Thoughts on women wearing perfume

Raichel

Hi. Uhm.

So lately I've been wearing perfume nearly every day and even though I myself love the scents of it, wearing it in public makes me feel slightly anxious. I worry that some people might be annoyed by it or find it inappropriate for someone my age or maybe they're allergic and I'm causing them to get allergic reactions.

:question:

In addition to feeling insecure about my appearance I guess I'm now also worried about what I smell like. (lol)

I'm just wondering, would you prefer a woman to 'stay natural' (as in only taking care of basic hygiene such as deodorant, shampoo, etc) or is it nice for women to also wear perfume? (not too much off course, guessing 2 - 3 sprays depending on how strong the scent is)

Last edited:

Section_31

I personally love when a woman wears perfume. A nice smelling girl bringing an IT issue to my office and turn a bad day into a great day LOL

neardeath

I have a reaction to many scents of this kind and I end up leaving events very prematurely because of it. It is toxic to me, and a lot of other people.

Starry

Frankly I hate it when I smell fragrances on other people (male or female) they're usually so strong that they catch in my throat and make me feel like I'm choking slightly and those are the ones that smell nicer... My husband hates the smell of all perfumes and scented deodorants, he thinks they smell vile and toxic, not at all pleasant. He doesn't even like the smell of my shampoo and conditioner and complains when I've washed my hair lol., though personally, I do like the smell of those.

*EDIT* Just to make sure it's clear - my husband complains about the smell when I've washed my hair - not about the fact I've washed my hair... He just likes to keep his nose away from my hair for a day or two lol

Last edited:

coyote

not all perfumes are created equal

some are repulsive, some make the blood rush quickly to certain extremities

don't over do it - less is more in this case

subtlety is more attractive

Lamb

The scent of perfume (depending on what it is, we all have different preferences) can be pleasant to the nostrils so long as you didn't decide to shower in it.

Personally I've never been big on perfumes (maybe that's because I haven't found a scent that I like nor do I enjoy wandering into the perfume sections at stores to get bombarded with sales reps), but I use body sprays.

Moderation is the key. :perfect:

Srijita52

I don't wear perfumes all that much, except for when I feel like it. I don't like strong fragrances either, just from mild to moderate.

jaim38

I don't wear perfumes, but I need to put on strong deodorants to mask my BO. I can get really smelly especially when I sweat so deodorants are a must. I might consider perfumes in the future.

Section_31

I wear perfume. As long as you don't wear too much you'll be fine. :) I usually spray a little in my hair too.

^ Love love love when a girl does that!!!. (not to be creepy wishing! lol, sorry just saying!)

If she gets close enough to hug you, thats when you'll pick it up. You might detect faint faint traces of it if shes just been in the room. I love that!.

spray it into the air and walk into the mist. Thats usually subtle too!

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Re: if you want to smell attractive

c9973ebd7e9bb790_Bacon_Gold-_-Classic-perfume.xlarge.jpg

perfume-woman-with-bacon.jpg

onehandclapping

I think its nice, it largely depends on the actual perfume though, some of them just smell nasty to me but some of them are divine, avoid cheap fragrances and get a second/third opinion. subtlety is best ,just a little bit not too much, even the nicest scents can overpower peoples senses.