This "nice" weather is making my anxiety really bad.

SmileMore

It's not even officially Summer yet and i'm already getting depressed and anxious. I hate the Summer. Mainly because there's suddenly 100's more people everywhere and you can't avoid them. I can't cover myself up with a jacket or coat anymore so walking down the street is really uncomfortable for me.

I'm not overweight or anything but i hate my body and i hate wearing clothes that show my figure. I can't bear the thought of people looking at me whether it's positively or not. Just the thought that they're looking at me at all makes me feel sick.

I can't stand it when people keep going on about how great the weather is and that it's nearly Summer. If i could i'd hibernate until Winter. I hate it. :sad:

Luka

I see what you mean. I hate winter because it makes me feel depressed for some reason. But I find it really hard to go out in the Summer because there are people everywhere, just like you said. I hope you feel more comfortable in your own skin because I bet you're fine really :)

bsammy

yeah you know you have some sort of disorder when you absolutely dread summer and the nicer weather..it sucks, i know..

Aron

Did you consider hiking? Being in nature is relaxing (at least for me), and if you avoid the really popular routes/places then you can go on without barely seeing a single soul all day (which is also relaxing for me).

SmileMore

Did you consider hiking? Being in nature is relaxing (at least for me), and if you avoid the really popular routes/places then you can go on without barely seeing a single soul all day (which is also relaxing for me).

It seems like wherever i go now there's loads of people. I don't really have anywhere i could go hiking per-se. I have woods/fields near where i live but when it's sunny everyone seems to think it's a good idea to use the fields to sit in with their friends. There's very little space now where i feel like i can escape.

bsammy

problem with hiking and going places where no one is is you are still avoiding and not helping the core problem..if the core problem can be fixed at all in the first place..

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I relate to your post completely, SmileMore.

I've always dreaded the summer for a lot of the same reasons you have.

Just as the onslaught commences, you're stripped of your armor. I suspect this is why some people get tattoos. :thinking:

SmileMore

Well, i decided to take my dog for a long walk even though i was anxious. Once i was outside it wasn't as bad as i thought. It was, dare i say, pleasant. It was nice to get some fresh air and my dog enjoyed herself.

Usually i walk my dog along the same route where i feel relatively safe and i know there won't be as many people but today i went through the main town where there were loads of people and traffic. I didn't hide under a coat either.

LittleGloves

Welcome to my world. I live near the equator and it's summer here everyday. I would be so grateful to even feel the cold air.

LazyHermitCrab

the thunderstorms are nice but other than that... yuck :p im drinking hot chocolate in my room in the darkness until it gets darker out... :)

Lavinialuna

I do a lot of walking in the evening. That is a great thing about owning a dog. You can go out at night and feel somewhat protected still.
We also tend to frequent places that just don't have many people. Luckily for me I don't have as much of a problem with strangers as I do with people I know (people I would have to get into an in depth conversation with.) With strangers, I am anonymous and invisible and less likely to be judged.
Glad to hear you went out and it was better than expected!:applause:

Nanita

I know what you mean. Well, I like summer; beautiful flowers, green trees, birds singing.... but I feel more lonely in the summer and somehow I compare myself more to other people in the summer, thinking "I should be doing things, I should be with people".
Coming home to an empty home in the summer, also feels more devastating than in the winter where it just feels cozy to be at home.

Livemylife

Yeah I wear long sleeves and jeans because I don't like feeling exposed. It's pointless because men are gonna ogle your figure unless you wear a cardboard box.

reamary

I know what you mean. Well, I like summer; beautiful flowers, green trees, birds singing.... but I feel more lonely in the summer and somehow I compare myself more to other people in the summer, thinking "I should be doing things, I should be with people".
Coming home to an empty home in the summer, also feels more devastating than in the winter where it just feels cozy to be at home.

That's one reason for me why I actually like rainy days and it wouldn't bother me even if it rained the whole summer through! It's exactly like that, I feel more lonely on sunny days and I have those same thoughts, that I should be doing things, and in my case I WOULD LOVE to do things and be with people, but it feels like everyone has their families and people to hang with, and I'm by myself, very often feeling very lonely. :( In winter you can take it, cause it's dark and cold anyway, and as you mentioned it feels cozy to be at home, so you don't get the same feeling.

Sometimes I've heard people wondering why would anyone get depressed in the spring, cause there's more light then and it gets warmer etc., but I can TOTALLY understand that.