Unmotivated at home

JackOfSpades

When I'm outside and thinking to myself I get all these great ideas of what I should start doing with my time and what things I should devote to. Sometimes the scenery makes me hopeful and dream of better things to come, if I push myself in certain directions... But then I get home and nothing. It all seems to evaporate, and I feel aimless, bored, uncertain, and unmotivated. Anyone else have this?

cowboyup

absolutely!
I get outside, say, go to a park (I like to take photos as well as paint) and just watch the ducks, whatever. Or just go riding around in the car, music blasting, and I can think of all these things I should be doing and feel motivated to actually get off my butt and do something about my situation or whatever...then I get back at home and well, it ends.

so yes, I can relate.

Hope about in the shower? Ever get some ideas or motivation to do something then you totally forget once you get outta the shower?
I do that as well.

gazelle

Yes I can relate too. I’ve wasted a lot of time in my early twenties being bored, unmotivated and spending too much time on the internet instead of doing other productive activities. At least now that I’m 31 I realize that I don’t have time to waste anymore .The internet has now become a guilty pleasure for me!

jaim38

Actually, I feel more motivated at home. I can concentrate better, get more homework and studying done, and exercise more! But when I go outside, SA got the best of me. I remember I used to exercise outside at the park, running and jogging, but there were people looking at me like I'm crazy especially during the summer when it's like 100 degrees out there. Moreover, I'm too embarrassed to do yoga or other "weird" exercise moves out there for fear that people will point and laugh. When I'm studying in a room full of people, it also feels awkward and I end up being more aware of the people around me so I couldn't concentrate on my schoolwork.

EscapeArtist

yesyesyesyesyes! totally. Sometimes it's like i'm a completely different person outside the house. especially when i'm able to take a trip or something.

JackOfSpades

I used to think people who did things like work and read outside were doing it for the social aspects. But now I'm wondering if it's because they feel more inspired outside too.

Oton

I rarely leave my home so i guess i'm unmotivated all the time...

It also doesn't help i'm a gaming freak :O and have school at home.

Unspoken

I do my best work in little cafes or coffee shops. It's too easy to get distracted at home or just go lie in bed with my laptop and some YouTube. I was thinking of setting up an official workspace with some nice decoration to see if that helps.

crazycatlady27

yep here too, i go outside and think I CAN DO IT and then i think well if i can do this then i can do that, and then i shut the front door go into mom mode and it all justs get put on the backburner :(

JuiceB

When I'm outside and thinking to myself I get all these great ideas of what I should start doing with my time and what things I should devote to. Sometimes the scenery makes me hopeful and dream of better things to come, if I push myself in certain directions... But then I get home and nothing. It all seems to evaporate, and I feel aimless, bored, uncertain, and unmotivated. Anyone else have this?
I know exactly what you mean. During the day I use to get all these vivid ideas but when I come home from work all that creative energy vanishes and my mind goes blank.

laure15

I used to live in a dorm and I went out to various campus buildings everyday to study. I remember spending so much money on coffee, cafe lattes, hot chocolate, and junk food. So I would bring my own water bottles and snacks with me to study, but it's still more expensive than studying at home.

JackOfSpades

I've thought about doing some studying in the park or at cafés but I think this would stir my anxiety a little bit.

EscapeArtist

I've thought about doing some studying in the park or at cafés but I think this would stir my anxiety a little bit.

This sounds like a great idea. If it's really anxiety provoking, you could first try and make the spot familiar by doing little things there. People watching, having a coffee, reading the paper etc and then maybe trying to study there? I find this easier if I feel like I already have a "spot" planned out.