

NOAA says there is a 100% chance of thunderstorms, but I've only seen a little bit of lightning.

Sadly, I don't think we'll be getting any more snow. I know that makes a lot of people happy, but it only really snowed twice this winter. That's just not right. ::(:
^ It's only snowed twice this winter here too, but I think you guys still got more than we did.

I didn't think it would snow again, but it's actually snowing right now. When I checked the weather this morning, it said there was supposed to be freezing rain today. I'm right next to the window in the library and it's like a blizzard out there at the moment. :eek: Wish I had my camera to take a picture. :p

coyote

we got six inches of snow last night

with freezing rain on top of it this morning

like driving through a snow-cone

i managed to make it to work in one piece

MikeyC

It's been raining for about 28 hours straight now. Flooding is occurring. Our house is fine but the yard is a little squelchy. Awesome!

It's been raining for about 28 hours straight now. Flooding is occurring. Our house is fine but the yard is a little squelchy. Awesome!

oooh, that sounds pretty bad! Do you have somewhere safe to go if the water does start to come into your house? I read in the news that they are urging people down there not to travel anywhere on Friday because all the rainwater will be coming down the waterways by then causing the worst of the flooding :/

MikeyC

oooh, that sounds pretty bad! Do you have somewhere safe to go if the water does start to come into your house? I read in the news that they are urging people down there not to travel anywhere on Friday because all the rainwater will be coming down the waterways by then causing the worst of the flooding :/
Luckily for us we're at the top of an inclined road, so all the water would rush down to the bottom. It's not really bad here, it's just that the grass everywhere is waterlogged. It's worse inland a bit where they're getting pounded. There's not really anywhere else for us to go if it gets bad but I will be very surprised if it gets that bad.

Phoenixx

Yesterday was a very messy day. Along with that snow came the freezing rain, and my college city got hit really hard. Accidents were everywhere. Thankfully nothing serious, but my god it was awful. Walking from building to building was fun yesterday. :rolleyes: My town didn't get hit quite so bad, but still messy. I nearly fell on my rear getting out of the car and made the slowest trip to the mailbox so I wouldn't fall on my face.

Oh, we also had a thunder/lightning storm last night too. Lightning struck the cell tower and I haven't had service since late last night. Awesome. At least I still have my internet. :D

Now today it's supposed to be 40 degrees and cloudy and tomorrow 50 degrees and sunny (Monday was like that too). Four seasons in one week. Mother Nature needs to make up her mind.

We got about an inch of snow last night. By noon it was almost all gone. The next couple of days are going to be in the 60s. I can't much more of this back and forth weather. Plus I'm just waiting for a tornado to make an appearance.

Phoenixx

Finally, the warmest day we've had all year so far. It's up to 60 degrees today and it's sooo sunny and nice. :D

MikeyC

Raining. Like, all the time. There are still small chances of flooding here, but that's looking unlikely now. A lot of NSW is under water and some towns have been evacuated.

Iluv

Right now it's rainy and kind of cold. Weird weather one day it's sunny and nice out the next its pouring!