UK meetup?

What do you think of an SPW meetup in the UK?

• Total voters

rand0m_guy

What's SAUK - is it another support website like this one? I've seen it mentioned on here a few times now!

It is indeed. Busy, to. :)

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see where you lot end up. I wouldn't mind tagging along to a meet up at some point depending where it was, but I'd probably duck out at the last anyway.

I have a mental blockage when it comes to meeting people I've spoke with online as I don't like the idea of people having any pre-conceived notions about what I'm like. I'm sure it'd be okay once you got the first time out the way though. :)

I'll keep tabs on this thread as I say though. :cool:

princess_haru

Ah, thanks guys. I'll go have a look but probably won't make an account there as I've gotten attached to this place ;) I don't really like having too many accounts online as I get overwhelmed by it all and end up not posting on any of them, lol!

recluse

middle of the country, great transport links, lots of places of interest, pubs and cafes:

York

york.jpg

York is a lovely place and there's lot's of attractions there.

From where did you take that pic of York Minster? I took pictures from the top of the castle when i was there last.

princess_haru

Well my life's basically a big old mess at the moment (due to unexpected things that I really should've seen coming) and I'm gonna be busy trying to patch it together for the forseeable future, so I'm afraid I won't be able to attend any meetups for the next few months at least, but if any of you guys would like to take over and arrange something I think that'd be great, especially as so many people have voted that they're interested or possibly interested! I'll still be checking this thread though and haven't given up on the idea of attending a meetup at some point :)

SammyT

How about... someone with a Diazepam prescription posts out 3 pills to each person going to the meet. Then we can all just chill out wherever it wouldn't matter. Wow that would surely be the best group therapy ever haha!

worrywort

Well my life's basically a big old mess at the moment (due to unexpected things that I really should've seen coming) and I'm gonna be busy trying to patch it together for the forseeable future, so I'm afraid I won't be able to attend any meetups for the next few months at least, but if any of you guys would like to take over and arrange something I think that'd be great, especially as so many people have voted that they're interested or possibly interested! I'll still be checking this thread though and haven't given up on the idea of attending a meetup at some point :)

aaw thats a shame! I would have liked to have met you! ::(: but no worries! if things ever free up, let us know! :)

yea, I don't mind taking the reigns a little. Although I wouldn't want to dictate whatever people would like to do. I'm happy doing whatever really. I guess we just need to decide on a time and a place......erm....maybe what might be a good idea is if someone [I'm happy to do this] sets up a mailing list for anyone interested or possibly interested in a meetup. Then we can discuss possible locations and times just between ourselves. How does that sound?

princess_haru

aaw thats a shame! I would have liked to have met you! ::(: but no worries! if things ever free up, let us know! :)

Aw thanks, that made me smile! I've just got a lot of random messy things going on in my life at the moment so I don't have the time, cash or energy for travelling and meeting up right now, but it's definitely something I want to do in the future, maybe a few months down the line! There are a lot of cool people on here I'd love to meet :)

Danfalc

Banned
How about... someone with a Diazepam prescription posts out 3 pills to each person going to the meet. Then we can all just chill out wherever it wouldn't matter. Wow that would surely be the best group therapy ever haha!

Haha i like the sound of this! And awr sorry to hear that Haru,i hope things sort themselves out for you soon.

worrywort

hey guys,

Unless anyone has any objections, I think it might be a good idea if I send some PMs out and start forming this mailing list.

so here's the list so far of users who can expect a PM in the next couple of weeks;

agneshatesherself
generical
HH
Katex88x
Pink Glitter
Princess Haru
Shrnwarks
Zlench
Danfalc
haze
Jimsie
LaLaLa
Madmike
Meee
Molotov
Psychedelicious
release
SammyT
teandtoast
toothpastekisses

Unfortunately it looks like the poll doesn't list every user that voted so there's a few names I've missed out. Apologies if your name was missed...please let me know if one of those names was yours. And if there's anyone else who'd like to be included in this mailing list, even if you're still unsure whether you'd like to come or not, please let me know by either replying in this thread or PM-ing me. Also if anyone wants to remove their name from the list please feel free to do so too.

p.s. banvard and rand0m guy, your names weren't on the polls but I'll send you both a PM as you both seem interested in a meetup, hope that's cool! :)

princess_haru

And awr sorry to hear that Haru,i hope things sort themselves out for you soon.

Thanks hon :) It's gonna be a bit crazy for a while, but things are getting sorted bit by bit. I'm moving house on the 14th (going back to the city where I grew up) and I'll most likely have very limited internet access for a while, but I'll still check in here as much as possible!

hevernon

I didn't relise this thread was so long,
I thought i'd read it all first and then reply afterwards, 5 pages later and i gave up.

So is this meet-up that's never going to happen?
(It's nice to think it could though, hey)

Anyway, im from the west midlands too, so if it was happening in this
part of the world, i'd consider it.
Though im not sure about large groups though, that might be a step too far
(is this the socially outgoing forum?).
Only problem is i see someone on here is from the same town as me,
im all good for meeting people from different towns,
but people from the same town! Woah hold on a second!!!!

Edit: oh i just read the last 2 pages, i see a small meet-up did happen, well done.
I'll keep one eye on this thread, you never know i might have a crazy moment where i agree to meet random people.

Edit: actually i've changed my mind about the meet-up, what was i thinking :rolleyes:

Last edited: