Things you you said you were going to do but never did

reslo

What things have you said you were gonna do but haven't?

I keep telling myself I'll stop gambing
I told my friends I'd move out out soon (that was back in may)
Told myself I would get a second job
Told myself I would get help with my anxiety but I refuse to
Told myself I would stop crying so much

WeirdyMcGee

I told him I'd have his babies--- but that's his fault. haha
I told my friends that I'd see them from time to time
I told myself that I'd be okay

*Amy*

I told myself I would stop doing things just because they were expected of me, or because other people wanted me to, but because I really wanted to do them or thought they were necessary.
I told myself I would make an effort to meet new people and make new friends.
I told myself I would do something every day to help me overcome SP.

I told myself that I would not let my SA make another best friend slip away after it caused me to lose my first real best friend, but it did. I have not had another best friend since the SA caused me to lose the second one too :/

I have told myself all this year I would do some volunteer work, but my SA and depression has so far stopped this from eventuating.

I told myself I would do whatever I could to make my relationship with my girlfriend work. It wasn't my fault in any way that I could imagine, but it didn't work.

simpsons2007

I told myself I would try and get out the house more than once a week but I haven't. Severe panic attacks when going out has stopped me.

I told myself that I would work on my problems so I can get back to working again but I haven't. Severe depression, SA and severe panic attacks when going out has stopped me from doing it.

Apersonalan

I said I was going to be in my friends band but never did.

I said I was going to be a boxer but never did.

Something else which is now my last option.

GhoulsNightOut

I told myself to do several exposures a week to keep the momentum going (after college graduation) but easily gave up on that.

I told myself to spend the month of July doing something fun like traveling before I commit to the daily grind...that never happened.

I told myself to visit my sweet ol' aunt but I'm still terrified of getting lost on the freeway....

Social_Monstrosity

Told myself I'd go to the gym/exercise more.
Told myself I'd be assertive and try to talk to a stranger a day.
Told myself I'd return to school.
Told myself I'd read more.

upndwn

Told myself I had to start training and get into shape
Told myself I had to resume my studies
Told myself I had to get a driver's license
Told myself I should stop rejecting girls who comes on to me and just go with the flow
Told myself I should start saving some money

omnighost

My list.

1. Stop smoking
2. Quit giving officers the bird after previous incident.
3. Never drink tequila again (failed last night)
4. Go to prom (I went to a concert instead)
5. Get control of my anxiety.
6. Stay at a job longer than 3 months.
7. Run 2 miles a day
8. Stop drinking soda
9. Lay off the sweets
10. Let you borrow my car

Last edited:

Metal_isthe_Answer

My problem has been things Ive intended to do but the universe has not allowed:
I wanted to move out, but I had a massive car wreck and cannot afford to do so for a while
I wanted to not be single for all but 3 months in the past 15 years, but gorwing up I was very overweight, and losing the negative feeling about yourself, even if mostly brought on by others, is difficult to do
I wanted to go to college, I did about 6 years after graduating high school, but in less than months I had that previously mentioned car wreck, Ill never go back I think, maybe it was poor timing, but college makes me think of death and I dont want to go back

The main thing I wanted to do but havent yet, is learn to play guitar, but Im finally trying to

Sorry for wall o' text