Time

I am believer that people shouldn't mess with the past (if they could), be it in our actual past, or an alternate parallel dimension's past. The thing is that time isn't a black and white flow of a just few key points, literally everything is a key point that causes something else to be set in motion. Everything endlessly branching off, and effecting everything else. Chaos theory applied to flow of time/space, basically.

Whom am I- and whom are others, to blatantly go back and alter the face of the current reality? Possibly causing far worse things to occur, by trying to prevent bad things in our past? It's a dangerous shot in the dark with no guarantee that it would have positive changes. Even if it did have some positive changes, remember that everything effects everything. The ripples caused by the change may have set other negative things in motion.

It's fun to fantasize about though.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'd pause it and stop everything, and take a step away from life for a little while.

Lea

Banned
That would be cheating :no:

I liked my childhood best of my whole life, so I wouldn´t mind returning to it, but if I did I would have to relive the rest of my life as well. Which I am glad I have behind. Maybe some fast forward, die, bye.

But, time is said to be only illusion. In every beginning is hidden the end, so it seems to me sometimes.

mikebird

Banned
A current theme, beyond Back to the Future, Memento or Doctor Who,
or apocalyptic themes of the planet - Mad Max, Waterworld, or 28 days later situations

I wanted to visit myself when I was eight, eighty-eight, or... 38
wondering which one would have the best advice for the other

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
How would you know what is the right way?

I guess if you kept the knowledge of what you have today, and started again from age 8. Knowing the right way is impossible, but you would know what one wrong way is.

Yeah maybe "right" is not the good word. I mean I would do it all over again but with the knowledge of what I have to do and what choices I have to make to have better chances to grow up being a happier and better person and to get where I want to go more efficiently.

"Right way" was just shorter to write. :D

Yeah maybe "right" is not the good word. I mean I would do it all over again but with the knowledge of what I have to do and what choices I have to make to have better chances to grow up being a happier and better person and to get where I want to go more efficiently.

"Right way" was just shorter to write. :D

whwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwh

Last edited:

Section_31

jeez....i dont know. my INSTINCT is to want to change a few things. Theres alot of old threads id like to have tied up.

But if theres anything ive learned from star trek and time travel, back to the future, dr who, ect, is whatever you do will effect everything else, and while things certainly were ****ey at certain points, what ive just recently come into now is wonderful and i dont dare want to change anything, otherwise i might risk never finding what i just finally have found, my happy place.

No, id follow the star trek temporal prime directive and not mess with things.

well, actually.....there is ONE thing is like to do.....

id go back, to the day my mother left. She was moving in with her bf, leaving my father and me. my dad was in the oil patch 7 hours away and was on his way home but there was no way he could have been there. I went to try to hug her and beg her to stay and she shoved me back onto the lawn hard and said she didnt have a son and to never speak to her. My 8 yr old self was so afraid and literally had no one.....id go back to my younger self, give him a hug, promise him everything would be ok and to just hang on. Then disapear before dad got home. At that time i wanted nothing more than for a grown up person to tell me it was all ok. The little boy i was deserved better then that. Id give that to him.

Other then that no, id do my absolute best not to change anything. Thinking about it, even doing what i just described might alter my future in ways unforseen and possibly dangerous, so in fact id even try to resist doing that.....

a person could go crazy thinking about all this lol.

Me too. But sometimes I'd like to sleep forever.:crying:

Do you feel like you want to sleep more? I bet you're stomach would wake you up and tell you it wants fooooooooooood! Mine sure does. My stomach has its own clock system. Sleeping or not it pokes me and says "hey, hey, hey... hungry." I don't think if I could manipulate time I'd be able to use it fully.

MotherWolff

Banned
If we could sleep longer we just might not have to eat much if not at all. We'd be too busy sleeping. Or maybe we could hook ourselves up to a machine that feeds us food straight to our stomachs. So we don't have to open our mouths. I guess if we slept for ever, we might as well be dead right?